CD Stuck 2000 Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
jippy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Stuck 2000 Ranger

Hello Folks,

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger with a Single CD Premium stereo system. Today I put a cd in, it took it in as usual, but nothing happened. It did not begin to play. When I press the EJECT button nothing happens. When I press the CD button it says NO CD. Anyone have any ideas as to how to get this CD out besides major surgery?

Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
tomtoc
Posting Guru
just a thought, but what if you try to put a new one in. sometimes electronics like that "think" they're empty, and trying to put a second one in might make it realize it's mistake.

another thought: i had my battery disconnected last night and when i started the truck this morning, my 6 disc was making all kinds of noise - i guess checking each slot. you could try that

Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
jippy
Junior User
Thanks for the reply TomToc. Yes I already tried putting another CD in, but it won't go in. My stereo is only a single CD player, not a 6. Anyways I did some more searching and I guess I'm gonna make a Stereo Din tool out of a clothes hanger and pull the stereo...then probably take it apart further to get the CD out.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
fflintstone
Elder User
like Tomtoc suggested, disconnect the battery or pull the fuse for a bit, then reconnect. It might have a re-initiallizing run that might spit out the cd.

Fred

Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
jippy
Junior User
I'll try that in the morning FFLINTSTONE. It would be much easier if it worked. Thanks for the reply!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
jippy
Junior User
UPDATE:

I pulled the fuse, waited a few mins and put it back in. Didn't help.

I pulled the radio today, removed the upper radio chassis plate and with the manipulation of a screwdriver and a paperclip(bent fully straight with a very small HOOK on the end) was able to get the CD out!

Thanks to those who replied.