Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

One thing I learned

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I know how that goes- almost everything I have needs work, but usually not mechanical. The Galaxie has a nice new engine, and ok tranny, just needs bodywork. Same with the truck. My pattern seems to be good running vehicles, that you could drive across the country and back, but that are as ugly as sin.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oneminizut
And here's mine. MARTYSTOWRIG's Rig is slow and bad on gas mileage and cant pull a quarter off the pavement. OHHHHHHH!!!!!
What happens when you drop the U joint and need a tow?

Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Placermike
What happens when you drop the U joint and need a tow?
Mike you talking to me?
I just tie wire it up and throw it in 4hi. drive real nice to the nearest Chevron station. They got everything.... Thats why its the extra mile!

Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Aint that the truth.
I have been an industrial maintenance tech and a CNC tech my whole life and my stuff USED to always need repair. Not that I am a partial desk jockey I seem to not have busted stuff anymore.

HUH
That's just because you haven't let me drive the Ford. Even with the passenger seatbelt I'm sure to give you arthritis if you don't have it yet!! Ans if you don't your luck causeI'm 31 and I'm all busted up!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:38 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink Let's Git er Done

Originally Posted by Ford_Six
I know how that goes- almost everything I have needs work, but usually not mechanical. The Galaxie has a nice new engine, and ok tranny, just needs bodywork. Same with the truck. My pattern seems to be good running vehicles, that you could drive across the country and back, but that are as ugly as sin.
Just a thought Jared. IF I make it down this summer it should only take a weekend to strip and prep the Galaxie at my shop in Shelton. Than run Her the half mile to the Paint booth a friend of mine lets me use. I would be glad to teach ya how to prep and shoot. What kind of shape is the body in. I haven't checked your gallery for pic's. But would like to see her.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:24 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by oneminizut
That's just because you haven't let me drive the Ford. Even with the passenger seatbelt I'm sure to give you arthritis if you don't have it yet!! Ans if you don't your luck causeI'm 31 and I'm all busted up!
SORRY DUDE, I WENT CROSS EYED TRYING TO READ YOUR POST.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm thinking he was Cross Eyed when he wrote it Marty. HAAAA

Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
in that case, at least he has an excuse.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:12 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
in that case, at least he has an excuse.
Shoot, Arctic knows me. Half of my posts are cross-eyed. Probably why I miss so many keys when I'm posting. BTW... I don't like either one of you!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Now between Martystowrig and Oneminizut, I'm willing to bet neither one is locked and loaded. One truck that has bicycle tires and no brakes, the other that doesn't run, probably sitting next to a scotchbroom on blocks. Oh Yeah, I feel safe and worried way, way back. I'll be more than happy to drag your rears through those hills.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:23 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Now between Martystowrig and Oneminizut, I'm willing to bet neither one is locked and loaded. One truck that has bicycle tires and no brakes, the other that doesn't run, probably sitting next to a scotchbroom on blocks. Oh Yeah, I feel safe and worried way, way back. I'll be more than happy to drag your rears through those hills.
Oh, dont worry bro. I'm always locked and loaded. But you can always come fix my truck. Just don't be dissapointed when I come out of my front door with three pistols and a 30.6 strapped to my back. Hey, lets be friends!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 02:00 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Now just honor thy neighbor, I'll be right next to ya. How much work we talking? Neighbor is an ex mechanic. The problem is his and my weekends are busy, just happens to be that time of year work starts picking up fast. Three pistols, not bad. I happen to have two, one for each hand and about 4 Mags for each. I do have the P-4 scoped for 400 yards. Bring em in close, I want to see the white of there eyes.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Now just honor thy neighbor, I'll be right next to ya. How much work we talking? Neighbor is an ex mechanic. The problem is his and my weekends are busy, just happens to be that time of year work starts picking up fast. Three pistols, not bad. I happen to have two, one for each hand and about 4 Mags for each. I do have the P-4 scoped for 400 yards. Bring em in close, I want to see the white of there eyes.
That's where I lack. My 30aught can't do much damage cause I'm not a very good shot at 1000 yards... but I'm getting better. I really dont know how much work were talking. I got a whole new ignition system coming in from underware (I mean Deleware) and then i gotta find TDC then 0-10 BTDC after that. I just want to get my baby running again. Im tired of picking up hay for the horses in a Honda!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 AM
kwob
Senior User
How in the hell are ya picking up hay in a Honda...one blade at a time? <GRIN>!

Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kwob
How in the hell are ya picking up hay in a Honda...one blade at a time? <GRIN>!
It's the funniest thing seeing that little car with two bales rammed in the trunk and still hanging halfway out going down the road at 50.

Quick Reply: One thing I learned