Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Posting Guru

93F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Question Legal music downloads

I want to start downloading MP3's and want to do it legally. I don't mind paying a fee for them monthly but I don't think it willl be worth $1 a song. ($1/song x 200 songs per MP3 player x 3 MP3 players in my house=TOOMUCH $) Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Senior User

cabinetmaker00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
try a file sharing site like ARES , you can share music with others and vice versa
best of all it's free .
tint.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
So, you don't want to pay for them, but you want to do it legally? If you don't want to pay for them, then don't, thousands of people don't.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
My wife downloaded a handful of songs for something like $0.50 a song and we've had no end pf problems with them. For some reason when she uses iTunes to load them on her iPod, it thinks they aren't legal unles she re-downloads the song (which she can do with the code she got the first time) and winamp never plays them.

The rest of the music on our computer is mostly ripped from CD's, which we've never had a problem with. We have a couple of illegal downloads, and funny enough, those never seem to have software problems either. I've told her not to buy any more music online. I'd rather buy the CD and rip it if we want it on the computer.
I have found some cheap places online to buy CD's, so I'm actually buying more CD's than ever. I rip them onto the comptuer and then put them away in a box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Posting Guru

93F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts72
So, you don't want to pay for them, but you want to do it legally? If you don't want to pay for them, then don't, thousands of people don't.
I don't mind paying a monthly fee for them but what I don't want to do is pay per song. As I wrote before ...$1/song x 200 songs per MP3 player x 3 MP3 players in my house=TOO MUCH $
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Senior User

Americanmadeford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
try a file sharing site like ARES , you can share music with others and vice versa best of all it's free .
Of course it's free, its illegal.

EDIT:

How do those music sharing programs work that some universities have? Dont they work like P2P servies but instead once you "upload" a song to someone else you no longer have it. Just like once you download a song, the other person doesnt have it?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
My university has ResNet... but it works just like other filesharing programs... Its a trick though, the university bans any use of a server or any other filesharing than ResNet so they use ResNet to track it all, everything goes through there.

I live off campus and I use Ares... I don't download very much, I burn it to a CD or put it on my MP3 player and delete it from my computer. Its not illegal to download it, its illegal to upload it.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation