Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Elder User

grease monkey is starting off with a positive reputation.
You guys gonna kill me

Im going to the dark side im buying a 1994 Chevy Silverado on Monday. I was roaming around on my lunch break and found the Chevy in the local Wally world parking lot.

The truck has only 44,300 miles on the clock and is one owner. Its a 4x4 extended cab pick-up. Im buying it from a little old lady that it used to be her husbands and it was left in the garage after he passed on.

She was asking $8700 but I talked it down to $7900. Its due for tires, ps lines and valve cover gaskets but it is really in excellent shape.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Elder User

TwelveAlpha is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hold out yer hand . . .
*whack*
bad enough ya did it
worse you admitted it . . . here
punishment over
Old 03-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Senior User

Lizard XJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a 96 GMC, and I liked it but I like my super duty much better, the chevy's have a few issues, intake gaskets, 4L60E, funky thermo axle engaging. all in all I am glad to of gotten rid of my GMC, for my ford, good luck on your 94
Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 PM

Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
This is bad.....
98 Ranger XLT S/cab
65/67 Mustang Fastbacks
Old 03-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Posting Guru

FordTrucksKickGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like a great deal. Buy it then sell it for a profit!
Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 AM
Elder User

Im keeping it because I can pay it off quickly and I need something bigger to accomidate our new family.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Hey, is this thing blue? if it is, a buddy of mine tried to buy it from them. He offered them $8300, and they wouldn't take it. I had to call him and give him a hard time, when I told him what you were able to get them down to!!

Otherwise, good luck with the chebby. I'm betting you'll be back!!!LOL!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Posting Guru

1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have a 96 3/4 ton pickup. Haven't had too many issues with it. Owned it for 3 1/2 years. If fact this weekend I put 1,000 miles on the clock. Ran over to the twin cities to pick up a commercial mower.

Sounds like you did alright.

By the by I am a Ford person... Wish I had a 97 power stoke or something along those lines.
1997 Expedition, 4x4, 5.4 230,000 miles
Several others who have come and gone.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Hey, is this thing blue? if it is, a buddy of mine tried to buy it from them. He offered them $8300, and they wouldn't take it. I had to call him and give him a hard time, when I told him what you were able to get them down to!!

Otherwise, good luck with the chebby. I'm betting you'll be back!!!LOL!

Yeah its blue and silver. I bet its the same truck because they told me they turned down a offer for $8,300.
I think it had alot of sentimental value to her and she wanted it to go to some one who took care of it. Im a professional Automotive Tech so I think that kind of swayed her plus she liked my wife.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Yeah, my friend didn't really hit it off with them! I've been harrassing him about this since yesterday!! I hope it works out for you, from what he said, it's a really nice truck.
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery

Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
You gotta do what you gotta do.... good luck with it.

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Elder User

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5334405

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5334404

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5334403

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5334402

Here is some recent pics of the Chevy after a coat of wax.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

Nice looking truck.......for a chevy, that is !! I'm going to harass my buddy some more for not buying that, it looks like you got a nice rig for a great price!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter