N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

4x4 Project-Money Post/Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4X4 Money Post

Well, comes time to ask those who can or want to contribute money to the 4x4 Chapter project to chime in/up!

To keep things simple and to not alienate anyone...since some just can't spare extra cash, I'd like any and all donations to be sent to me.

We can use my PP address passnb4u@earthlink.net

Now when you send in anything, I'd also like you to CC Clint (WillyB) as well, so there is double record of the funds.

Please list the transaction as "Ford 4x4" in the paying subject line.

To make things simple, I will also accept cash and checks..and just deposit and transfer to the account.

You do not need to reply to this thread that youo can or cannot pay anything, we all understand times are tough.

But just to catch everyone up to speed for dollars/parts ( i won't be adding names and stuff to the list)

Dan has contributed 260.00 and his time to pull the frontend for the D44
I have contributed 250.00 for the engine and tranny.
Clint has donated the truck
I need name of everyone who did the wreching to get the engine and tranny out...other that Tim, I've forgot).

Rest assured Im not goiong to take you money and be off...anyone who's been to my place can attest I have too much stuff to move if I were to run out

Dan,

Maybe you can post this thread as a sticky?

Old 01-13-2007, 08:26 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
I suggest that those who can not make a single large donation make several small ones - like $20 a payday.

I should also point out that this money is going for the actual cost of the parts - not for time or expenses to pull them. That is, while we can and should reimburse skipped-link for shipping the parts he has donated, we will not buy the gas for someone to drive from Reno to Battle Mountain to pick them up.

Seems silly at times, but we do need some rules to keep from getting hard feelings - - -

Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
One additional item as well...

If you send funds electronically (or in the mail/etc) please include your FTE name and real name...I want to keep track of everything.

Now if you're just plain rich and want to make an anyonamous contribution...that's cool too

Old 01-13-2007, 08:59 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
One additional thing...

Ill open up a website to show tracking the $$ coming in/parts coming in/etc.

Does anyone want me to track labor on the project as well? By name/time spent/etc?

Not trying for a competion of who did the most, but as I mentioned a week or so back, time (IMO) is as good as money in some cases...unless of course I have to teach Dan how to torque a bolt.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:48 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
I think we did good keeping Dan from using the fire wrench on the parts -

If you want to do a spread sheet, I can post it on Old-Fords.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:26 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Little do you know...the hot wrench is still in the back of my truck from yesterday. Worked well, saved me lots of time!

As for torquing bolts, I learned a long time ago that you tighten the the first one till it breaks to find the limit of the fastener, and then don't tighten the others quite as much...that's right, isn't it?! Torque wrench...we don't need no stinkin' torque wrench!

You've only yourselves to blame for getting this thread off-topic. Leave me an opening and you know I'll take it!

BTW, thread stickied for now...

Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike, when I pulled the engine and trannie, thanks to your generous donation for the parts, I also contributed money out of pocket. I didn't realize that this thread was here to track the costs, so I didn't bother with reporting it. Now that I finally noticed the thread, I will get the cost to you once I find the receipts.
Anyway, the costs are only what came out of pocket (wasn't too much). The only other thing was time and fuel costs to deliver the stuff. None of which I am concerned with. But if you want to track costs, I can produce an amount for you, if you wish.
T

Old 04-03-2007, 11:18 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Hey Tim,

Shoot me a PM with what you have in it...also remind me again of who helped/etc, estimate on time spent...I'm guessing you'll figure out by *all* the replies to this thread, there's been no other activity...maybe it'll pick up.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:25 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
OK, just to record what was decided some time ago, and to refresh everyone's memory -- mine could be wrong too. . .

First, the only expenses that will be reimbursed are the cold cash spent on parts, and approved in advance. We will not be buying fuel, or pizza and beer or any other expense for those working on the project.

Mike is the money guy, and his decisions are final. He gets to make the call on any item, and is free to change or violate these guidelines as he thinks best.

Anyone who has make a cash or major part donation can ask for and receive an accounting at any time. Such reports need not be made public. Those who have not made a donation of cash and/or major part do not have the right to demand an accounting.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:12 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For the record, I expect NO reimbursement for anything I have contributed. It was simply my part in the group project.
If you would like to keep track of what was done and by who, I think that is a good idea, and I will give you an accounting of what I have done. But personally, I don't expect any kind of payback.
One guy who is doing quite a bit is Dan, driving equipment up and down the state and performing a major 4x4 conversion at his home. Then Mike, who is going through the mechanical equipment at his home. I'm sure that they will not be expecting anything back.
Now, if the time comes, where anything is sold off, and Mike decides that dispersement is necessary, then we can work out what is applicable for reimbursement or what isn't. I'm not thinking that far ahead. But keeping full accounting, for credit for contributions of time, effort, fuel costs, mileage, busted knuckles, occupying someone's garage, or whatever, is something we can offer members, if nothing more than recognition amongst the chapter membership.
Just my thoughts.

Good Job Mike and Clint!

Tim

Old 04-05-2007, 07:15 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
4x4 Project-Money Post/Update

Hey Guys, we now have 400 in the "account", thanks to AnOldDog's recent contribution (Chet)...but...(no, I'm not running off with it) my parts for my '36 will be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week..I'm about done with the trailer for my Dad, then will be starting on the '36 and get started on readying my stalls for Horse rental...what's that mean?

Well, I will be spending little to no time on the internet for the next month or so and I think I want to transfer the money over to someone else to hold...probably Dan since he's going to start on the chassis sooner than I will be starting on the engine, beside, even after tear down of the engine, there's some portwork, and probably valve work needed, long before we look at putting dollars into it.

So,

If someone want's to step up to hold and distribute the money, let me know, or I'll send it Dan's way if there are no objections.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
No, it is not that easy to get out of the jobs you volunteered for. . . . . Just hold the money in the account we set up, and if something comes up we will call you.

Clint

Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Going to send you guys a PM with my home number, I don't have a cell phone anymore

Old 04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Sent email instead...

Not trying to get out of anything (BTW...YOU volunteered me )

Just that I may be hard to reach for awhile.

PS...answering machine is on the kaput's too...

Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Well, I for one have no objections to transferring the money to Dan. Since he will be working on the truck anyway. I see no reason why he can't hang on to the money. Of course, if Dan does not want that job, then that is cool too.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Project-Money Post/Update