Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Junior User

patho44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
anti theft pats trouble codes

99 exlpr 4 L sohc. my anti theft light is blinking rapidly. it appears to be blinking out the number 15 or the number 51. where can i find these codes ..i dont see them in the chilton
Old 03-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Junior User

The engine does not start and LED remains off. 1. Check PATS system fuses 2. If alarm is fitted check if LED functions for alarm: if not check cigar lighter fuse (also used for LED)

3. If not go to main dealer

Engine does not start: LED flashes rapidly Leave ignition on until the LED starts to flash a 2 digit code: (sequence- pause-sequence) Check the following codes:

Code flashes:
1:3 Key code not received. Is key screened by other keys or objects? Try different key: if okay then first key is faulty. If not go to main dealer

1:4 Partial code only received. Try again. If not okay use different key. If not go to main dealer

1:5 Key not programmed into PATS. Program key as above using master

1:6 Faulty link between PATS module and EECV Go to main dealer

Old 03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Postmaster

87 XLT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well thats what I call a GOOD answer.

Patho44, just curious but did you find that in the factory emmisions manual, or the factory shop manual?

I know that for my 87 Ranger the pinpoint tests tests for EEC-4 codes are only in the emmisions manual & I wish I could find one for my 87.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Junior User

Thanks....i found this on scorpio car alarm site. I just searched the web for ford pats anti theft codes, and sifted through the sites until i came upon this.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Junior User

I bought this vehicle at auction and only got one key....i finally tracked down the previous owner and got two more keys for the truck. i tried the additional keys but the theft light still blinks rapidly with no start. do i need to take to the dealer to have the pats system reset? I tried discont. and reconnect battery power, but did not help.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Postmaster

87 XLT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you buy the Ford "electrical & vacuum troubleshooting manual." for a 99 Explorer you will probably be surprised by how easy it is to fix most of the electrical problems on your Ex.

But it looks like your only option for this problem is the-OUCH-dealer.

I dont think theres any easy way to wire around the electronic PATS garbage.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Freshman User

rds4ou is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check to see if there are any dtc's present
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Junior User

no dtc's but the battery was dead and it has not run since i bought it.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator

Tags
16, anti, code, codes, diagnostic, eecv, f150, faulty, flashes, ford, link, module, passive, pats, problem, reset, system, theft, trouble