Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Good Fish'in Holes & Stories

Does anyone know how to fish in the state?... Do you have a good fishing story?

Does not matter if it a lake, creek, pond, river or even the ocean and sound.

This is where we share about fishing!

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Senior User

993/4ton is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am fond of renting the bass boat from the on-base rec center. Sometime I'll drag it out to Lake Campbell, and anchor right on the opposite side of the island from the launch ramp. I have the best luck with a worm and powerbait on a treble, and drop it right off of the side! Have caught a couple nice sized rainbows that way. Can't beat the deal on the boat either... 40 bucks for a weekend, and it comes with a trailer, outboard, fish-finder and live well!
stock.....for now!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Junior User

Rusty49 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I steelhead fish while I am over here at school on the Clearwater or the Grand Ronde. While back in Tenino I fly fish or spin fish for trout in the Skookumchuck river that runs right through our place and there are a couple different bass ponds on the place were we throw some lures at some largies
Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Junior User

742504x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Most of the fishing that I have done is on the Columbia going for the Kings that are swimming up river in the later summer. Caught a 46 punder off the bank two years ago. He was so big he wouldn't fit in the cooler. Last couple of years they haven't been that plentiful hopefully they will make a comeback. Simple set up: 3/4 oz lure with single hook (trebels are a no-no) and some glow in the dark paint. Flash the lure, cast, reel in slowly, repeat.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Posting Guru

i1dery is starting off with a positive reputation.
I usually fish the western wa rivers, and the fish story behind that is that i'll pick a spot or area and take my 2 boys and just sit back and watch them have fun, cuz
there's nothin better than watchin your 10 and 6 year olds runnin to you with what they just caught, Nothin.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yea the kids love it

Usta' fish, now I just throw in a unbaited or un-lured line to sit on the river bank or shore or boat and enjoy the beer and conversation.

I have more durn rods, reels, crabpots, weights, downriggers, etc just taking up space now. Should have a garage sale.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Postmaster

MARTYSTOWRIG is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MARTYSTOWRIG is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Lets talk prices REX
I do not really fish. I do have some equip and my wife does crab alot. But back to fishing...
I like to crad at the south point of comano I and in port susan
Kargo Master Pro II Rack
Cobra 75, Lariat trim, BFG A/T T/A
original Crown Society Member
Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
K, I'll take some pics, figure out price, and post back later.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
There is a hole out of Sekiu that I fished when I was a kid. Caught a 38lb Snapper when I was 12 and won second place in the derby. Times like that ya never forget.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Lets talk prices REX
I do not really fish. I do have some equip and my wife does crab alot. But back to fishing...
I like to crad at the south point of comano I and in port susan
Here are the rods, reels, and crab pots. 3 Items marked "NFS" are Not for sale. The rods are dusty, i saw that three or four of the eyes need cleaning and/or relashed. The reels work, need surface tarnish cleaned off and new lines. If you work on reels, an inside cleaning/lube wouldn't hurt.

Rods
Pictured on the table, listed Bottom(Front) > Top (Rear):
-6.5' Berkley FiberGlass SportFisher I, $10
-8.5' Daiwa FiberGlass 1376-SSC $40
-8.5' Eagle Claw Fiberglass $20
-8.5' Fiberglass unknown maker $10
-8'... Great Lakes Graphite Eliminator $15
-6.5' Daiwa Graphite Custom SGC 22MF $25
-7'... Silstar Composite Ultra Balance with open reel $25

Pictured on top of radial arm, listed Bottom (Front) > Top(Rear):
-6.5' St Croix Fiberglass Snagger Tuna stick w/roller tip $40
-6.5' St Croix Fiberglass Snagger Tuna stick w/roller tip $40
-2 Abu Garcia surf caster and a freshwater rods with reels -NFS-

Rods http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y97...raphite_se.jpg

Reels are all Star Drag:
Pictured on table, Bottom Row Left > Right:
-Three Penn 209 Level-Winds, $25 each.

Pictured on table, Top Row Left > Right:
-Penn Long Beach 68, $15
-Kencor 840M, $15
-new Penn 209 Level-Wind -NFS-
-new Daiwa Sealine 50H, $40

Reels http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97...Reels_sale.jpg

I made the 16oz lead weights with hooks, have about 50 pounds of them, $1 each. 10lb ball weights (not pictured) $10 each. The Iron rope is 7/16" diameter 80' lengths with eyes spliced on both ends, $15 each.

The two Downriggers are Canon manual reel, 3 feet boom. $80 each. They're in the boat under a tarp, didn't go there,
Here's an online picture of similar ones:
Similar downrigger http://www.turtlemarine.com/cannonunitroll5.html

The Crab Pots were made by commercial fishermen in Oregon. Stout. Rubber-wrapped steel frames, stainless mesh, with floats and Iron rope:
-The two on the floor are 33" diameter and weigh 80lbs each, $115 each.
-Hanging on the wall, bottom, is 26" diameter and weighs 60lbs, $100 .
-Hanging on wall Top is 24" diameter -NFS- .

Crab Pots http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97..._Pots_sell.jpg

I'm offline till tomorrow
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thumbs up GrandDad and I

I love to fish so I can cook'em. But when GrandDad and I went fishing, it was to drown the worms...We would get a 12 pack, put a worm on the hook,cast and then start drinking beer. When the beer was gone, we would check our lines...Most of the time we just found a very soggy worm.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Postmaster

MARTYSTOWRIG is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MARTYSTOWRIG is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Rex it looks like you have some nice gear>
I was looking for a smaller collapsible ring. My boat would probablly swamp if I attempted to pull up an 80 LB ring. I think I may want one though and I may want a down rigger too. I need to chat with the wifey. How fast do you need it gone? Do we have time to think and gather $$
Kargo Master Pro II Rack
Cobra 75, Lariat trim, BFG A/T T/A
original Crown Society Member
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Rex it looks like you have some nice gear>
I was looking for a smaller collapsible ring. My boat would probablly swamp if I attempted to pull up an 80 LB ring. I think I may want one though and I may want a down rigger too. I need to chat with the wifey. How fast do you need it gone? Do we have time to think and gather $$
Marty you're right, a bigger boat is needed for the lobster pots. There is barely room on my 24 footer when it's all loaded up.

You misundersood or I gave the wrong impression; when I said "Garage Sale" that's what I meant. I'm not going to piece-meal out all the fishing gear, JRC radar set, Iron rope coils, props, tools, cables, galvy bolts & cable spools, power tools, gas posthole digger, extra picks and axes, 5th wheel frame, stainless stove pipe, et al. (The down-riggers are sold as a pair.)

I have enough trouble getting Christmas presents wrapped and mailed, let alone a bunch of boxes of gear one by one. So I'm going to have a garage sale and get rid of this all at once.

Last edited by RexB; 03-20-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM