Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Senior User

fordmanss12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
buying new or slightly used 07

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new or slightly used Expedition EL LTD. Why slightly used? I'm from Canada and I plan on importing it. I'm not sure if the dealers will sell me new, if they will, then I'll buy new. I know quite a few people who have imported and are happy with the savings. My question is, looking on a site like cars dot com is there a 'cheaper' state to be buying from. ie: will I do better buying in Texas rather than Cali or NY? If anyone can answer the new vs/ slightly used that would be wonderful. A new Expedition EL LTD. in Canada is $73K (ouch) where as if I buy new from the US I'm looking at $40K US or approx $50K CAD. Thanks for your help!

David
Old 03-24-2007, 03:16 PM
New User

mcmatson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Based on my shopping in the Southeast, Georgia (Atlanta area in particular) seemed to be the best priced. The EL version was pretty heavily dumped on dealer lots, and several salespeople told me they have not sold as well as desired. Pricing remains a little steep, but it might come down a little later in the year. Being from NC, the total purchase cost was lower in NC as a resident than buying in Georgia and transferring title to NC, so I bought here. But straight sticker price and dealer negotiations led me to believe Atlanta would have been cheaper on the sticker.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Junior User

SixPak is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've talked with people who have bought vehicles, including motorcycles, out of Georgia and gotten really good deals. better than they could have gotten here in Texas, anyways. I prefer to shop closer to home, personally.

I bought my '07 EL EXP w/EB package, less the Nav for $41k. This was in Dec '06. At that time dealers here were offering $5k off MSRP, plus I had an add for $1k more from the MFR and haggled a little bit to get the vehicle for around $10k off MSRP.

Right now I'm seeing dealers offering $7500 off MSRP on EXPY's.

(all $'s are in US $'s)

good luck, and keep in mind if you are financing your purchase that banks almost always charge more interest on a used vehicle over a new one, so you might actually have a lower monthly payment with a new one, in this instance.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Senior User

thanks for the feedback. I've been looking around and it looks like I'll have to buy slightly used - that is, something that has already been registered in a state. On cars dot com I found an 07 with 6K miles on it, Expedition EL LTD 4x4 with all the options and they were asking 42900. It's in KY. They claim they've already dropped the price from 49900 and won't move a penny more. I really don't know if this is a good deal or not compared to the prices for new ones. I also found another one in UT that has all the options I need, Expedition EL LTD 4x4 with only 3K miles on it for 44900. I thought I may be able to get them to move on the price, but when I did a carfax on it it showed it was originally sold in CA, personally registered, and three months later sold at a Pacific Auto Auction and listed as a 'fleet vehicle'. My guess is the UT dealership bought it from the auction. It all sounds a bit fishy to me. Any advice guys? thanks. oh btw I will be buying it cash so no financing.

thx.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Senior User

as a followup thought, I don't get it - I price out a new one on ford.com and it comes out to 41K, so why are the used ones 4-8K higher than this??
Old 03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Junior User

SixPak is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went to ford.com to see what you were talking about and it appears to me you were quoted a price for a 2006.

In my opinion if you can get an '07 EL EXPY 4X4 for for 42,900, with those miles it's a fair deal. I haven't even seen one personally, and I live in the land of trucks and SUV's. There wasn't even one on the lot when I bought mine. It seems like folks on here that have them have been ordering them or having them built.

however, money talks and it never hurts to haggle.

let us know how it goes for you. good luck with your hunt.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Senior User

thx for the reply. I built it again on ford.com and confirmed this is a quote for an 07, not 06. I'll call dealers today and get some fax quotes on new. If they are substantially higher then I'll have to look at used with low miles, I just wish there was some wiggle room in the price. The 42900 told me he wouldn't drop it even a penny for me.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Junior User

rbarbot2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Price it out on CARSDIRECT.COM. I just bought a limited last week and saved around 6k off the MSRP sticker price. It's a simple purchase if you have seen the vehicles and know what you are looking for. They will tell you which local dealer they will send your truck to or they will deliver it to your driveway, like they did mine. Very satisfied.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator