Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

GM to post annual loss for 06 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face GM to post annual loss for 06 or not?

I find it very odd that gm is late in posting their annual losses again.

Seems to me that they have been fudging the numbers in the past and somehow getting away with it. Friends in high govt places maybe?

Last year they had to restate the real loss #'s later in the year. Looks like more of the same this year!

Last edited by Fordsflylow; 03-06-2007 at 06:31 AM. Reason: To try to format the title of my thread to bold letters. Seems I can't using my Apple Powerbook w/Safari browser!?!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
i could care less i sold my Chevy this weekend for more than it was worth and good riddance. it will definetly not be missed. i'm buying a 1998 ranger from my boss so i can have a daily driver and something good on gas.. so maybe now i can change my name from Linkinluver07 to 98Rangerxl4x2

Old 03-08-2007, 05:47 PM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The problem has nothing to due with the car and truck part of GM, but GMAC, the fincance part. It seems that they sold half of that business in a complicated arrangement where some of the losses from bad home loans could be charged back to GM, something like a billion dollars worth. What a mess!

Jim

Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
The problem has nothing to due with the car and truck part of GM, but GMAC, the fincance part. It seems that they sold half of that business in a complicated arrangement where some of the losses from bad home loans could be charged back to GM, something like a billion dollars worth. What a mess!

Jim
I just read the same thing in the Detroit News.