Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 PM
New User

CallumS is starting off with a positive reputation.
In the market for a Ford Ranger, any advice?

I've been looking around at different compact pick ups and have decided to get a ranger. I need an extended cab, I want it to have 6 cylinders, and I want one in decent condition. I've been looking around craigslist and dealer websites and stuff like that but havent seen much consistancy in the prices. What kind of condition, year, mileage and options could I expect for $10,000.
The latest truck I've been looking at is a 2000 XLT with the 3.0L v6 and 180,000 kms with an automatic transmision. It has A/C, CD, its an extended cab and has the bench seat up front. He is asking $10,000. Should I jump on this or stay away? The main thing keeping me away right now is that the mileage seems a little high.

Any advice would be great.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Post Fiend

96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of
just a thought... i've seen many f150's (same year...etc,) sell for less, or comparable to the price of a ranger.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Well if you went with a f150 I think the v6 is a tad bigger of a motor. I would keep checking out craigslist, from time to time they have smoking deals on there. As for that 2000 your looking at, it seems like a pretty good deal. I always check on autotrader.ca to and compare what they go for on there.

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Posting Guru

FirstTry is starting off with a positive reputation.
seems about right on whatsimiliar vehicles were when i was looking around......any supercab 4x4 Ranger in BC is ridiculously priced for what it really is. a guy can get a nicer, newer F150 in better shape with similiar or better options for the same price as a Ranger. but then you trade off a few MPG's.......i really did find prices for used Ranger's high around here compared to else where in teh country, or especially in the states, even with the dollar diffrence

This is the attitude we should ALL have

originally posted by Greywolf

"If I can really get this thing together it will either scatter itself in a million pieces or be the fastest pickup truck on earth."
Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Ive seen a few good deals on craigslist go by too, hope youve been checking it out!

Old 03-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Post Fiend

96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of
hey what is this "craigslist" that people talk of?? national? international?

2014 F350/6.7/4x4/CC/SWB/Lariat
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Posting Legend

www.craigslist.org

The go click on where you want to look for stuff, you will get hooked!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Post Fiend

cool. have to check it out...thanks dude

Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Post Fiend

hey,,,your right...i am going to be hooked...

Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Posting Legend

Oh its terrible man lol. And to boot I live right around vancouver, where the site is really popular, theres always tons of stuff on there I want!

Old 03-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Post Fiend

well...so far i've spent about 45 mins on it. gotta limit myself though because this FTE thing requires most of my free time, and 2 hours of sleep won't cut it...plus my wife figures i'm skipping doing "other things" around here. hmmm...what exactly did she mean by "other things"?? i wonder...???... ...naa couldn't be... ...

Old 03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Posting Legend

Lol other things hey

Old 03-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Post Fiend

lol...husbandry duties??

Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Posting Legend

Thank god I dont have those kind of duties haha

Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Post Fiend

hey...they're not all bad duties, , just the good ones don't seem to need done as often after marriage...

Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia