Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Elder User

fflintstone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydist
I just took off my upper intake manifold this weekend (to put on the supercharger!) and I discovered that it was just starting to leak at the #1 cylinder. The upper intakes have O-rings to seal them, so I'm guessing that just re-torquing the bolts would have solved the problem. I'd definitely try that before I took the whole thing apart...
supercharger!!! I love it. Ya live and learn eh? Hope it all works out for ya. Have fun with it. It's a good engine.

Fred
Old 03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Elder User

rubydist is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fflintstone
supercharger!!! I love it. Ya live and learn eh? Hope it all works out for ya. Have fun with it. It's a good engine.

Fred
Thanks. Here's some eye candy for you:

Click the image to open in full size.

Don't have any dyno data yet, since it hasn't been tuned, but it runs well and has a bunch more torque than it did last week!

Will post some dyno data as soon as I get it tuned and go to the dyno.
94 SHO performance white/gray, atx
93 SHO royal blue/gray, atx
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Post Fiend

Rockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Will post some dyno data as soon as I get it tuned and go to the dyno.
Please do Fred!

Quote:
I just took off my upper intake manifold this weekend (to put on the supercharger!) and I discovered that it was just starting to leak at the #1 cylinder. The upper intakes have O-rings to seal them, so I'm guessing that just re-torquing the bolts would have solved the problem. I'd definitely try that before I took the whole thing apart...
Unless I was really pinched for cash, then I'd have to agree with MRG, it's probably better to just go ahead and replace the gaskets. Ford has upgraded the SOHC intake gaskets over the years - the quality of the current version is 10x better than factory.
Ford Pics

Last edited by Rockledge; 03-07-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
01, 1987, 30, 40, ford, intake, manifold, mercedes, ranger, removal, remove, sohv, sport, trac, upper