Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jenks?

Is there anywhere in Jenks that my wife and I can go and get a margaritta that won't drive me broke? My son is supposed to do a night cross country trip Friday night if the weathers good. It would be nice to wait for him to come back some where other than the airport.

Thanks,
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Junior User

ROUSH_STAGE3150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Margiritas

Mike, I'm not sure about price but I think Los Cabos on the river mall was real reasonable for the large size we received. How are the lessons going? Do you know anything about the DYNO DAY being setup yet?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Posting Guru

Fred,

Lessons are going pretty smooth. Steve solo'd a couple weeks ago and has been working on cross country stuff. He's gone twice now with his instructor. They say he's ready for a solo cross country, but I want him to fly solo around here for a bit first. We just wish the weather would cooperate, as it's been to windy lately.

I'll have to keep Los Cobos in mind. We went there for lunch once and the food was pretty good.

Thanks for the input,
2000 Ranger Regular cab
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Postmaster

Silver Streak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There used to be a pretty good restaurant at Riverside.

Where's he taking lessons at? I flew out of there for the first time last weekend. It's a lot easier at international.

The solo cross country really isn't that nerve racking. There are lots of places to go that only require you to identify and follow a road. Chadler for example. Stillwater is also fairly easy.

I'm glad the Los Cabos in Jenks is better than the one in BA. We've been to the one by the Bass Pro twice and that was twice too many. It was horrible both times and we couldn't find anyone to tell either time.
145 rwhp, 272 rwtq

2001 Lightning #127
13.18@104, no chip, no pulley, no nitrous

Confuscious say "Man who have no use for jackstand have promising career as jackstand".
Old 03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Postmaster

Silver Streak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUSH_STAGE3150
Do you know anything about the DYNO DAY being setup yet?
We need to have at least 6 or 8 commit before we can do it. Last I checked there were only 4 or5, but it's been a few days.
145 rwhp, 272 rwtq

2001 Lightning #127
13.18@104, no chip, no pulley, no nitrous

Confuscious say "Man who have no use for jackstand have promising career as jackstand".
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Postmaster

NoMo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
We need to have at least 6 or 8 commit before we can do it. Last I checked there were only 4 or5, but it's been a few days.
I'm still in with two vehicles... as long as no one minds if I bring a Chevy as well as my F250.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Junior User

Twohands is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking maggies for friday...

just in case you might care to check out the sports bar at the Marriott on South Lewis (across the river from Jenks) they serve some very good margaritas and there is some rather high caliber karaoke session about 9pm if you like some really inexpensive (wide variety too) entertainment. something for everyone...

90 Bronco 4.9L/300-5spd (LilBlue Alaska rig)
79 F250 Explorer 351M400-C6 (Big Blue 4x4)
77 F250 HiBoy 351M400-Granny4spd (Ol' Red 4x4)
Old 03-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
There used to be a pretty good restaurant at Riverside.

Where's he taking lessons at? I flew out of there for the first time last weekend. It's a lot easier at international.

The solo cross country really isn't that nerve racking. There are lots of places to go that only require you to identify and follow a road. Chadler for example. Stillwater is also fairly easy.

I'm glad the Los Cabos in Jenks is better than the one in BA. We've been to the one by the Bass Pro twice and that was twice too many. It was horrible both times and we couldn't find anyone to tell either time.
He's flying a Cessna 172 out of RoadHouse. Went on his night cross country last night (Friday). Wish the wind would die down so he can fly solo.

The restaurant isn't there anymore, but it does look like someone is trying to open one up on Piper Drive there. At least that's what it looks like in the window when we drive past it.

Food at the Los Cobos in Jenks is pretty good. We just ordered the Sampler though. The Margaritta's were to sour for us, but the rum and coke was good.
2000 Ranger Regular cab
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter