Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Cage Offroad

Old 04-08-2007, 07:36 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cage Offroad

Has anyone here heard of Cage Offroad? I was just reading through the newest issue of Petersens 4Wheel & Off-Road and they had a bunch of new suspension systems featured, I was looking through at all the new trucks and all the new goodies they have, then what do I see? a new suspension system on par with the ones designed for new trucks, but its for the 78-79 F150s and Broncos!

It looks like some awesome stuff, high tech radius arms, progressive rate springs. and all for a decent price. here are some pics.

http://www.cageoffroad.com/photos.asp

http://www.cageoffroad.com/product_details.asp?make=FORD&year=1979&model=F-150%20PICKUP&catid=78&itemid=64

No, I dont work for them, I am just excited to see some new technology for these awesome older trucks! check it out! the write up in the mag is really good also

Old 04-08-2007, 08:40 AM
77f150got_sand
Senior User
I saw the same article and immediately got on the phone with my buddies! I was mainly interested in the radius arms as i have fenderwell headers on my Big Block and I don't think the shock hoops will fit. Jeffs Bronco Graveyard has some extended arms for $750 and these Cage arms are $725 but I could not tell if they are extended or not, does any one know for sure?
Either way I am glad to see a company paying attention to our old trucks!

Old 04-08-2007, 10:22 AM
460 Crew
Elder User
Yes they are extended and I talked to them on the phone for over an hr one day, one of the owners and I got conversing about their products on our personal rides. I will be running their arms on my 70 CC 4x4 and was full of questions when he started to tell me about his 73 CC 4x4 he had already had a set on for about a yr with 39's and wheels with a 460 and planning on a cummins upgrade like I have in mind and he said the only change would be the stiffer springs for the weight, say off a lifted superduty as their the same diameter. All in all the arms are supposed to be way stout and ready to take some abuse.

Like you say it's nice to see some quality aftermarket parts for the older 4x4 fords. Would be even better if FTE picked them up as a sponsor and could get a discounted price for us.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Yeah, it is definately nice to see companies coming out with some high quality parts for these trucks. After I get the new motor in it the 79 F150 is looking to get the whole treatment from these guys, it defintely looks like some extremely well built stuff that will hold up to anything.

Its also nice how they put a bend in the radius arms to accomodate full steering lock with larger tires.

460 Crew, when you get those arms put on, let us know how it goes.

Also, after I checked out the extended superflex arms on Bronco Graveyard, the Cage Offroad set looks to be built a lot tougher, and more robust.

Heres a link right to Cages radius arms
http://www.cageoffroad.com/product_d...=110&itemid=71

Last edited by joshdvirnak; 04-08-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 AM
460 Crew
Elder User
Here is the complete rundown on the arms. He had told me that the tubing actualy almost broke their in house bender and that they have to be sent out. http://www.cageoffroad.com/product_d...=110&itemid=71

For sure i'll put some feedback up, let you know how it goes after some bashing.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
When are you looking at getting them? I cant wait to hear how they work, from their picture it looks like the extra length really helps out with the articulation.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:14 AM
460 Crew
Elder User
I'm waitting on a check that should be here in the next couple weeks and it should be enought to buy most of my parts and supplies, buckets, custom trac bar, springs, shocks, going to build hoops, might just order their hoops just to check them out and if they need too much work to fit then I'll make my own with an incoorperated engine cage. I'll be doing the conversion along with boxing the front ends of the frame and building a custom crossmember for under the engine to accomidate the Cummins and building another that goes where the front leaf mounts are now. Also adding a 78-79 4x4 steering box ported with the ram assist to replace my 2wd box conversion on there now. Lots of big plans all at once and do it in one big bang hopefully, all in the middle of trying to sell a house and get into a new one so parts might be here but they might take a while to get bolted on. LOL I just can't wait till it's all done then I can decide if I want to radius arm the rear or just run a set of Deaver leafs, i don't tow anything with this rig and it's a kid hauling DD/ offroad toy. The fun nevers stops!!

Old 04-08-2007, 11:17 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Man, thats gonna be one amazing truck when you are done, hope everything works out great for you, and dont forget to take pictures!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
OK, first of all,
Apologies for reviving such an ancient thread, but I.had to find out more about the Cage Off road kit.

I can't find any website for them or any retailers, so I'm assuming they've gone out of business.
Does anyone else do a lift kit with extended arms andbolt on long travel shock hoops? The Cage kit looks like the answer to everything I've been looking for (in terms of my truck, not my entire life )

Old 10-22-2013, 07:58 PM
460 Crew
Elder User
Aussie, better late than never but just so it's out there all the cage products are being sold through a company name of bloody knuckle garage now. So their stuff is still obtainable. Bloody Knuckle Garage