Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Passport or Enhanced License for a Trip to Canada

What do you think about the neccessity of a special license or passport to take a trip up north?

Initially it was reported that a passport was needed by Jan 07. Tonight the news stated that the passport requirement would not go in effect until 2009, and our Gov signed a bill that would create an 'Enhanced Licence' at a cost of $40, that would allow us to cross the border. ...BC is working on a similiar thing.

Is this tax or fact? Post your knowledge and/or thoughts.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Senior User

kwob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think that a passport is required now for travel to/from Canada if by air or sea. I think that part of the new requirements were implemented this past Jan. I think it's a pretty good idea since the new enhanced license is gonna be cheaper than a passport. From my understanding it will only work for travel between BC and Washington State.
"Rowe's Rule: the odds are five to six that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train."
Old 03-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Posting Guru

oneminizut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
KGI ONETIME
Or you could be a felon like me and have to cross a darn river!! lol! Not even worth it! But that doesn't help. I was just being a smart as*
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. ~ Martha Washington
Old 03-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Senior User

kwob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah that's messed up. A buddy of mine has the same problem...all over a DUI he got nearly 20 years ago.
"Rowe's Rule: the odds are five to six that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train."
Old 03-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Posting Guru

KGI ONETIME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwob
I think that a passport is required now for travel to/from Canada if by air or sea. I think that part of the new requirements were implemented this past Jan. I think it's a pretty good idea since the new enhanced license is gonna be cheaper than a passport. From my understanding it will only work for travel between BC and Washington State.
I didn't realize that they did that but it's probably a good thing. They're so worried about Mexicans that want to come in and work they're forgetting about the jihad coming across the Canadian border.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. ~ Martha Washington
Old 03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Perhaps we should just start a Ford 'Border Brigade'.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 03-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Doesn't have a whole lot of effect on me, I don't travel that way very often. Might be an issue when I go back east in a few years to visit, I like to go north to avoid Chicago and that whole mess.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Posting Guru

KGI ONETIME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placermike
Perhaps we should just start a Ford 'Border Brigade'.
Can I hide in someone's truck?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Postmaster

Harte3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Harte3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just be glad you are not a truck driver. FASS card, TWICK card...redundant background checks for both...mucho bucks...and the government is trying to pull a fast one on letting Mexican trucks full access to the states without meeting the mandated requirements. Go figure.
1983 F150 300 I6, Comp Cam 260h and lifter kit, Port/Polished head, Offy DP Manifold, Holley 4160/1848-1 465 cfm, EFI Exhaust manifolds, Walker Y Pipe to 3-Way Cat, generic Turbo Muffler, Recurved DSII, Mallory HyFire 6a & ACCEL Super Stock Coil, Taylor Spiro Pro Wires, EFI plugs.
"It'll put out what ever it puts out." fordman75
Old 03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Posting Guru

KGI ONETIME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harte3
Just be glad you are not a truck driver. FASS card, TWICK card...redundant background checks for both...mucho bucks...and the government is trying to pull a fast one on letting Mexican trucks full access to the states without meeting the mandated requirements. Go figure.
Gosh darnit, I'm no better than an illegal immigrant! Oh well, I can smoke pot on the streets here. (not that I smoke pot(paranoi)).
Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Senior User

redhawkssh44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwob
Yes, the passport requirement went ito effect in Jan for air and sea travel out of the United States. This includes Mexico and the southern island destinations that are not a U.S. possession. Basically, if you are flying or floating into a foreign country you need a passport even if the stop is in between two U.S. destinations.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Just jump the Alaska Ferry out of Bellingham and bypass Canada to Ketchikan. Although I do luv the drive up the Alcan.
Maybe Preppypyro can cause a distraction at the border and ya could get across while they are chasing the Powder Monkey. HAAAA I want video's.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter