Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

I need a Lawyer or paralegal

Old 04-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
DUDE, how do you come up with this stuff?
He came up with it because he is great....Does not matter where you are, when you rent, the property basically becomes yours! To an extent, you have more rights than the actual owner.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Placermike
He came up with it because he is great....
oneminizut agrees!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:17 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oneminizut
oneminizut agrees!
Wow, suddenly oneminizut is using the 3rd person.

His head and ego are too big

Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Wow, suddenly oneminizut is using the 3rd person.

His head and ego are too big
I was using Jedi mind tricks.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
DUDE, how do you come up with this stuff?
Researcher extraordinaire`

Google is your friend (even though it's less of a search engine now than before, since it is mostly paid-for-ads that crowd out the real information. All the good engines are being swallowed up by big outfits and ads are taking over.)...Then sort through the links to find the right ones. Time and patience.

Yesterday my mother asked to find a family friend that we hadn't heard from in 25 years and she couldn't locate by calling others or by computer searches. I eventually tracked our friend to Birmingham, Alabama, 1,500 miles from where we'd all lived before, by her speaking engagements and great-grandchildren's birth announcements. (The WhitePages phone listings are often useless now unless you want to pay for them. www.whitepages.com and International http://us.ixquick.com/eng/phone.html is still handy sometimes for free.)

Did those legal sites have any useful info for ya' Marty?

Last edited by RexB; 04-02-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ain't that the truth Rex. I was trying to check out MEL engines on an other thread. (y block forum) and couldn't get through the add's to learn anything. ARRRRRR Sopost to be a 430 Y Block with both the Y and FE bell bolt paterens cast in them. I must have more info on these. That would be almost as much fun as having a P&H 450 HP 985 Wasp Jr. straped to the side of yer barn.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Ain't that the truth Rex. I was trying to check out MEL engines on an other thread. (y block forum) and couldn't get through the add's to learn anything. ARRRRRR Sopost to be a 430 Y Block with both the Y and FE bell bolt paterens cast in them. I must have more info on these...
Here's a little info on those
430 MEL claims to have patterns but a quick look shows it has to be dug out of the article.

This tranny site claims "FORD BLOCKS: 1958 to 1971, 332, 352, 383, 360, 390, 406, 427, 428 and 430 all have the same round bolt pattern. (FE Motor)"

MEL to Ford tranny adapter (Y?)

Can't tell if any of that helps with a Y and FE matchup...that will be quite a search. A HotRod board maybe?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:17 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Why don't we make a post called "AskRex" kind of like the old askJeeves.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Thanks but no thanks John, I'll look around sometimes but not on a regular basis...but...er...I believe in capitalism so might for $50 an hour.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:03 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RexB
Thanks but no thanks John, I'll look around sometimes but not on a regular basis...but...er...I believe in capitalism so might for $50 an hour.
Erghh... I'll stick with Google. I have trouble putting $50 into my Ford right now.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Well thats wshat I want the letter to say. His letter says he is prepared to defend himself vigirously. I want mine to say that I am prepared to defend my family and land vigirously according to the 2nd

he has made no threats but he is a nosey old man and he thinks im a piece of crap and because i rent I cannot afford a home. I am trash in his eye's

If the letter states he is prepared to defend himself and he has no probable cause to need to defend himself - then that can be construde as a threat to you because it can be looked at by the law as a declaration of intent.

I would not send him a letter stating the same thing or anything in writing for that matter. I have learned over the years not to tell anyone what you would do or what you can do. You do everything you can to stay out of the situation, but when the time comes, you don't talk about it, you do it.

I would put up a camera like mentioned, a No Tresspassing sign, and I would file a restraining order against him. The restraining order will do the trick. Watch the camera and when he comes on your property, you have proof and have him arrested. Easy as that.

It would be ashame for it to come to that, but sometimes people just can't be dealt with in any other way. I'm glad I don't have neighbors like that. Mormons knocking on my door is as bad as it gets for me...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by CobraXP
If the letter states he is prepared to defend himself and he has no probable cause to need to defend himself - then that can be construde as a threat to you because it can be looked at by the law as a declaration of intent.

I would not send him a letter stating the same thing or anything in writing for that matter. I have learned over the years not to tell anyone what you would do or what you can do. You do everything you can to stay out of the situation, but when the time comes, you don't talk about it, you do it.

I would put up a camera like mentioned, a No Tresspassing sign, and I would file a restraining order against him. The restraining order will do the trick. Watch the camera and when he comes on your property, you have proof and have him arrested. Easy as that.

It would be ashame for it to come to that, but sometimes people just can't be dealt with in any other way. I'm glad I don't have neighbors like that. Mormons knocking on my door is as bad as it gets for me...
Thanks. I needed a little summing up. I think that is the road I will follow. I am the guy that does exactlly as you have mentioned. I am stealth like that. I am a firm believer of walk Softly but carry a big stick..

Old 04-03-2007, 12:13 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Another question is where do you find those web sites?