Cuba's thoughts on US making Biodiesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
bhiggins
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok lets step back and look at this

who eats field corn ............cows, hogs, chickens.........NOT HUMANS

we are not even driving up the cost of meat production because ethanol production has tons of by-products that are used for cattle feed. We are NOT starving the worlds population by making ethanol.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bhiggins
ok lets step back and look at this

who eats field corn ............cows, hogs, chickens.........NOT HUMANS
Now first off a disclaimer on my post, I am all for biofuels anyone that has read anything I post on the subject will know that, and I also feel the claims we are starving the world is full of it. ok now on to my response

who eats field corn? ummm everybody. do you drink any type of soda pop? yep you get the sweetener from corn, how about your cold breakfast cereal, once again field corn, corn starch is used in a lot of cooking, and for the poor that is being discussed things like tortillas are made with field corn not sweet corn. What you claim is only used by livestock is actually used in a lot of products, field corn is the main type of corn that is used, sweetcorn that you eat is not used in any commercial applications.

Now as to the rest, well we need to quit being the worlds hand out, I personally am tired of feeding every starving nation, I have a solution if you live in the desert quit having kids and learn to either irrigate or move to where the food is. I will say the US is probably responsible for a major portion of the poverty in the world, if we would quit sending them money, the dictators would have to start either supporting them or the populations would dwindle down to a point the land could support them instead of over populating the areas, those dictators have figured out that starving the populations is the fastest way to get money from the good ole USA and the sooner we quit the sooner that type of thing will end.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Swift193
Junior User
Now as to the rest, well we need to quit being the worlds hand out, I personally am tired of feeding every starving nation, I have a solution if you live in the desert quit having kids and learn to either irrigate or move to where the food is. I will say the US is probably responsible for a major portion of the poverty in the world, if we would quit sending them money, the dictators would have to start either supporting them or the populations would dwindle down to a point the land could support them instead of over populating the areas, those dictators have figured out that starving the populations is the fastest way to get money from the good ole USA and the sooner we quit the sooner that type of thing will end.[/QUOTE]

About the only thing that has been left out of this idea is the fact that we have people in this country that for no fault of their own, are hungry and going without. Before we do anything anywhere else in the world we should take care of our own.

Last edited by Swift193; 04-09-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Monsterbaby, I'll add to your list - face powder, medication carrier, anything with pollyzorbate 20-40-60. Reason I know this is my wife is alergic to any corn product.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

bigred, that is just a short list of products made from corn, I was just responding to the who eats field corn part. Did you know they are making plastic and other synthetic products out of corn that used to be oil based? Certain glues, pet food of coarse, some of the newer ice melt products, wallboard for you house, insulation, and one company is even making tires using corn based rubber.

Oh and we must not forget WHISKEY, yep field corn again.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:26 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Yes I knew that , thanks. There is about 1100 uses right now and growing. I am a member of Michigan Farm Bureau, corn growers association, etc. Just thought the general public should know there are more uses than ethanol and corn sweetners.

I've lived on the farm for 57 years and have been actively farming for 35 years.

Last edited by bigredtruckmi; 04-09-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
bassproguy07
Elder User
who is castro to think he has a right to speak on the worlds issues? If anyone knew where the ******* was, I'd go buy me a 50BMG rifle and shoot that mother effer and do the whole world a favor. I hate that communist piece of s#!t and he should die just like saddam! sorry for the rant, just dont like Castro!

Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM
V10_Cougar
Elder User
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Now first off a disclaimer on my post, I am all for biofuels anyone that has read anything I post on the subject will know that, and I also feel the claims we are starving the world is full of it. ok now on to my response

who eats field corn? ummm everybody. do you drink any type of soda pop? yep you get the sweetener from corn, how about your cold breakfast cereal, once again field corn, corn starch is used in a lot of cooking, and for the poor that is being discussed things like tortillas are made with field corn not sweet corn. What you claim is only used by livestock is actually used in a lot of products, field corn is the main type of corn that is used, sweetcorn that you eat is not used in any commercial applications.

Now as to the rest, well we need to quit being the worlds hand out, I personally am tired of feeding every starving nation, I have a solution if you live in the desert quit having kids and learn to either irrigate or move to where the food is. I will say the US is probably responsible for a major portion of the poverty in the world, if we would quit sending them money, the dictators would have to start either supporting them or the populations would dwindle down to a point the land could support them instead of over populating the areas, those dictators have figured out that starving the populations is the fastest way to get money from the good ole USA and the sooner we quit the sooner that type of thing will end.

yeah even Marijuana Oil can be used as a BioDiesel...what, it is a biodiesel.....
Hence...my bong has a carbuerator. hehehe lol!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Originally Posted by V10_Cougar
yeah even Marijuana Oil can be used as a BioDiesel...what, it is a biodiesel.....
Hence...my bong has a carbuerator. hehehe lol!!!!
Ok willie

Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
V10_Cougar
Elder User
Talking

Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Ok willie

psssst....monster, i tell them it's for my migrane

Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM
rrrrick
Senior User
Roger...
While not making lite of other countries ills, the fact that 1/3 of the world goes hungry is not because of the USA making biodiesel.
Seem most countries in Africa have left their people starve and the land turn to a barren wasteland fighting amongst themselves.
Some of those countries have let the infrastructure fall apart and have limited their people to subsistence farming with sticks for tools.
Imagine if you will if they irrigated south central Africa and turned those millions of acres into farmland the corn they could produce.
Here in America we have turned desert into farmland in the Southwest, turned river bottom into farmland along the Mississippi and hung farms off the sides of hills in the Northeast.

Heck... three Midwestern farmers with a 42 farmall, a big bale of wire and a 55 gallon drum of water could probably double the farming output of Chad south Africa

Old 05-22-2007, 12:39 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
it's the tude not the specifics that get me. Kids are kids. I am far better educated on the biodeisle now and thats really not the issue... it's the tude...

Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
I do not understand the obsession with corn as the feed stock for BioFuel.

Corn is not the most efficient crop to grow for that purpose. There are many alternatives that produce a much higher fuel yield per acre. Also let's not forget that many crops can be used to produce both BD and Ethanol, squeeze it first for the oil then process the press cake to make Ethanol. After all BD production uses the oil in the seed and Ethanol production depends on the starchs.

I do not advocate taking any acreage out of corn production I would eliminate production of non useful crops -- Tobacco being #1 -- and put soil bank acerage back into productive use. The Govt should take any monies saved by eliminating tobacco supplements and soil bank and use them to help pay the cost of conversion to efficient BioFuel crops (yes help the farmers make the switch).

Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just received a notice yesterday from Oregon Dep of Ag, that they are applying for a waver from the US Dep of Ag to use Oregon CRP to grow biofuels.

Way to go Oregon!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Hopefully that will catch on and spread.

Quick Reply: Cuba's thoughts on US making Biodiesel