Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Junior User

Wildcat_1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need thoughts on comments on options for my 07 Expy Purchase

Here is what I am looking at in terms of options. Please let me know thoughts. Colors I can't decide but have narrowed to Carbon, Dark Blue Pearl or Black. These are all Eddie Bauer Specs:

4x4
18" Wheels
Front & Rear Floormats
2nd Row 40/20/20 Bench
Convenience Package
Heavy Duty Trailer
Sirius
Load Levelling Air Suspension
Daytime Running Lights
Power Liftgate
Climate Controlled Heated & Cooled Seats
Black Luggage Rack W Black Crossbars
Power Moonroof
Skid Plates

I seem to be able to find everything I want except the DRL's and the Load Levelling. Am I missing much by not getting these ? Also what are the thoughts on the 17's, 18's and 20's wheels ?

THe other thing I am tossing up on is whether to get the Nav or go aftermarket

Thanks so much and cannot wait to take ownership

Luckily I qualify for XPLAN Pricing
Old 03-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior User

2001F250Crew2wdPSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got almost the same options. Didn't do the moonroof since we hardly ever used the ones in our other cars plust you'll loose some head room. I'm not a fan of the shiny 20" wheels so we stayed with the standard 18" ones on the EB. I actually like the ELT 17 wheels the best. These 18" wheels are a pain to clean. No Nav here either, maps have always worked for me. Before I ordered my, I test drove them with standard rear suspension since I couldn't find one in VA with the rear air. But I ordered the rear air and I swear she rides better than the standard set up. Did some low wieght towing yesterday (3000 lbs) and it works nice.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Junior User

Randy B is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure if you are getting the EL or STd.

My Std, has the 17 inch wheels. I did not want the 18 or 20. Mine is also a 4X4. If you want on and off road tires the 18 and 20 selections are very slim, where as the 17 variety are very broad. I have a pretty much decked out E/B, I am not a fan of satelite radio, and the rubber mats from Ford I am not happy with. They do not quite cover the floor area as good as I had hoped. I ended up buying molded weathertech ones that cover a much larger section. I also did not get the daytime running lights. I have never felt the need for them and this is strictly personal opinion not a hit at you for getting them.

The power liftgate is awesome, and so is the 40/20/40. We have a fourteen month old and the liftgate is priceless when you have a stroller and and hands full or at the grocery store and it's raining outside. Instant shelter at the touch of a button. I very much like the skid plates and always thought Ford gave them away for the price.

The cooled and heated seats are exceptional down here. I have them in my other car and will not own another vehicle without them.

The load leveling is very nice and the convenience package is worth it's money as well.

Randy B
Unreliable & now non-owned 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4X4. Dark Copper with Grey/Camel, Rear DVD, Navi, Power Liftgate, Ventilated Seats, Power Fold Third Row Seats, Skid Plates, Convenience Pkg, Heavy Duty Trailer Pkg, Luggage Rack Crossbars, Rubber Floor Mats, Air Suspension, Power Moonroof.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Senior User

2001F250Crew2wdPSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
The EL EB gets the 18" wheels as standard.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Junior User

Since it seems to be impossible to find one with Load Levelling here I don't know whether to order one or not. The problem I am concerned with on ordering is that by the time the truck shows up the amazing lease rates and incentives will be over.

If all I am doing is loading the truck up with garden supplies from the store or pulling a small trailer with an ATV on it should I worry about LL ?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Junior User

03GrnEBExpy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had an 03 Expy w/o LLS, I was disappointed with how it handled my 16'argo trailer. When I got my 04 Expy I went with the LLS, it is worth every penny. It handles the trailer very well (except for the typical Ford lack of power, 04 was only 260hp). As a bonus it lowers the truck whe parked which looks great, several people have asked if I lowered it.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Junior User

Ratpack is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 07 EB EL is carbon color with all the options you mentioned with the exception of $X4, DRL and climate controlled seats, but these are options I could live without. I love the Carbon color, much nicer IMO than the blue or the black. As for the Nav system, go aftermarket. I was toying with the Ford system too, but I fuigured for $2000, I could get a lot more useful things for the Beast and that included a nice aftermarket GPS. And in regards to the wheels, go with the 18", they look better than the 20" chrome ones. I would like to have chrome wheels, but the ones Ford is offering are ugly. When it comes time to change tires, I may upgrade then to a nice set of 20" chrome aftermarket wheels.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Junior User

Anyone have a real pic of the dk blue and or carbon met up close and personal ?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Posting Guru

Gevans17 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Lots of people on this forum seem to be having problems with load leveling suspension systems...maybe they have the kinks worked out by now.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator