Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Not To Self....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not To Self....

Last weekend, I went up to my friends house.....he has some 80 odd acres....before you think G2G on the eastside...it is his dads whom would never allow it. Well on to my note....do not take a 2wd 79 f150 with street tires only good for the street, go into soft mud and take a hill. we dug a rut up the entire hill then got stuck half way up. Put it in reverse and as I eased off the brake and onto the gas the truck slid in the mud into the most abnormal spot....half way up the other hill yet still on the one we were climbing. No good way to get it out lol. So my bud and I pushed as the other gave it gas our feet sunk into the mud as we pushed it but that baby has power so it got out...just not fun sinking into the mud and pushing the truck out ha :-)

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been there. done that.
2X4? keep a come-a-long and length of chain or heavy rope in the bed box or behind the seat under the "road soda's". I have had a few 2X4's and liked them but I got into trouble alot. I did alot of trail rideing and mudding with my 4X4 buddies. They pulled me out alot. But I learned with time and a lot of come-a-long cranking.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol well my friend had a 4x4 but he sold it and got a car yeah 2x4 we didnt think it was going to be as muddy as it was....because it usually isnt but later we found his dad hadnt done the trails yet so the cracks from the snow melting and rain made it softer