Notices

Pro Comp Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM
skirk55
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Pro Comp Shocks

I put a Lift Kit and Pro Comp SC3000 shocks on my 2005 F350 4x4 Diesel to get my 35" tires on the truck. I wanted to wait until my warranty was over with Ford and then I was going to lift my truck 6" and put 38" tires on it. But 4 Wheel Parts sold me the wrong shocks and they did not last 5000 miles. I called and they were sarcastic and insulting to me. I e-mailed Pro Comp and they told me they are the wrong shocks for a truck with that much weight. I called 4 wheel parts and told them that the tech told me that they have to replace the shocks with SC9000 and I would pay the difference. 4 wheel parts will not talk to me and now the Pro Comp people will not stand behind there product! This has me so disgusted in after market add-ons that I was going to purchase a lift kit, shocks tires and rims but not after the fact that Pro Comp did not stand behind there warranty plus they sold me the wrong shocks and the company told me they don't belong on that truck. I will not lift my truck now because of the way a large company like Pro Comp screwed me. Now I don't trust any company and my dreams of an F350 lifted is gone due to Pro Comp. I have lost faith in any company now.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
T-B_MN
Senior User
sorry to hear that, it makes me question whether to get that pro comp lift kit i was planning on getting this week

Old 03-18-2007, 07:13 PM
ericsmith32
Elder User
I understand how you feel. I was going to mod out my 2000 f150 till I got screwed over by a particular site sponsor. Since then I haven't did much modding only the small stuff.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
skirk55
Elder User
I got screwed for about $125.00 on shocks there is no way I would spend that muck for a lift kit with Pro Comp the company will not stand behind there product!

Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
WinterRoad
Senior User
Originally Posted by skirk55
I put a Lift Kit and Pro Comp SC3000 shocks on my 2005 F350 4x4 Diesel to get my 35" tires on the truck. I wanted to wait until my warranty was over with Ford and then I was going to lift my truck 6" and put 38" tires on it. But 4 Wheel Parts sold me the wrong shocks and they did not last 5000 miles. I called and they were sarcastic and insulting to me. I e-mailed Pro Comp and they told me they are the wrong shocks for a truck with that much weight. I called 4 wheel parts and told them that the tech told me that they have to replace the shocks with SC9000 and I would pay the difference. 4 wheel parts will not talk to me and now the Pro Comp people will not stand behind there product! This has me so disgusted in after market add-ons that I was going to purchase a lift kit, shocks tires and rims but not after the fact that Pro Comp did not stand behind there warranty plus they sold me the wrong shocks and the company told me they don't belong on that truck. I will not lift my truck now because of the way a large company like Pro Comp screwed me. Now I don't trust any company and my dreams of an F350 lifted is gone due to Pro Comp. I have lost faith in any company now.
I'm not sure if I am reading your post correctly. You did or didn't put a lift on your truck? And it was purchased from where... 4 wheel parts or through Pro Comp? If 4 wheel sold you the wrong parts then your issue should be with them, shouldn't it? I'm a bit confused with your problem.

Customer service is a real problem in today's world. Most companies do not invest into the correct training for their front line staff. However, I have been on the other side of the fence in the past with my business and witnessed some customers that were so abrasive that you wanted to strangle them... never mind help them! Sometimes things get escalated that don't need to be. I would recommend calling back, being POLITE but FIRM, and if the individual on the line cannot help you then ask to speak with the shift supervisor or manager. Of course sometimes customers simply request the wrong product. Like I said, I'm not clear regarding your post.

I have dealt with Pro Comp several times in the past for suspension, shocks, and tires and loved the company. Customer service was top notch. I even recieved assistance with some installation trouble after hours on personal time from one of their techs! Not too many companies have guys that will tell you their home phone number and tell you to call if the advice doesn't work or you have any more issues. I've had different bushings sent out free of charge through no fault of their own. I would have to say from all the companies I've dealt with Pro Comp is one of the BEST. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good balance of quality and cost. I'm sorry your experience was not as satisfying as all of mine have been.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:04 PM
skirk55
Elder User
I put a leveling kit on it and 35" tires. I purchased them through 4 Wheel Parts also Pro Comp owns 4 Wheel Parts. I have been e mailing Pro Comp and the person I talked to is James Schmidt and he agreed that 4 Wheel Parts sold me the wrong shocks the SC 3000 are too light for my truck and they should have sold me SC 9000 shocks. I told them I would pay the difference to step up from the SC 3000 shocks to SC 9000 shocks. 4 Wheel Parts will not help me out even when they sold me the wrong shocks. So much for the lifetime warranty! Pro Comp has lost a customer and I told Pro Comp I was going to put a 6" lift kit and 38" tires and rims when the Ford Warranty ran out next Spring. That will never happen now! If they cant make my shock right why would I trust them with a lift kit and tires later?

Old 03-20-2007, 04:10 PM
skirk55
Elder User
4 Wheel Parts told me Monday that someone will call me back ASAP and straighten out the shock problem I talked to Kevin at extension 5120. It is Tuesday and no call. I just want people to be careful of 4 Wheel Parts they do not stand behind there products!This has me so disgusted that I will not add a lift kit to my truck now! I have lost interest.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
I have to agree with Winterroad on this one. Clearly it is the retailer who your beef should be with. Procomp designed the shock for a specific application with instructions and purpose and all parties agree that this shock was the incorrect application. How is this a defect in manufacturing? If I sold a customer a 4 cyl Ranger to pull a 10,000lb trailer, that would not be Ford's problem it would be ours to correct. I think a polite but firm email to management at 4 Wheel Parts cc'd to Procomp senior management will resolve your problem.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,736 Likes on 1,329 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck with Pro-Comp and 4WP. However...I wouldnt let that stop you from looking to other quality manufacturers. Fabtech, Skyjacker, and many others.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM
skirk55
Elder User
I have e mailed Pro Comp about 5 times now and have received three e mails back and two phone calls and I still can't get the correct shocks! I have called 4 Wheel Parts and I have never talked to such sarcastic kids on the phone. They have no customer apparition. The shocks are too light and Pro Comp told me to have 4 wheel parts swap them out. I told 4 wheel parts I will pay the difference. I did not buy cheap shocks and wanted them to do the job of a bigger shock. I was told they would do the job for me by 4 wheel parts. I called 4 wheel parts when I started to have problems with the front shocks and they gave me a run around and will not do anything even the warranty they will not stand behind them. Then after getting no ware with 4 wheel parts I went to Pro Comp Mfg. and I have been talking to a Tech there but I still have bad front shocks. This has been about one month and I still can't get any results that is what has me disgusted if I was to have problems with a lift kit that I installed they would not stand behind the lift kit and I can't even get any help from the manufacture.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
So it sounds like Procomp is willing to send the correct shocks to the retailer take back the old ones and all the retailer has to do is collect the difference in value from you? Wow it sounds like a no brainer and they should just take care of you.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
skirk55
Elder User
No They told me it was in the mail and send the SC 3000 shocks back! I waited for a week and I never received them. I called and they said I waited too long to up grade my shocks to SC 9000 after James Schmidt from Pro Comp told 4 Wheel Parts to switch them out. I called and when the shocks never came 4 wheel parts person on the phone was a very sarcastic person and did not understand what was going on. I called Kevin extension 5120 @ 4 Wheel Parts and he told me someone will call me Right back and I never got that call. They sold me the wrong shocks that failed and 4 wheel parts will not stand behind there warranty and Pro Comp had done nothing in a month of calling and e mails. I think Pro Comp and 4 wheel parts stinks! All I want is the correct shocks for my truck and I will have to pay two times to has the correct shocks to be put on. I will never put a lift kit on my truck and I was going to purchase 38" tires and rims from Pro Comp when my factory warranty ran out. Forget that I will save that $4500.00 due to my lack of interest. I don't trust any after market product now! Enough is enough not it is not fun anymore. In fact I am thinking of getting rid of my 2005 F350 Diesel that I wanted to make it into a bad $%#Ford. Pro Comp killed that!

Old 03-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
I will forward this link to a contact at Procomp I met at SEMA. Hopefully they can help.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
skirk55
Elder User
Thank You for the help! I last talked to a James Schmitt but no help. This has me more disgusted that my dreams of a lifted Ford Truck. I am over fifty years old and I have worked hard all of my life and the last thing I wanted to do was put big tires on my truck and have it lifted. I feel that Pro Comp had destroyed any type of lift kit now. The shocks were cheap $100.00 that has lost trust in Pro Comp and 4 wheel Parts. They should have told me the truth and honored there life time warranty. I do not trust Pro Comp or 4 Wheel Parts now!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
Hey Skirk I just followed up with a phone call to Heather at Pro Comp and she tells me they have been in touch with you and they have sent out a set of upgraded MX6 shocks for you. I knew this wasn't indicitive of my experience with Pro Comp, they have been awesome to deal with in my experience. Wait till you see those MX6 shocks! I was so impressed I ordered my first 6" kit for the 08 Superduty after I got off the horn with Heather, and that was before I found out that Pro comp is the first kit out for the 08 SD. The MX6 shocks are a perfect fit for my FX6 package. Let me know when you get em

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Shocks