Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update-project Eddie Bauer

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone else is watching this-I went back to trying to figure out the missing that I am getting on #1 and #3 cylinders. I borrowed a friends compression tester, and the long story short is simply that it needs the heads redone or a new/good set. If anyone has any, let me know.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Well.... Since we sold or explorer and got tax returns, the bronco got a new set of heads. (If it doesn't run right now I'll prolly set it afire!) You should have seen the bottom of these heads. Now I really wish I had taken pics. 4 of 8 exhaust valves were at least the thickness of a nickle up into the heads, if not double that. No wonder it didn't want to run!

Got the stereo system out of the explorer before we sold it, so that's in it now. I also have some nice mud tires coming off ebay. 265 70 16's to go on a set of rims I picked up. (The pic on the first page of the right rear quarter that has a rim with no tire on it.)

I put a pic of the motor in the gallery, I think it looks really good. When I get it done and the tires on it, I'll take some more pics. Hey cje07- if you see this, through up that motor pic for me.

P.S. A friend of mine detailed out my 65 today for free! (A 12-pack doesn't count if you help drink it!) I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Last edited by cfrives3; 04-30-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 AM
cje07
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clean!!!!

Nice and clean!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:26 AM
rsalter66
Posting Guru
your doin great i like your collection! but i think that 65 would look better on a bronco frame with the bed shortened,+ nice mudders, huh think about it! ive been building a 65 falcon street gasser, then i found a 78 bronco for 700$ with a lift kit+35's +bad motor so im gunna pull the cars motor ,trans +all my other goodies ,sell it +build the bronco

Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
I cannot bear to do that to the '65. It's in too good of shape, although I considered putting that body on the 83 running gear. 1965 F-100 sitting on 38's with a 6.9 diesel. How cool would that be? I already have the 65 planned out in my head, but I bet it doesn't get done until I retire.

Thanks to cje07 for throwing that up!

If you want to see the tires I bought they are ebay item #220103722925. These are not the ones I picked, the wife picked them out.

She is mad cause the stereo system that is in her bronco sounds nowhere near as good in the one in my bronco (which is currently her daily driver). Lets just say theres' a huge wattage difference between her and my amp. Or was it her 2 10's against my 2 12's....................

I apologize for not getting those pics up today-I ended up putting in 10 hours on a skid steer and 2 hours on a Mack truck. I left at 5:30am and got home about 7:30pm.

I wondered what everyone though of the color choices that were on the motor. The stock valve covers were grey, so I painted them grey. I just did the manifold in the color they call aluminum, I call it silver. The heads were black when I got them so I left them that way. The intake plumbing all went grey to match the valve covers. I was so close to doing it Ford dark blue but I was able to resist.

Okay.. I'm rambling and I'm tired so I'm out. Thanks again cje07!

Last edited by cfrives3; 05-01-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
rsalter66, what motor from the falcon? I was also considering putting a '61 ranch wagon 2-door body on my 83 running gear. Body is straight as **** and I can get it for free, just a lot of work to get it out.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 AM
cje07
Elder User
The motor colors lookg good...you should throw some red in there somewhere though....everymotor has to have a touch of red...and not just drops of blood from working on them either or the edelbrock emblem!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Sorry man- I'm just not a big fan of red. The edelbrock emblem is enough for me. I do want to throw some blue in there though. I was thinking some of those cool blue Ford Motorsports radiator hoses.......

Old 05-01-2007, 09:19 PM
rsalter66
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cfrives3
rsalter66, what motor from the falcon? I was also considering putting a '61 ranch wagon 2-door body on my 83 running gear. Body is straight as **** and I can get it for free, just a lot of work to get it out.
i thought i answered this ealier but it must not of went thru? its a 75 ,351w/c-6 trans from a 2whl truck that i built for the car it's got the edelbrock performer power package, mallory dist, headers, a old mc,culloch super charger, + nitrous,etc. i'd never get my $ back if i sold it all so i'm gonna take all my goodies from the car + put on the bronco. i almost had another bronco frame that i thought about putting the falcon body on but i did'nt get it so i'll sell the car + put the $ in the bronco . hey if you ever need good paint for one of your projects look up, paintforcars.com, 1 gal of auto enamel starts at 35$ they got cheap kits too. + i you do that wagon project let us see it , it sounds cool

Old 05-01-2007, 09:49 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
I went back and looked to see if I missed it but if you did say what motor, it wasn't in this thread. That 61 ranch wagon is about 50 miles away and it would take prolly 2 days to unbury it.

By the way, it was 2 late for pics of the 65 again tonight, and that sucks cause it rained here and it looks really good with all the water beading up and running off.

Tried to drop the distributor in the bronco tonight, had no luck. It seems the the shaft for the oil pump is leaning(?) off to one side just enough that wiggling it won't make it go in. Oh well. I did get all the grease and crap off of a few of the brackets in the parts washer tho. That always makes it easier for reassembly and to spot leaks.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
cje07
Elder User
Sorry man- I'm just not a big fan of red. The edelbrock emblem is enough for me. I do want to throw some blue in there though. I was thinking some of those cool blue Ford Motorsports radiator hoses.......
That would be cool too! You could also get some Ford 9mm plug wires which would match the hoses...plus better spark!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Alrighty- got her done, well together anyway. Runs real good but still a couple of bugs to work out, but I took it around the block a couple times. I know I'm gettin lazy on the pics, but I really want to get this to the point of a reliable daily driver. Sorry- I'll get it though I promise.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:08 AM
rsalter66
Posting Guru
congrat's bet you'r wife willbe "very happy wit ya" hint hint wink wink, and 2 days to git it out is alot but then again ifits as nice as ya said its worth it

Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 AM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Just trying to button this job up and everything keeps going wrong. The arm off of the kickdown rod on the tranny was broke and laying in the pan, it now has a new radiator, I had to go get a new ICM this morning, I bought a triple set of equis gauges, I also have to do a new wiper motor. This is getting ridiculous- I now cannot afford a new rear tire for my motorcycle- and that is totally NOT COOL!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 AM
cje07
Elder User
Just trying to button this job up and everything keeps going wrong. The arm off of the kickdown rod on the tranny was broke and laying in the pan, it now has a new radiator, I had to go get a new ICM this morning, I bought a triple set of equis gauges, I also have to do a new wiper motor. This is getting ridiculous- I now cannot afford a new rear tire for my motorcycle- and that is totally NOT COOL!!!
You'll get it to the point where all you have to worry about is basic maint. I bought the same Equus gauges....love them! Let me know if you have questions in regard to install!

Post those pics when you can so we can drool!!!!

Quick Reply: Update-project Eddie Bauer