THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA
HOUSE BILL

No. 760 Session of 2007

INTRODUCED BY CRUZ, YOUNGBLOOD, PARKER, WHEATLEY, BENNINGTON AND
CURRY, MARCH 19, 2007

REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY, MARCH 19, 2007

AN ACT

1 Relating to firearm registration; providing for duties of the
2 Pennsylvania State Police; and imposing penalties.

3 The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
4 hereby enacts as follows:
5 Section 1. Short title.
6 This act shall be known and may be cited as the Firearm
7 Registration Act.
8 Section 2. Definitions.
9 The following words and phrases when used in this act shall
10 have the meanings given to them in this section unless the
11 context clearly indicates otherwise:
12 "Antique firearm." Includes:
13 (1) Any firearm, including any firearm with a matchlock,
14 flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system,
15 manufactured in or before 1898.
16 (2) Any replica of any firearm described in paragraph
17 (1) if the replica:

Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F2504X4...Sir I beg you to change the header for this post to "attention all Pa. gun owners" as I fear some may not have read the post. I did and Terry Punt and some of his co-horts will get a phone call on Monday! The extant of the new bill seems to be to force gunowners to comply with even more horseapples legislation and registration. And submit $10 per gun per year to those bloodsucking leeches down in Harrisburg. Like they don't already get enough of our paychecks..eh? And I take notice the new law will not pertain to law enforcement/federal or military personel....hmmmmm? I smell a rat here! Seems many of the rules they apply to taxpayers don't apply to selected areas of the population..eh? (Like their pension..and per diems...and not being prosecuted for certain crimes.) I suppose my take on polititions is quite obvious. They are below the scale of drug dealers, child molestors and rapists in my opinion and I consider them all evil. JMHO...Audie..with a big knot in my shorts...the oldfart.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

if i read that right, that means we have to pay $10 per year for each musket, carbine, etc., that is hanging on the wall, use for target shooting, or hunting? anybody know when the last time that somebody robbed a bank with a musket? 1870? this is probably another plot to fill the governor's pockets with more money. grrr

Old 04-15-2007, 12:15 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by oldfart
F2504X4...Sir I beg you to change the header for this post to "attention all Pa. gun owners" as I fear some may not have read the post. I did and Terry Punt and some of his co-horts will get a phone call on Monday! .
Good Idea..I will ask Trigger to change it...This kind of info needs to be pass along to every gun owner and informed of issues like this that affects our rights.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
heres some more related to another bill that they are trying to pass

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0030&pn=0055

1 Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania
2 Consolidated Statutes, providing for prohibition and
3 registration of certain assault weapons; and imposing
4 penalties.

5 The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
6 hereby enacts as follows:
7 Section 1. Chapter 61 of Title 18 of the Pennsylvania
8 Consolidated Statutes is amended by adding a subchapter to read:
9 SUBCHAPTER B.1
10 ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

and another

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0048&pn=0063

SENATE BILL

No. 48 Session of 2007

INTRODUCED BY C. WILLIAMS AND KITCHEN, FEBRUARY 7, 2007

REFERRED TO JUDICIARY, FEBRUARY 7, 2007

AN ACT

1 Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania
2 Consolidated Statutes, providing for prohibition and
3 registration of certain assault weapons; and imposing
4 penalties.

5 The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
6 hereby enacts as follows:
7 Section 1. Chapter 61 of Title 18 of the Pennsylvania
8 Consolidated Statutes is amended by adding a subchapter to read:
9 SUBCHAPTER B.1
10 ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Glad to see this post is getting some attention now! Excellent. I hope the N.R.A. is also taking notice along with Pa.'s sportsman clubs. One thing we can all do is contact our local State Reps. and send them an e-mail or call. Now, remember..be nice. No nasty-grams and no profanity. I think www.state.pa/gov will give us a list of our reps. and ya'll can get in touch with them. The more I read the madder I got. I assumed muzzleloaders would be exempt but am still unsure. The wording is a bit hard to decipher. One item did mention "any firearm that could be converted to fire a centerfire cartridge." Folks that could include virtually any muzzleloader. Back during the Civil War muskets were converted to fire cartridges using the Allen/Allin?? conversion, and several other methods. I saw one last Sat. at a local gun show. Once Colts Patent on the bored thru cylinder expired converting a cap'n ball pistol to fire cartridges was common, easy and cheap. So I assume I'd have to register them as well. Grrrr...! Many of my muzzleloaders I built..so they have no serial numbers. What about them? And any semi-auto or pump gun with a "detachable magazine"...I assume that means a clip..would fall under the new law..eh! Well that covers virtually all semi-auto pistols and a heckuva lot of rifles. Great..just flippin' great. And any semi-auto that has a clip forward of the pistol-grip. Well, that covers everything else now don't it! Well, I got to git busy and find out how many of these bills are dead and what is still under consideration. And I gotta call my local bloodsucking leeches an put a bug in their ears. More later....arrrgghhh...Audie!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by oldfart
Glad to see this post is getting some attention now! Excellent. I hope the N.R.A. is also taking notice along with Pa.'s sportsman clubs. One thing we can all do is contact our local State Reps. and send them an e-mail or call. Now, remember..be nice. No nasty-grams and no profanity. I think www.state.pa/gov will give us a list of our reps. and ya'll can get in touch with them. The more I read the madder I got. I assumed muzzleloaders would be exempt but am still unsure. The wording is a bit hard to decipher. One item did mention "any firearm that could be converted to fire a centerfire cartridge." Folks that could include virtually any muzzleloader. Back during the Civil War muskets were converted to fire cartridges using the Allen/Allin?? conversion, and several other methods. I saw one last Sat. at a local gun show. Once Colts Patent on the bored thru cylinder expired converting a cap'n ball pistol to fire cartridges was common, easy and cheap. So I assume I'd have to register them as well. Grrrr...! Many of my muzzleloaders I built..so they have no serial numbers. What about them? And any semi-auto or pump gun with a "detachable magazine"...I assume that means a clip..would fall under the new law..eh! Well that covers virtually all semi-auto pistols and a heckuva lot of rifles. Great..just flippin' great. And any semi-auto that has a clip forward of the pistol-grip. Well, that covers everything else now don't it! Well, I got to git busy and find out how many of these bills are dead and what is still under consideration. And I gotta call my local bloodsucking leeches an put a bug in their ears. More later....arrrgghhh...Audie!

yeah, this is BS....time to start sending emails out....screw them and their shoddy ways to take more money from us to buy 400.00 toilet seats...

Old 04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Gentlemen, while this subject is dear to many of our hearts, I must request that we refrain from any name calling. There is a rule on FTE about overtly political threads that are pushing an individual agenda, this is borderline. There is a consensus that since it is directly related to Pennsylvania it should be allowed, with discretion. Open, intelligent discussion of differing views can be stimulating and thought provoking, but we must refrain from making it personal or utilizing the discussion to promote a personal or hidden agenda. No campaigning allowed. If you must participate in more heated debates, there is always Club FTE., you'll know them by the blue supporter next to their name. This a "fee" club, but worth every penny.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
PatsPOS
Elder User
I figure it bears mentioning that there's a gun owner rally in Harrisburg on Tuesday, April 24th starting at 10:00 AM. With all the incredibly asinine legislation I've been reading about recently, I'm going to make every attempt to be there.

Just getting a heads-up out there...
Pat

Old 04-18-2007, 08:03 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Originally Posted by soondg
Gentlemen, while this subject is dear to many of our hearts, I must request that we refrain from any name calling. There is a rule on FTE about overtly political threads that are pushing an individual agenda, this is borderline. There is a consensus that since it is directly related to Pennsylvania it should be allowed, with discretion. Open, intelligent discussion of differing views can be stimulating and thought provoking, but we must refrain from making it personal or utilizing the discussion to promote a personal or hidden agenda. No campaigning allowed. If you must participate in more heated debates, there is always Club FTE., you'll know them by the blue supporter next to their name. This a "fee" club, but worth every penny.
Aye Soondg, my apoligies for my transgression on this matter. At times my heart far outpaces my brain and my fingers on the keyboard outpaces either one. Politics is such a delicate and personal subject..you are quite right my friend. I trust you and all will accept this apology for my broaching the rules. YMHS...Audie..the oldfart. P.S. I can still pick on gui88 about his Harley cain't I? (big giggle here!)

Old 04-18-2007, 12:15 PM
soondg
Postmaster
This is one of the responses that was recieved in the Chapter Leader Forum, I believe it is a good guide. This is used with the posters and Moderators Permission.

"(Quote)
Well the school of thought on this was that issues pretaining to local and state politics should be allowed, but not those that had to do with national related issues.
I do not know if this has changed or not, staff will have to answer this one as to whether or not it is still allowed.

That said, it never has been officially condoned , so it is a bit of a gray area.
but to date it has not been a problem in the most of the chapters .

Now politics in itself can create problems just like religious issues do so this is a area that has to be trend upon lightly so as not to cause problems amongst the members. so you should as a leader ask yourself and your members do you want these types of discussions to go on, also to be fair FTE does have a forum where these types of discussions can take place, Club FTE and with recent changes , it seems that some political topics can be discussed in the non-general auto forum.

Be curious what direction this will go in....The staff here has been working very hard to make FTE a more user friendly place to visit with some of the recent changes in how Moderation is done and what is moderated. (End of Quote)"

This is our chapter and our state, I do think we should be able to discuss just about anything that pertains to our area, as long as we are intelligent, mature and civil in our discussion. We may not all agree, that's why there are white trucks, black trucks, red trucks, lifted, slammed, old metal, new metal, diesels and gassers, (sorry if I left any thing out). *note-that was my PC apology.

Audie, no harm, no foul. Yes, you may make fun of Chris and his hardly(I'm an old Gold Wing owner too), we shouldn't make fun of our elected officials though, after all they are dedicated to serving their constituency without any personal motive or profit.

I'm sorry guys, I tried to say that with a straight face, even my dog is laughing at that one, have you ever heard a Rottweiller laugh.

Lets do make fun of our politicians, regardless of what party they belong to.

Last edited by soondg; 04-18-2007 at 12:19 PM.