2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my remote start installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 AM
double06
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got my remote start installed!!

I love it! Only $301 installed! They gave me a new remote with extended range and everything. Any questions about it just ask.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:16 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What Kind?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 AM
double06
Junior User
Valet model 561R. With the options I chose, I lose having the lights come on when I unlock the door. Now, when I hit unlock, it unlocks all the doors and whenever I turn the vehicle off all the doors automatically unlock.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 AM
FXForistell
Senior User
Originally Posted by double06
I lose having the lights come on when I unlock the door.
Hmm? What? You lose having the headlights come on? Your remote starter lets you configure that option?

Old 03-20-2007, 11:33 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

I have the Viper 791 on my Explorer and love it. It worked pretty good over winter - even though I had to have it adjusted because it was not turning over long enough to start. Had that adjusted and have not had a problem since.

Even though the remote does seem to like batteries...

Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a directed electronics in my last Bronco, once it was set up it never had a problem. The range was pathetic, though the remote could control four different vehicles. I like the Viper systems, but I’m not sure I want to put that much into a truck I might sell if a diesel F-150 shows up in a few years. I’ve been looking at the ford systems, wonder how well they work.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:54 PM
double06
Junior User
Originally Posted by FXForistell
Hmm? What? You lose having the headlights come on? Your remote starter lets you configure that option?

Sorry, I was a little unclear. You know with the factory remote when you push the unlock button one time the drivers door unlocks and the inside and outside lights come on and stay for a while. When you push it twice, it unlocks all the doors. I could have keep the factory remote and wire the remote starter to start the truck after pushing lock three times. This would have only cost me about 250 installed I think. I told them that I wanted the increased range so they gave me another remote. This remote whenever I hit unlock once, it unlocks all the doors but the lights don't come on. I can live without that. Oh, they told me that they could wire it so that the dome lights would come on like the factory remote but of coures it would cost an extra 20 or 30 bucks something like that. I'm happy with the way everything is funtioning now. I can sit in my office which is a bricked in building with concrete walls and start my truck. By the way, my factory remote still works fine and if I wanted to be a dork I could carry both remotes but..... yeah, I'm fine with one.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
FXForistell
Senior User
Originally Posted by double06
This remote whenever I hit unlock once, it unlocks all the doors but the lights don't come on. I can live without that.
Shoot, that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, only I don't want to shell out for a remote starter to accomplish it. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Is there an antenna for the remote starter? If so, where does the antenna wire go? Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-06-2007, 06:39 PM
dcsmith
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

I bought my truck used a few months ago. I accidetally started it with the remote start. The remote start I didn't know I had. It freaked me out when it started. And I didn't know what I did to start it. I have figured out how it works now of course. I still don't know where it is (the mechinism). It works with the factory key fob. It doesn't have great range, but I like it. Hell, it was like a bonus!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 AM
TOMHONE
Senior User
And what is the distance on your remote start system? Some are now up to 1 mile and are very reliable. Expensive but reliable.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 PM
dcsmith
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If you are asking me, I'd say only about 60-75 feet. I almost have to walk outside to crank the thing. I do like, however, when the dog rides to the store with me and it's a little to hot I crank the truck with the air on for her. You have to put the key in before you push the brake pedal to engage the transmission and the door is locked. Makes me feel good about nobody driving off with it.

Last edited by dcsmith; 05-07-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Left off something
Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 PM
black04lariat
Elder User

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by double06

This remote whenever I hit unlock once, it unlocks all the doors but the lights don't come on. I can live without that.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shoot, that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, only I don't want to shell out for a remote starter to accomplish it. Thanks for the reply.
All you need to do for that is a simple keyless system or alarm system. You dont need to get the remote start to do it. All you need to have them do is set the alarm to "double pulse" on unlock...meaning that when you hit the unlock button one time it sends out two pulses to do the same thing as hitting unlock twice. Very simple to do. As for domelight supervision lighting...it is only another wire or 2 to hook up also, very easy too.

I have the 1 mile range Python 990 on mine and love it. It works great and dont have any problems. Installation isnt too bad if you have some electical skills and a couple hours to do it.