Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

A Chapter Logo

Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I agree with MARTY
Is there a way you can make it "Built Ford Tough" without copyright infringment and still keep the rest with WA FTE?

It looks great by the way. I mean it really looks good.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I think that if you did FORD superimposed over the oval in big block letters, then that might get past the copyright thing.
Maybe Washington Chapter tucked in along the upper edge?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:04 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brentleedragon
hey guys i was messing around with it a bit more this needs some touch up id like your perspective on this...idk i cant tell if i like it...i think the other one is smoother but here it is
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ragon/edit.gif
Wow! Nice color-fill editing! Looks very good but agree that the logo needs something. Since it's not a blue oval anymore the "Ford" word in script or block or whatever typeface ought to be Ok. What's a ford Admin say? Or googling for copyright protection laws.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
brentleedragon
Elder User
changing the built part might be difficult without it being really weird like real yet imposed....i might be able to add FORD in like a bolder transcript maybe, in the background... I'll def work with it some more

Old 04-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB
Wow! Nice color-fill editing! Looks very good but agree that the logo needs something. Since it's not a blue oval anymore the "Ford" word in script or block or whatever typeface ought to be Ok. What's a ford Admin say? Or googling for copyright protection laws.
I agree, and can't see any issue with infringment.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
With Brent's OK...Should we not go ahead and see if we can get this Logo approved....Changes like color or shading can be done later.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:02 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Dragon...

Personally I really like it.

Guess we have to work out the politics now.

Not my job.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
kwob
Senior User
Looks great to me!

Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by oneminizut
Dragon...

Personally I really like it.

Guess we have to work out the politics now.

Not my job.
Brown Noser

Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
hey guys I give my ok if everyone likes it! and like mike said we can just make changes later i am trying to find out with FORD if anything is wrong with the Ford in their print in the oval because it has the BUILT TOUGH my sister is getting back to me on it (she works for them)

Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by brentleedragon
hey guys I give my ok if everyone likes it! ... i am trying to find out with FORD if anything is wrong with the Ford in their print in the oval because it has the BUILT TOUGH my sister is getting back to me on it (she works for them)
I like it. Thank you for not putting a fugly 2008 Ford truck in there.

But how about putting the word "Ford" in to replace the "Washington FTE" in the flag oval? That's 3 or 4 votes for "Ford" there

Then put "Washington FTE" into the top border?

I know this image editing/layering is taking a lot of your time, and thank you! I'll treat you for the beers at our G2G!
(Hope you like free MGD)
- - -

Your sister works at Ford. So what kind of discounts can we look forward to?

Last edited by RexB; 04-11-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
From a practical standpoint and one of experience I strongly recommend you folks reconsider this design. Its going to be very difficult and more expensive to reproduce on t-shirts, business cards and other items. Simple, uncomplicated drawing based designs work best for reproduction across a variety of mediums, embossed metalic things like this...don't.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
That's for sure, many the order we made for bling for our units. Tshirts, ballcaps, buckles, plaques. None were cheap -- for small orders it is now cheaper to use our own printers and make a reversible emblem to iron on to a Tshirt out of the drawer. They last for a few washings, blah.

Anyhoo guyz & galz, if we can get together an order of at least 20 confirmed, paid-for units, preferably more, the cost will go down.

Ken, you've researched this recently and continually (*groan*, right?). Do you have a fav supplier for cost/quality to recommend?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RexB
Anyhoo guyz & galz, if we can get together an order of at least 20 confirmed, paid-for units, preferably more, the cost will go down.
I'm in on the confirmed paid.....Where do I send the Money? And don't give me YOUR address RexB........

Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
First things first

-A design that will show up and be legible on fabric, hats, buckles, etc. Brentlee is doing a fine job of that, and I suggest to first print it at home for an iron-on transfer test to a Tshirt. Before we spend the big bucks at a company. BTW, casts or laser engravings in a buckle (that we could afford) are way smaller than the buckle itself; about 2" x 2.5". That is a small space to fit a complex logo into.

-Find a company that has a reasonable price and does good work. (I'll do that, and welcome suggestions from satisfied customers.)

-Tshirt, Ballcap and buckle makers normally won't print copyrighted information without permission of the copyrighter. So that has to be sorted out.

-Annoint a Chapter Money Taker to receive our payments and hold it in 'escrow', and then make the order. Plus pay S/H to the lucky annointee who gets to mail them out to all of us. Or pay more for the company to mail each one out individually.

-(I'm sure more qualifiers will come up.)

Whatever happens, we still have a great logo for our Chapter on the computer screens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Chapter Logo