1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Who else has this stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
BlkRanger
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who else has this stereo?

In my '07 Ranger, The stock stereo is made by Pioneer called an "audiophyle 6-CD/MP3 something or other."

I'm not a crazed stereo gadget/electronics guru of any kind, but this thing ROCKS! (And plays my country nice too.)

It will hold 6 different CD's at once, AM/FM, and has an auxiliary button that when you hit that button and plug in an IPOD, it plays the IPOD music through the truck's speakers. (I know, I need to get out more often.) I didn't even know that this was possible when I bought it, stereos are stereos......at least I thought so until now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm going through a mid-life crisis at age 40 and reverting back to my teen-age days, because driving home from work yesterday with my teenage son, (I teach school, so he rides home with me everyday) we had the AC/DC, Hendrix, G&R, etc...cranked right up. He loved it, Dad is cool again for awhile I guess....

Anybody else have this stereo????

Kev

Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 AM
bigdavesohc
Elder User
You mean the stock stereo or the Tremor Pkg?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 AM
BlkRanger
Junior User
The
Originally Posted by bigdavesohc
You mean the stock stereo or the Tremor Pkg?
The one described above came stock in my '07 XLT, 4x4, not a Tremor.

Kev

Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he has a lesser version of the pioneer stereo, not as many waats as us tremor owners, great stereo pioneer has made there though. its virtually almost the same thing, but the tremor package doesnt have the ipod hookup like you have though

its alright though i dont own an ipod. i use my lg chocolate phone which has an mp3 built in, 1 gig memory card

Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
tomtoc
Posting Guru
how did you work the ipod out with AUX button? do you have one of the ports on the dash? something custom behind the stereo? right now i'm using a fm transmitter and it's ok, not great. i'm not an audio nut either but you have to turn up the stereo really loud and it sounds horrible.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:51 AM
BlkRanger
Junior User
Originally Posted by tomtoc
how did you work the ipod out with AUX button? do you have one of the ports on the dash? something custom behind the stereo? right now i'm using a fm transmitter and it's ok, not great. i'm not an audio nut either but you have to turn up the stereo really loud and it sounds horrible.
Yep, have a port in the dash, bought a 4 dollar cord at wally-mart to plug between the two.

This thing is LOUD and sounds great!

PS- I don't know how mmany watts I have, but this is the first stereo I have ever owned that will play louder than what I like, and it never distorts the sound quality no matter how much you turn it up.

Kev

Old 04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
fflintstone
Elder User
Originally Posted by BlkRanger
Yep, have a port in the dash, bought a 4 dollar cord at wally-mart to plug between the two.

This thing is LOUD and sounds great!

PS- I don't know how mmany watts I have, but this is the first stereo I have ever owned that will play louder than what I like, and it never distorts the sound quality no matter how much you turn it up.

Kev
I'm the same age , and I know what you mean. 20 yrs ago, stock radio's were guttless and distorted past 3/4 volume. That's just the way it was unless you spent another $600. Audio technology and electronics are light years beyond what they were. The tremor package is in case they force you to park 1/2 mile away from where you want to party. Then you can probably control the silly thing with your cell phone, lol. I was impressed with the stocker radio when I took an '07 for a test drive. I thought it was a marketing gimmic, as the dealer wore a crooked smile!!! Ya want to hear the Tremor package? he says. I said 'turn it down, you'll wake the chinese'

Fred

Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
BlkRanger
Junior User
Originally Posted by fflintstone
I'm the same age , and I know what you mean. 20 yrs ago, stock radio's were guttless and distorted past 3/4 volume. That's just the way it was unless you spent another $600. Audio technology and electronics are light years beyond what they were. The tremor package is in case they force you to park 1/2 mile away from where you want to party. Then you can probably control the silly thing with your cell phone, lol. I was impressed with the stocker radio when I took an '07 for a test drive. I thought it was a marketing gimmic, as the dealer wore a crooked smile!!! Ya want to hear the Tremor package? he says. I said 'turn it down, you'll wake the chinese'

Fred
Yeah I remember. I used to drive dad's truck to high school in the early 80's. It would distort like you said........IF it would get the station I wanted. That's how I came to like country too, it came in the most clear.

Take care, Kev

Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
pgw85706
Elder User
80s'....ha - you didn't live when 8-tracks were the greatest thing going!

Sounds like an excellent stereo....and I am impressed that it comes as stock with all the features. I helped my Mom buy a new 07 Chevy Malibu last week and the stereo is nothing like yours though it did have a nice computer digital readout for mileage details and features programming. Looks like Ford may be a head of some of the other domestics....glad to see the progressive offerings.

With the IPOD feature, you'll likely find the 6 disc changer will go unused. Now your challenge is to master the IPOD synchronization. As a teacher, I bet there are lots of daily blogs that would make your commute more productive (though likley boring to your passenger son!). Sounds like a nice truck.

Pat

Last edited by pgw85706; 04-12-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:07 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think your pioneer 6 disc has about 400 waats the tremor model has to have more waats because its pushing 9 speakers.(515 waats)

Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM
fflintstone
Elder User
Ya ya. Funny isn't it. Young folks don't know how good they've got it electronically speaking, but you don't see as many of them playing in the streets like when we were kids. Too bad for them. Must be lonely, but at least they'll have their Blackberries .

God I miss New Brunswick. The only station you could get out there with any clarity was CBC and I actually liked their programming. People around here think that they're a bunch of backward redneck hicks, but I've never met a more well read, self-educated bunch of individuals. They can't afford satelite, don't have cable in most places, but they have lots and lots of books. A fella from the 'hills' that I was doing business with at the time left me a note when I wasn't home and I thought I should have framed it. It read like something out of Hemmingway. I met a few Mainers while living there and liked them straight off, like Harry Bryan - Boatbuilder. They didn't seem to make a lot of distinction between Maine and New Brunswick. During the war of 1812, residences of Calais and St. Stephen were having beers together and firing blanks from their cannons to keep the officers from West Point happy. Quite a history.

Back on topic, I've got a new '07 comming hopefully this week with the stocker radio and I'll let you know what I think.

Fred

Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM
BlkRanger
Junior User
Originally Posted by pgw85706
80s'....ha - you didn't live when 8-tracks were the greatest thing going!

Sounds like an excellent stereo....and I am impressed that it comes as stock with all the features. I helped my Mom buy a new 07 Chevy Malibu last week and the stereo is nothing like yours though it did have a nice computer digital readout for mileage details and features programming. Looks like Ford may be a head of some of the other domestics....glad to see the progressive offerings.

With the IPOD feature, you'll likely find the 6 disc changer will go unused. Now your challenge is to master the IPOD synchronization. As a teacher, I bet there are lots of daily blogs that would make your commute more productive (though likley boring to your passenger son!). Sounds like a nice truck.

Pat
Oh yes I did........my buddy had the stereo in his room where we could record off the radio and put it on an 8-track tape. We thought we had the world by the shorthairs because we had an 8-track on the tractor too.

So when we were bailing hay, (I grew up in Ohio) we were cranking up the Aerosmith and AC/DC.

Good ol' days....................

Old 04-12-2007, 01:38 PM
BlkRanger
Junior User
Originally Posted by fflintstone
Ya ya. Funny isn't it. Young folks don't know how good they've got it electronically speaking, but you don't see as many of them playing in the streets like when we were kids. Too bad for them. Must be lonely, but at least they'll have their Blackberries .

God I miss New Brunswick. The only station you could get out there with any clarity was CBC and I actually liked their programming. People around here think that they're a bunch of backward redneck hicks, but I've never met a more well read, self-educated bunch of individuals. They can't afford satelite, don't have cable in most places, but they have lots and lots of books. A fella from the 'hills' that I was doing business with at the time left me a note when I wasn't home and I thought I should have framed it. It read like something out of Hemmingway. I met a few Mainers while living there and liked them straight off, like Harry Bryan - Boatbuilder. They didn't seem to make a lot of distinction between Maine and New Brunswick. During the war of 1812, residences of Calais and St. Stephen were having beers together and firing blanks from their cannons to keep the officers from West Point happy. Quite a history.

Back on topic, I've got a new '07 comming hopefully this week with the stocker radio and I'll let you know what I think.

Fred
What exactly did you order for a truck? Just curious.

Kev

Old 04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
fflintstone
Elder User
Basically a barebones FX4, 4.0l L/S 5spd manual. The only extra's I got was the tilt/cruise( I LOVE cruise and tilt), sport bucket cloth seats, and traded the jump seats for the bedliner. The only use I've found for a rear slider is with a regular cab, so I didn't get it. I considered a stock Level II, but the load you could carry in the bed was seriously reduced. I fell in love with the new Vista blue two tone, so I got that tooo. I'm a functional kind of guy and was quite satisfied with the stock radio. It rocks.!!! I think that Ford threw in a great stock audio to 'Make up' for the lack of restyling that the silly automotive review guys have been complaining about. Glad you like it. No upgrade needed.

I noticed your thread about the bedliner. I'm sort of philisophically opposed to any coating that I can't get behind or can hold back moisture/salt. In my old GMC, I pull the bedliner every year, clean the bed, get the Rustcheck done and re-install it. My GMC wasn't undercoated, just Rustcheck, and it still looks new. I get under it every spring, powerhose it, scub any rusty spots with a wire brush and spotspray the frame with rustoleum. In the fall its Rustcheck time.

Fred

Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
I remember 8-tracks, but do you remember in the early 60's when Ford had a record player as an option in their Thunderbirds? Mounted just below the glove box and would slide out towards the front seat passenger.

Quick Reply: Who else has this stereo?