Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko
View Poll Results: Where Is The G2G Going To Be?
South Whidbey
61.54%
Dosewallups
23.08%
Sequim Bay
46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

First G2G Location

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Placermike
Does anyone have a problem if we stop this poll on 1 Apr 07? It looks like Whidbey State park would be the best venue. Sequim Bay and Dosewallups are great places, but limiited on space.

Please give some feedback so I can go ahead and get reservations and announce a firm date.
We got that other thread going and I was hearing Montesano. I like Whidbey or Sequim but that's just me.... I agree, let's agree on a place and date. I got parts ordered and want to be there!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:06 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im in for whidbey, think I already posted a proposed date

Old 03-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by oneminizut
We got that other thread going and I was hearing Montesano. I like Whidbey or Sequim but that's just me.... I agree, let's agree on a place and date. I got parts ordered and want to be there!
You were hearing right, but for another G2G. We are already having talk about getting a second G2G in the planning stages...One with a little more Truck action. Check out the thread that Marty started.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Placermike
Does anyone have a problem if we stop this poll on 1 Apr 07? It looks like Whidbey State park would be the best venue. Sequim Bay and Dosewallups are great places, but limiited on space.

Please give some feedback so I can go ahead and get reservations and announce a firm date.
May 26th-27th on Whidbey sounds good for the two of us. The later the date, the better the chance of no rain :~)

I drove through it last week on the way to Portland and it's open to overnight camping now. $19 a campsite without any hookups. $23 a night with hookups. Plus $10 a night for each extra vehicle, in the parking lot too.

Maximum eight people per campsite. There is a BBQ grill and picnic table at those sites, plus I'll bring a large propane BBQ.

The 'best' campsites close to the water are numbers #12 throught #15. BUT the beach is closed due to this winter's storm damage. The rangers might get teed off if we tried to surf fish there, but surely just walking on it would be Ok, sheesh. If not there's plenty of other beaches to walk on and let the dogs play (On-leash only is a law. There are three off-leash fenced parks on Whidbey.)

JR, your big 'ol RV might fit into the parking slot at the campsite. If not, there's a parking lot at the entrance that's a short walk to those 'best' camp sites (~300 yards). An RV could be real handy.

There are park bathrooms, showers, and water spigots.

Park Website and driving directions:
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...uth%20Whidbey&

Description and Driving directions:
http://www.visitwhidbey.com/camp-gro...tate-Park.html

The log kitchen shelter is reservable. It includes a BBQ and four picnic tables, accommodating up to 30 guests. Call (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688 to reserve the facility.

Last edited by RexB; 03-27-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
JR182PILOT
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by RexB
JR, your big 'ol RV might fit into the parking slot at the campsite. If not, there's a parking lot at the entrance that's a short walk to those 'best' camp sites (~300 yards). An RV could be real handy.
There are park bathrooms, showers, and water spigots.
Park Website and driving directions:
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=South%20Whidbey&

Description and Driving directions:
http://www.visitwhidbey.com/camp-grounds/S-Whidbey-State-Park.html
Hey Rex, Nice to have you back...

Bug Smasher is a 22' Class A. I have never used it in parks, but would think it would fit in a slot just fine. For a 2 day stay, I would not need the hook up. Will just used my systems.....

We bought Bug Smasher to used as an Emergenacy Shelter. A number of years ago in the Big SNOW, we went with out elect. power for 2 1/2 weeks. Was not a happy camper...

We are the 2nd owners, got it from our neighbor, he just put in a new long block Chevy (454) had about 7000 miles on it. New trans a year before that. New refer, + some other new parts. We installed a new 13,500 roof air and I put in a new distributor, Ft. air bags & new steer tires.

In the last Big BLOW, we used it about 3 1/2 days!

EDIT:
Sorry, thought this was General Chatter.....

Last edited by JR182PILOT; 03-27-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
That sounds like a heckuba nice rig. The 454 is one of my favoritest engines, wish my 460 was as strong.

I'll prolly get flamed now . Nope, no mods on it yet though it could use FlowMasters and a chip for sure.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
JR182PILOT
Senior User
That sounds like a heckuba nice rig. The 454 is one of my favoritest engines, wish my 460 was as strong.

I'll prolly get flamed now . Nope, no mods on it yet though it could use FlowMasters and a chip for sure.
No flames from me, but that was the hard thing for me in buying it. I am not GM kind of guy!!!! My Dad was a Chevy/GMC man. That's why I don't like them. He was always getting something fixed. Good thing was parts were always CHEAP.... I would ask him, Dad, why do you think the parts are so cheap???? Hey Rex, With a little work on that 460, it will eat a 454

Old 03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Hey Rex, With a little work on that 460, it will eat a 454
Yea, exhaust and a chip might do it the easy way. I've reviewed lottsa' add-on chips and now I'm only confused about what would be the best one and what chip would even work at all. Asked twice in chips section, no reply, and they're prolly tired of answering the question. The search function yields hundreds of results that yield confusion.

Oh well.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
JR182PILOT
Senior User
Lightbulb

Yea, exhaust and a chip might do it the easy way. I've reviewed lottsa' add-on chips and now I'm only confused about what would be the best one and what chip would even work at all. Asked twice in chips section, no reply, and they're prolly tired of answering the question. The search function yields hundreds of results that yield confusion.
Oh well.
Rex, it comes down to your money. I would think Cam, Intake, Spark, Exhaust and than maybe a Chip.....And as you know, what do you want the truck to do?

My old work truck (the last one I put together) was 75' F250. 390 with 428 heads, hight torque (RV) cam (2100-2400 rpm) Cloie (sp) racing gears & no jump timing chain, Edelbrock intake, Holly 600 cfm. Duel exhaust. Got rid of the elect. ign, went with Mallory. Hooked this to a C6 w a dash 3 shift kit and 4:10 rear end....Dam thing was fast in a city block. Sure would carry and pull a BIG load. (Got abount 5 ft per gal, with my foot in it) Really, got 10 MPG, loaded or not.....well maybe 6 when really loaded....
I still miss that truck....Gave it to a friend when I got my new diesel....

Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
All that's too much for what I want -- a driving truck with a little more zip that tows a load. If new exhaust and a chip won't do it, then it's not worth the time or money for my needs, I'm gettin' too old for the razzle dazzle stuff

I'm in the up-to-$800 price range for desired mods, minimum down time and wrenching.

Your ol' F250 sounds like a hot truck

Old 03-27-2007, 04:11 PM
JR182PILOT
Senior User
Talking

All that's too much for what I want -- a driving truck with a little more zip that tows a load. If new exhaust and a chip won't do it, then it's not worth the time or money for my needs, I'm gettin' too old for the razzle dazzle stuff
I'm in the up-to-$800 price range for desired mods, minimum down time and wrenching. Your ol' F250 sounds like a hot truck
Hot she was. Did I say I still miss that truck.....

Now when your a ready to upgrade, count me in to help. I think I could install that there chip, might take a hour or so!!! Not to put it, but for me to get back up off the floor.....

Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
K thanks for the offer, maybe at the G2G.

I'll go looking for the right chip, there must be one that makes the right adjustments and works with 89 octane, and order it.

Lol, an hour to get off the floor; I've got creepers and a hoist

Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Ah yes, gots to have rules, here's the rules 'n regs for Washington State Parks:
http://www.parks.wa.gov/regs.asp

-Pets are allowed in most state parks but must be on a leash no more than eight feet long. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Pets are not permitted on swimming beaches.

-Horses are allowed only in designated parks.

-Smoking and pets are not allowed inside vacation houses, yurts, cabins or other rustic structures.

-All day-use areas close at dusk. Campers may enter parks until 10:00 p.m.

-Campground check-in begins at 2:30 p.m. Check-out is at 1 p.m. Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.

-Campers may not "hold" campsites for parties who have not yet arrived.

-Please use the trash cans and dumpsters to help keep parks clean. Visitors must carry out everything they have brought in.

-Please do not harm wild plants or animals. Feeding of wildlife is prohibited.

-Glass bottles or metal cans are not allowed on swimming beaches.

-Alcoholic beverages are permitted only in campground and picnic areas.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up South Whidbey State Park It Is!

In the interest of ensuring dates we would like, I am going to set reservations tomorrow...Will post what we can get.

I am going to shoot for June...This should give everyone proper planning time.

When I spoke with the gal last week, the middle of Jun was taken, so hopefully I can still get another date in June. The weather should be decent.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:03 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
what about May?

Quick Reply: First G2G Location