Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Illegal Immigration

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
petes79f150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Illegal Immigration

Don't know if anyone else cares about this, but having been in the construction industry around these parts for almost 25 years, I have seen the impact that the influx of cheap (and illegal) labor has had on the economy, especially in my business.
I don't care if I hurt any feelings. I could go off on a rant, but instead I thought I'd let everyone in on a movement that actually might have an impact.
I first noticed the billboards on my way home from work a week or so ago. The 2 guys behind this deal are retired OHP. I've spoken with them, and it seems that there are quite a few law enforcement people that are involved, but due to some department's policies, aren't allowed to publicly express their opinions, which is somewhat understandable.
They're not the vigilante type, they're just as fed up with the situation and have the time, resources and contacts to hopefully get something done. Please read:
http://www.outragedpatriots.com/
It struck me as rather ironic that the day I saw one of their billboards over off I-44, I was on my way home from remodeling several doors in a home to make them wheelchair accessible for a woman who was T-boned by a drunk illegal, paralyzing her from the waist down about 9 months ago. She's just now able to come home from the hospital. The husband is retired from the Ford glass plant in BA. I can't repeat on here what he had to say about it, but I'm sure you can imagine how he feels.
This post doesn't require a response, just passing on something that may be of interest to some members.

Pete