Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Massive Pet Food Recall - 80+ Brands

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:50 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Massive Pet Food Recall - 80+ Brands

Vomiting and death. The recall is for the "cuts and gravy" style food of chunks of meat in gravy, sold in cans and small foil pouches from Dec. 3 to March 6. It is NOT for the dry foods.

List of recalled Dog and Cat Petfoods:
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/

Originally Posted by AP
Menu Foods, the Ontario-based company that produced the pet food, said Saturday it was recalling Dog food sold under 46 brands and Cat food sold under 37 brands including Iams, Nutro and Eukanuba. The food was distributed throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico by major retailers across North America.

An unknown number of cats and dogs had suffered kidney failure and about 10 died after eating the affected pet food, the company said.

Menu Foods' chief executive and president Paul Henderson told the Associated Press on Friday that the company was still trying to figure out what happened.

He said that the company had received a number of owner complaints that dogs and cats were vomiting and suffering kidney failure after eating its products.

The recall covers the company's "cuts and gravy" style food, which consists of chunks of meat in gravy, sold in cans and small foil pouches from Dec. 3 to March 6.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...ml?source=mypi

Last edited by RexB; 03-18-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, it's more of a precautionary thing to recall all the products. I know my dogs got some of the Priority canned food, don't know what the can dates were since they went out with last week's trash, but they seem to be ok.