Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
New User

racingtom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question HELP P1316 code & Runs Rough??

On sat. morning I drove appx. 1/2 mi. parked, came out 5 min. later and started my 2001 F350 SD Diesel W/75,000 mi. and it was running rough and the SES light was on. I changed fuel filt. in the fall and maintain it well.

Pulled the code with my OTC Genisys and came up with P1316 Ignition Diagnostic Monitor Codes Detected.

My Alldata dosen't go to 2001 and I have no other info for this truck. I'm thinking I've got a injector gone bad.
Any one have any exp. with this that can guide me??

TIA

Tommy

Last edited by racingtom; 04-02-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Post Fiend

Pocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant future
P1316 is a generic IDM code. It means that you have more codes stored inside the IDM itself. The way to retrieve them is to run an injector buzz test.

Since I've never used the Genisys, I have no idea if it's capable of that. Quite a few PSD owners as well as myself use Autoenginuity, which can run a buzz tests and pull IDM codes in a few seconds.

If you can't pull the IDM codes at the moment, your best best is to first check the UVC harnesses. They are located in the middle of each valve cover and each face the valley of the engine. You'll either have chaffed wires from a failed harness, or the clip underneath the valve cover popped off. For that you'll have to take the valve covers off and reconnect. They come off surprisingly easy.

Hope this helps.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the Colorado diesel community.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 PM
New User

Thanks Pocket I'll ck if I can do a buzz test tommorrow.
Not to sound stupid but what is the IDM ??
Old 04-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Postmaster

wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket

If you can't pull the IDM codes at the moment, your best best is to first check the UVC harnesses. They are located in the middle of each valve cover and each face the valley of the engine. You'll either have chaffed wires from a failed harness, or the clip underneath the valve cover popped off. For that you'll have to take the valve covers off and reconnect. They come off surprisingly easy.

Hope this helps.
yep ...most of the time thats it...
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...oid=65664&.jpg

its good to have an open mind...but not so open that your brains fall out
Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 PM
New User

Well I started my truck this morning for my drive to work (appx 8 mi. drive) and it was running fine with no SES light, at arround 6 mi. here it goes again missfiring and SES on.
So after work I decided to pull the valve cover's and of course the second one I pulled
the connector was backed off, while I had the both cover's off I secured both harnesses inside the cover's. Only took about 2 hrs. . Started good and road tested, runs great.
Thanks for the help guy's.

Tommy
Old 04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Post Fiend

Pocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant future
Glad you got it back up and running right.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the Colorado diesel community.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:44 PM
New User

Thank's Pocket.
Just for reference I'll check if the Genisys can do a buzz test.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
New User

Well I checked today and in the "Self Diagnostics" menu with a OTC Genisys here are the test's.
KOEO Injector Buzz Test
KOEO Output State Test
KOER Self Test
KOER Glow Plug Self Test
KOER Cylinder Contribute Test
KOER Switch Self Test

Ran all the test's and all is good now.

Tommy
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I think Pocket rates some rep points for that (click the scales on the right upper side of his post).

Great going!
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
New User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat
I think Pocket rates some rep points for that (click the scales on the right upper side of his post).

Great going!
Done

Tommy
Old 04-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2000, 2001, codes, detected, diagnostic, duty, f250, ford, fordp1316, iddle, ignition, monitor, p1316, rough, ses, super