1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a used 95 Bronco, and possible value.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 06:20 PM
MDB
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I was looking at a 1995 Bronco today, and am wondering what I should be looking for. It is the Eddie Bauer edition, and I don't know what this includes that isn't with the XLT package. Seems to run good, but the history is unknown because it is at a salvage yard. It is a theft recovery vehicle, and although the title is good the VIN numbers on the dash and door jamb were removed by the thief. Therefore I would have to figure out how to get these replaced, (don't know if it is worth the effort or not). The truck needs a good interior cleaning, but the exterior is very sharp, because it was professionally repainted not too long ago.

It kind of vibrates going down the road, but I think it is because it needs new tires. The 4x4 high works, but I couldn't get it in low range, but I think this is because I forgot to put it in neutral before pushing the Low Range button.

The truck doesn't have power seats, but it has a wierd little air pump the inflates or deflates a lumbar support on the side of the seats. It has the leather interior, as well as hitch (which I think was factory because it has a transmission cooler in the front left of the radiator.) The radiator is only a two core unit, though, so maybe it wasn't a factory tow package.

I couldn't get the AC compressor to run, and I don't know if that was because it was too cold out or if something else was wrong. Any help here would be appreciated. Transmission fluid looks and smells good, although it is a little low. I seemed to shift too quickly though into high gear on the road, though it is hard to tell, not being familiar with the truck. The power steering pump kind of whines whenever the steering wheel is turned, which acts like it would be low. It is a little, being at the lower end of the add mark, but I wouldn't think that this would be enough to create a whine whenever the steering wheel is turned.

So do I look into this a little more or do I walk away? It has 85,000 miles and they are asking $6700 for it.

Sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me.

Old 02-16-2002, 07:41 PM
jtod
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts