Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Senior User

tiredlr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Code P0299 Turbo Underboost

Have A Code P0299 Turbo Underboost. No Lights On, Just Some Issues Like Excessive Lag, Stumbles Out Of A Corner. Wondering If Someone Can Tell Me If This Is A Sensor Issue Or If The Turbo Has To Be Replaced. It's Still Under Warranty I Just Hate The Thot Of Removing The A/m Goodies,and Even Worse.....being With Out My S/d
Old 03-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
You would need to load the stock file from the SCT because they may want to 'flash' the truck while it's in. I wouldn't worry about the exhaust at all. The water/meth injection though, they could blame turbo issues on that whether valid or not.

My main concern would be confirming the service department where you take your truck has 6.0 Certified Technicians. If they don't then find one that does or you'll definitely regret it.

Do you have the stock intake on the truck?
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Senior User

i do have a cold air intake AFE progaurd7, but I'm still inpossesion of the stock unit, for such instances
Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Senior User

Yes i do agree about the certified techs. I had it to 2 different dealerships when my head gaskets went. i finally bit the bullet and put in the ARP headstuds and Hypermax gaskets, since i'm sure my mods were partially responsible.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Postmaster

BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.
well i can tell you it is a sensor issue or that the turbo needs replacing, and probably still be wrong. cetain pids will need to be watched on a test drive to pinpoint the issue. it could even be a ypipe issue or a boost leak. good luck getting it fixed.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Elder User

CanadaGuy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredlr
Have A Code P0299 Turbo Underboost. No Lights On, Just Some Issues Like Excessive Lag, Stumbles Out Of A Corner. Wondering If Someone Can Tell Me If This Is A Sensor Issue Or If The Turbo Has To Be Replaced. It's Still Under Warranty I Just Hate The Thot Of Removing The A/m Goodies,and Even Worse.....being With Out My S/d
Why remove the A/m Goodies?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Road Runnin' Copper W

Lonewolftx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Unhappy Me too . . .

I got the same code yesterday. Showed up when I changed tune back to stock. No boost, sluggish, poor shifting, etc. Like the turbo isn't really working.

Going in on Monday.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
'06 F250 PSD CC SB LKR Fx4 20" Whls Dk Copper
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=130356&.jpghttp://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=136189&.jpg
Old 03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaGuy
Why remove the A/m Goodies?
i DONT THINK THE SERVICE ADVISOR WOULD BE AMUSED WHEN HE SAW MY COLD AIR INTAKE,AND THE WATER LINE RUNNING INTO THE BOOST TUBE. *WINK*
Old 03-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior User

[quote=BowTieHatr]well i can tell you it is a sensor issue or that the turbo needs replacing, and probably still be wrong. cetain pids will need to be watched on a test drive to pinpoint the issue. it could even be a ypipe issue or a boost leak. good luck getting it fixed.[/QUOTE

I DID CLEAR THE KAM AND RAN THE TURBO THRU THE VGT RELEARNING SYSTEM, AND IT DID SEEM TO CHANGE THE WAY THE TRUCK RAN FOR A SHORT TIME. DONT KNOW IF THAT MIGHT HELP NARROW IT DOWN?
Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Elder User

CanadaGuy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredlr
i DONT THINK THE SERVICE ADVISOR WOULD BE AMUSED WHEN HE SAW MY COLD AIR INTAKE,AND THE WATER LINE RUNNING INTO THE BOOST TUBE. *WINK*
Why not?? I find it quite amusing when I'm losing my shirt doing a warranty headgasket job caused by mods...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaGuy
Why not?? I find it quite amusing when I'm losing my shirt doing a warranty headgasket job caused by mods...
Are you equally amused when you lose your shirt doing the legitimate warranty work on these often problematic engines. I'm not amused when Ford denies a warranty claim, blaiming turbo, injector, head gasket failures on after market mods either. But all that aside, I for 1 did have my headstuds, and headgaskets replaced outa pocket. OUCH!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Postmaster

Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was kind of wondering how he was losing money by doing the work and getting paid by Ford. I can see how Ford is losing money but not the service department.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Road Runnin' Copper W

Lonewolftx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile Repaired . . .

Well I had mine in for this yesterday and they replaced the turbo and turbo oil drain tube. It had 19,241 miles on it.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
'06 F250 PSD CC SB LKR Fx4 20" Whls Dk Copper
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=130356&.jpghttp://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=136189&.jpg
Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker
I was kind of wondering how he was losing money by doing the work and getting paid by Ford. I can see how Ford is losing money but not the service department.
The hourly time a mfg. pays a tech to do warranty work is much less than if they were actually selling the job, or (flat rate time). I think FORD pays somewhere around 13 hours on a head gasket job, and it takes more like 18 to 20
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 PM
New User

GR8TWHITE is starting off with a positive reputation.
TIREDLR I had this same code come up on my truck, I took off the edge progammer and placed everything to stock and reset, drove truck for a few miles, no check engine light yet, But I did notice the Egr test on my OBD11 tool was always on. Any updates on what fixed yours? Any info would be grateful.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2004, 2006, 60, code, codes, engine, f250, ford, p0299, po0299, powerstroke, problems, turbo, underboost, underboostford