6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Rowdy Bites a sour Bullet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 2,087 Posts
rowdy you just keep speaking in circles from what I see. The flames were the regen cycle and Ford has a new calibration to address the issue. To educate ones self is to understand.

The 6.4L is a good engine to meet current EPA standards, if you lift the hood and get scared then don't look.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Strut61
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive me if I don't look forward to anymore of your long winded opinions. IMHO they are mere thoughts and conjecture based on Zero experience and Zero facts, regardless of the well wishes for Ford. Most can accept even the worse of opinions if they are indeed based on factual reports of factual circumstances.

As far as the statements on nationality and world envolvement, or lack of...There is entirely no room for any such incoherent statements on ones nationality, race or religion. Enough said. It's exactly that kind of attitude that has us all in this mess to begin with!

Moderator let your conscience be your guide on this one

Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowdyone
Guys,I am not on the witch hunt you think
No worry tn mac will do that for ya

Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
ADMIN
WHEN did talking about what you have heard and seen become a witch hunt, No one really knows if the 6.4 will be a good engine or not. ITS to new hopefully ford will work out whatever problems they have and they will sell many and get ther market share back. I would think as a admin here on the board you might rise above taking shots at someone who you disagree with. OR maybe you would perfer I didnt post any more if thats the case just say so no problem.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
MobeyDick
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tn mac
KW
you may be right, its just hard for me to trust ford after my 6.0 expierences, and I am not in any way saying ford should not do the recall,cause if one person is injured then it was to many. It is just hard to believe 3 trucks could stop there big push on the new sd, cause fords life depends on this engine if it fails it will be all over, its there bread and butter hugh profit margins on it. AS far as the getting someone injured many here will remember the wiring problems with the 6.0 and the danger it caused they did nothing and the accelerator problems they did nothing, hopefully they learned from there mistakes,I will have to take the stance of show me,by watching as they deal with other people before giving them any more bussiness. ALL I know is if I did my customers wrong the way ford did us early 6.0 owners I would be out of buisness quick.
If you think Ford did you wrong that's your right. The only reason GM is not completey Bankrupt over their 93-2000 6.5TD is because they didn't sell 1/10 the number of diesels as Ford did during that time period. If you want the whole story with those diesels I will be glad to tell you. I was a GM man before my 94 6.5TD. I never had warranty work done on any of the new GM trucks I owned until the 94 6.5TD. I've never seen a truck in the shop so much as that one. Needless to say after the ewarranty ran out I took it to the same dealer and for $1,627.00 they fixed it. i never had a problem with it again. Plain and simple fact is GM corp. never even tried to fix it. I was never rembursed as I should have been. I own 5 Fords now and have a Shelby GT500 on order. 1/4 of a million dollars GM could have made if they would have even tried to fix my truck.

BTW::The only people I know of personally that have had trouble with their 6.0s have had power adders added to their trucks. Noone that I know of has had a problem with a stock 6.0 and I know about 30 That includes 6 in my family!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:39 AM
rimshoes
Senior User
re

I have always told this forum I would NEVER own a dodge truck.
If any of you have EVER towed with one you know what I am
speaking of. The super duty was designed for one purpose and
that is to tow things. The engine may be a problem, but frankly
I have three 05 supers and NOT one have caused me problems.
I had a 03 and never had a problem with it either. Maybe I
am just lucky. I really hope Ford got thier slide rule greased
on the new 6.4. This could mean life or death. The Toyota
trucks are just waiting for Ford to stub their toe again.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
I'm not in the market for one of these new diesels, nor do I have any inclination to purchase one. However, I'm looking forward to see how these monsters operate 5-10 years down the road. In my opinon thats what sells these newer models. It's the opinons and reviews of those older models that people base their upcoming purchases on.

Everything has problems when starting out. Some products have more problems than others but they are eventually corrected. Just look at the struggles Deere has gone through with their lastest models. They have had some serious problems that took some time to figure out (and still figuring). I've witnesed several now that make the problems with the 6.0 look like peanuts. Luckily, like Ford, they have a good name and usually an excellent service department. I'm sure the owners of these new trucks will be happy with them.

Rimshoes is right about Toyota. Everytime your on the road you see more and more of this foreign trucks. I know of several people that say their next truck will be one. I just shake my head...

Old 03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
MOBEY
FORD has bought back thousands of 6.0 what is the real number only they know but I know of one lawn company in memphis TN that had all 6 of there 2003 f350 dually 6.0 bought back and several others that were stock and the dealers were unable to fix them so they were bought back.Thats not to say there are not good ones I am sure many have been very happy. The facts are there the 6.0 is a dud, I could care less about the chebies,there junk. the piont is it is not wether they did me wrong or not cause they did, my truck has had every sensor replaced some twice and still wont get 13 mpg on the hwy. THAT comes out of my bottom line the more spent on fuel the less in wallet, but mine is for work many here bought for pleasure I can see it wouldnt bother someone who uses theres for pleasure. but for those of that use there trucks for there work got to have dependabilty.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
MobeyDick
Posting Guru
6 out of 6 bought back. That doesn’t sound like the trucks or Fords Fault. It's either a made up number or someone is just plain abusing the trucks and Ford!! I know 7 people that have had problems with their 6.0 and every one of them will tell you it was because of a Programmer!! One of those people had problems with 3 trucks (He has enough money not to care about the warranty and does what he likes) but he will be the first to tell you it wasn't the 6.0 it was the programmer. He never asked Ford to fix them he paid for them himself. If you leave the dang thing stock the chances of problems goes down dramatically!!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
mobey I would like to agree with you but it is just not true there are many bad 6.0 trucks mine is one of them bone stock, the 6 trucks were lawn spray trucks, injectors , wiring harness, sensors, turbos, they just stayed in the shop so much ford bought them back. they had to be pulled in many times, all bone stock. I have seen as many as 3 trucks in the back lot at my dealer with ford buy back wrote the window with the white paint stick, at the same time on several visits to the shop. you can believe what you want but the 6.0 is a problem child, and everyone knows it there not all bad its just a shame ford didnt step up to the plate and take care of there customers. If they had they wouldnt be in the shape there in, number 4 behind even dodge.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Dont blame Ford for the 6.0...Blame International for that, they built them and ended up screwing Ford in the long run.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
flyingphish
New User
i have nothing to say.
<o></o>

Last edited by flyingphish; 03-29-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i bought my 6.0 used and i think all the problems had been fixed when i got it, its been a very solid truck for me in the 2 years i've got on it

Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 AM
MobeyDick
Posting Guru
If they were that bad at least Ford was doing something about it!! GM Proved to they Would Not have!!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:20 AM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
"If you think Ford did you wrong that's your right. The only reason GM is not completey Bankrupt over their 93-2000 6.5TD is because they didn't sell 1/10 the number of diesels as Ford did during that time period. If you want the whole story with those diesels I will be glad to tell you. I was a GM man before my 94 6.5TD. I never had warranty work done on any of the new GM trucks I owned until the 94 6.5TD. I've never seen a truck in the shop so much as that one. Needless to say after the ewarranty ran out I took it to the same dealer and for $1,627.00 they fixed it. i never had a problem with it again. Plain and simple fact is GM corp. never even tried to fix it. I was never rembursed as I should have been. I own 5 Fords now and have a Shelby GT500 on order. 1/4 of a million dollars GM could have made if they would have even tried to fix my truck. "

my dad has had nothing but problems out of his 99 suburban 6.5 3 transmissions in 112k with not on mod and a old man behind the wheel and his woman beside him.... lol never pulled plowed or 4wheeled with it that is just recockulous. nope dont listen to your son...nope dont go for a ford....see what you get....hunk of crap. i kick that heap everytime i see it. everytime he calls chances are something else is wrong with it

and international walks away unskeathed (not sure how to spell it but thats the word for it) and ford gets screwed. ford depended on intl to make a decent motor as opposed to building their own or going with cat. intl dicked it all up. and ford eats the bullet. people read news about ford engine recalls. they dont know that it isnt fords fault and now ford is gonna lose out BIGTIME on this whole deal. ill stick to a 7.3 regardless of the miles until ford puts caterpillar incharge of building the motors for the super duties. then ill consider it...

Last edited by immastrokinnow; 03-30-2007 at 03:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Rowdy Bites a sour Bullet!!!