Chemical Suppliers Database (world locations)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chemical Suppliers Database (world locations)

All the chemical supplier information from various biodieselers in locations all over the globe has been compiled and organized into a single page found here:

http://www.murphysmachines.com/resou...s_locator.html

We will be creating a way for visitors to add information to the database shortly.

Sure hope this helps someone.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Originally Posted by Murphy2000
All the chemical supplier information from various biodieselers in locations all over the globe has been compiled and organized into a single page found here:

http://www.murphysmachines.com/resources/suppliers_locator.html

We will be creating a way for visitors to add information to the database shortly.

Sure hope this helps someone.
Thanks.Appreciate that. Now do you have a list of Magnesol distributers?

Old 04-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tom D
Thanks.Appreciate that. Now do you have a list of Magnesol distributers?
I thought magnesol was a mail order thing.. no??

Old 04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Tom D
Elder User
I thought magnesol was a mail order thing.. no??
You may be right. I seem to remember a post about that. I will check. Thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom D
You may be right. I seem to remember a post about that. I will check. Thanks

Tom, you can only get it by mail order at this time. My company is working with the Dallas Group to become a west cost supplier, but it hasn't happened yet. Until then you can order it here: http://www.fryerpower.com/store/page1.html

Old 04-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Murphy2000
Senior User
What stops people from just buying magnesium silicate from a chemical supplier??

I've never tried, not even sure if its available but it is just talcum powder.. IE: Baby Powder..

I would think magnesium silicate would be commonly available since its such a common thing.

Isnt this the same thing you find in an electronics package? You know, that little bag that comes with every box with "DO NOT EAT" written on it? Those are pretty coarse grains..

Where do these people get it from? I would think it would much much cheaper..

Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
What stops people from just buying magnesium silicate from a chemical supplier??

I've never tried, not even sure if its available but it is just talcum powder.. IE: Baby Powder..

I would think magnesium silicate would be commonly available since its such a common thing.

Isnt this the same thing you find in an electronics package? You know, that little bag that comes with every box with "DO NOT EAT" written on it? Those are pretty coarse grains..

Where do these people get it from? I would think it would much much cheaper..

Magnesol is not simply "BabyPowder", but it is Magnesium Silicate. It starts out as common Magnesium Silicate then is processed in a proprietary, patented system [owned by the Dallas Group], that increases the "receptor" sites. This product has been in use for YEARS in the restaurant business to extend the life of cooking oils by removing contaminants!

The receptors are designed to reject oil, and ACCEPT ffa's, water, caustics, even color!

For more info go here: http://www.dallasgrp.com/today.asp

I started out water washing almost 4 years ago, for 3 1/2 years I've been using Magnesol and will never water wash again. I've done the tests myself, I've had tests done on the same samples at the University of Idaho. They all say the same.......consistent high quality fuel. To me at $.07 per gallon it's a no brainer.....................

Old 04-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Just a suggestion for you guys using Magnesol.. and I could be wrong here but my expeirence says there's a better than 50/50 chance I am right.

The magnesol they sell is just synthetic magnesium silicate.. Ok.. so they say they do something to it that makes it better.

How much you want to bet that's a load of BS.. I've been in the industrial processing business for a long time and I can't remember how many proprietary products with a "secret forumula no one knows about" that were a load of donkey doo doo..

Has anyone even tried regular coarse grain talc?

It wouldnt be the first time I saw a 500% or 1000% mark-up on some common product that is disguised with a special label.

Just a thought.. maybe one day someone might save some money..

Old 04-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Tom D
Elder User
[QUOTE=fabmandelux]Tom, you can only get it by mail order at this time. My company is working with the Dallas Group to become a west cost supplier, but it hasn't happened yet. Until then you can order it here: http://www.fryerpower.com/store/page1.html[/QUOTE] Thanks Don. I think I will build a system that will fit in an enclosed trailer so I can move it off site when not using it. You mentioned you used an oven thermostat and a stovetop heater outside the mix tank for safety. Does that mean you hooked the stovetop heater 220volts?

Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Exactly right Tom, this eliminates the potential for the eliment shorting out and causing a fire.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Exactly right Tom, this eliminates the potential for the eliment shorting out and causing a fire.
Fabman,

can you explain this better? I think I'm missing something..

Your talking about the inline heater idea right? how does this have anything to do with fire prevention in the case of a short? (IE: element malfunctions and creates a spark)

Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Gun-Driver
Senior User
Would diatomaceous earth also work? I've heard of restaurants using this to filter oil for cleaning and extended use.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:27 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Fabman,

can you explain this better? I think I'm missing something..

Your talking about the inline heater idea right? how does this have anything to do with fire prevention in the case of a short? (IE: element malfunctions and creates a spark)
I'll try............. As you know, I don't use an appleseed style of processor, so I have less constraints on my system. I use a 500 gallon tank mounted horizontally, on the bottom side I fabbed 2 flat round plates welded into the bottom of the tank. I use range top elements held in place by brackets and insulated with the rest of the tank. The heating elements are never in contact with the oil, so there is no possibility of fire. My new tank also has tubes welded from end to end inside, these will eventually be used to supply solar heating in summer, and Hydronic heating in winter.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Ah.. I get it..

It's an electric stove with a big a$$ boiling pot on top of it..

I thought you were talking about an inline heating element.. People seem to think that removing the heating element from a tank and putting it in the piping makes it safer.. (which it does not)

What you are doing is heating with an external element and you are applying direct heat to the outside wall of your processing tank correct?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Correct.............