Sponsored by:

Some info and Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Drilim
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All. I have been reading the forums since i found them a few days ago. Looks like there is a ton of info to be shared around here.

I have a 94 Bronco, 5.0/302, Auto. I bought the truck a little over a month ago, And its my first (just 16) I want to know...If anyone can dig up gear ratios, transmission i have, My rear gears and everything.

I have plans for a set of Flowmasters to go on in a few weeks, and a few other minor things to get done. I would also love to hear reccomendations on maybe a set of heads, New gears, mass airflow (if that is a good idea) throw whatever you have at me. Even though im working like a dog to try and save for it...I know that in time it will all be worth it.

Thanks a ton.

-Drilim

Old 07-19-2002, 11:26 PM
honney
Elder User

>I have a 94 Bronco, 5.0/302, Auto. I bought the truck a
>little over a month ago, And its my first (just 16) I want
>to know...If anyone can dig up gear ratios,

http://www.homestead.com/90bronco/axlecode.html

>transmission i have,

Well, you said it's an auto, and I think by '94 they had eliminated the AOD so you should have the E4OD. Do you have an OD cancel switch on the end of your shifter stalk? If so, it's the E4OD. First gear is 2.72, can't remember 2nd, 3rd would be 1:1 and OD is .71

>My rear gears

U already covered that but
http://www.homestead.com/90bronco/axlecode.html

>and everything.

T-case is BW1356, low range ratio is 2.69:1. Front axle is Dana 44 TTB (Twin Traction Beam=Ford's IFS from '80-96). Rear axle is Ford 8.8

>also love to hear reccomendations on maybe a set of heads,

None unless it's mass air. Then maybe some World Products Windsor Jr heads.

>New gears,

That's up to you.

>mass airflow (if that is a good idea)

It is if you wanna do things like new heads, but it's around $800 or so...

>throw whatever you have at me.

How bout you tell us how you wanna use the truck. Sounds like at this point you might be more interested in cruising the mall rather than axle swaps and body damage..... seriously, do you tow, do you 'wheel it, and if so, on what kind of terrain? Would you rather have low end grunt or top speed capability? How much time do you spend in low range? Do you plan on future mods like 35"+ tires and a suspension lift?

Old 07-20-2002, 01:44 AM
Brncomtb
Senior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Jul-02 AT 02:48 AM (EST)]I have the '94 eddie bauer edition 5.0L. Mine has the E4OD with 3.55 gears. Mine has limited slip. For mods look into new heads headers intake Manifold and pretty much anything that has to do with the intake/exhaust of your truck those are usually the simplest thing to change out and are considered bolt on. You probably already have MAF If you have one tube splitting in to 2 tubes then the thorttle body you have Mass Air not speed density. Chanign the gears to 3.73 could gain you some extra horses to the pavement but you might lose some efficency at highway speeds. For Heads i have been told that the World Products Roush heads are great to add some extra torque.
Good Luck

JON

Old 07-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Drilim
Freshman User

Thanks for the info both Honney and Brncomtb. to answer your question Honney...

First, I do have the overdrive cancel switch.

Once in a while i have something behind me...Usually a boat, i work at a marina doing boatwork, and sometimes i have a boat behind me. I know that i dont want top speed, but I live in Florida, so terrain here is mostly swamp and sand. Which sucks. I would like to get into some, But being in school, I dont have the money that i would need for all the Lifts, tires, rims and all that.

I know i sound like a complete n00b at all this, I just dont have the experience i would like to have

Thanks again for all the Info

Old 07-21-2002, 12:16 AM
rtownsend
New User