Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

BUGGER the weather! I have five dogs in my house again...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BUGGER the weather! I have five dogs in my house again...

I wish Tennessee would decide it was either summer or winter - this crap is getting old.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:30 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this weather is stupid, just be summer. at least its not like in the north, they got snow!

had to move our plants in from the outside, they are growing good and don't want nothing to happen to them.

it better be nice next weekend, plan on going fishing!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
It is real tempting to say "IT BETTER BE WARM FROM NOW ON!"

But what can you do? SUE mother nature???

It's still pretty crappy though.

I only know of one thing I CAN do.

THIS:

Lord,

Bless us with fair weather for the coming season - that things we care for may grow, and creatures in our charge be healthy and untroubled. Make of the soil a rich and fine loam that a spade cuts into with joy, and a plow or a tiller finds a home in.

Grace us with plantings that never see frost, nor hail on their blossoms, and may we have strong straight limbs on our trees, and strong vines which can bear abundantly.

In keeping with your plan - may the fruits of our efforts yield greatly so that from our own fields, gardens, and yards blessings come to us all - that we may bring forth sustenance from the earth itself.

This we pray....

AMEN

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-07-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Thats a good prayer Dutch. All we can do is pray for better weather. It does no good to cry if it doesn't go our way. I have my plants covered with straw. I hope it saves them. I'm gonna use this cool weather to haul dirt for my new garden bed. I'll make the best of the cool days.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Y'know what? Today I pretty much slept all day long, I had to.

But I took care of the puppies somewhere in that. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back in some kind of decent shape again.

BURN OUT is a bad thing, I don't remember parts of the last three or four weeks but I got a lot taken care of.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's getting down to the low 20s again here in NC tonight......Thanks a lot, you SOBs from Tennessee!.....You guys sent it!!!....(haha).

The five pups are inside, huh?....Now THAT'S cold......Reminds me of the origin of the band "Three Dog Night"....and how they GOT that name. That's how the aboriginal Australians described how cold a night was........It was based on how many dogs you had draped over your shivering body.........A "one-dog-night" was cool........A "two-dog-night" was cold.........and a "three-dog-night" was VERY cold..........

It must be cold as hell up there, Greywolf!..........

They WILL cuddle up with you.......One thing I learned as a K-9 handler in the Marines out on a field op (during the cold weather)......Your dog WILL snuggle up with you in the sleeping bag out in the field...(haha)......with nothing but a shelter half between you and the elements (and the nice little rain-catch/drain they taught us to dig out with our entrenching tools around the perimeter of the shelter half.....)....

Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
It was only a 2 dog nite here last nite. My little furball dogs feel good against your back on a cold nite. Its supposed to be in the 20s here tonight so I might need another dog.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 AM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
It is real tempting to say "IT BETTER BE WARM FROM NOW ON!"But what can you do? SUE mother nature???
Wolfe, Happy Easter! Don't look up my weather, you'll be depressed!! Sorry. Glad the pups are doing well!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Not to worry - there's a 100 watt floodlight directly under the deck where the mutt-house is, and a 150 watt IR light (food warmer) over the thing.

And mommy is with them tonight.

Shoot, they're warmer than I AM!

PS: It is better to have a dogless five dog night, than wake up to a ten poop morning...

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-08-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Yep you need house broke dogs don't you Dutch.