2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Lariat PowerFold Mirror Option Difficulties

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:57 PM
jenerator
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Lariat PowerFold Mirror Option Difficulties

Hey guys, I have been enjoying my new Lariat for the past 3 weeks now. She is a great truck.
When I ordered her, I chose the "Power Heated Black Mirrors w/Signal". On the website, which I used to pick all the options I wanted, if you click the "more info" link, a window will pop up giving you more information, which states "Power fold with self-dimming feature (drivers side only)".

I wanted the power folding feature because I travel on a ferry often and its a tight fit sometimes. I figured that the feature would be a good idea. And the option is $200 CAN, so I figured, why not.

Long story short, the truck did not come with the "Power Fold" mirrors. I was told buy the dealership that it was not ordered with them. And that the Lariats do not have that feature or option. Only the King Ranch and Harley Davidson models have this option. In addition, the dealership said that if I wanted them installed, they would cost $700 per mirror.

I have talked to the dealership and the Ford customer service center. I have gone back to the website and printed out the option page for the Lariats, which detail the "Power fold mirrors" and I plan to pursue this further with the Ford Customer Service Center.

Has anyone ordered a Lariat with these mirrors? What do you guys think about the service?

Old 02-23-2007, 11:26 PM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a SCrew? The documentation I see says the power folding mirror is only available as an option on the SCrew (without the Harley or KR pkg). Why not a SCab, I dunno.

Anyway, I'm assuming you built a truck on the website and submitted it to the dealer through the internet. Correct?

If so, it's still up to some dude at the dealership to punch it in to the ordering computer there which is just one source of failure. You, as the informed consumer, have to double check their work to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. Kinda sad in this computer age, but true. The "Build & Price" app leads you to believe you're filling out some sort of checklist for them, but from what I've seen, it just spits an email at them with a list of your chosen options and is easily goofed up.

I've been through it. I swear their computer lets them save their own preferences for ordering trucks for the lot, and when you come in with a specific list, they easily overlook things like special mirrors (or seats even). "Mirrors... yep, it's gots mirrors". When ordering mine, they screwed up so much stuff on the first, internet generated pass, I knew I was going to have to go sit down with them and go through every single item and make sure the bottom line matched exactly what I was expecting. It took at least three tries to get it right. I didn't even consider the power folding mirrors, so I'm not much help there. I should see next week whether the truck actually comes with what I wanted.

I'm afraid you're just wasting your time trying to get them to correct it for free or even the $200 option price now.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:43 PM
jenerator
Freshman User
VFRman, I didnt order the truck through the website, I just printed out the summary after I selected all the things I wanted.

Then I went to the dealership and they ordered it.

I acually signed the printout saying that that was the truck that I ordered.

It has the Power Heater Black Mirrors on the printout.

Also I asked the salesman more that once about this specific option.

I have the proof, and I want an answer from Ford.

My truck is a 2007 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 with a 5.5 ft bed.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:20 AM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's the semantics that tripped up the whole thing.

The standard Lariat mirrors are listed as:
Sideview mirrors — Black, power heated with turn-signal indicator and
auto-dimming driver’s-side feature

The Lariat SCrew optional mirrors are listed as:
Sideview mirrors — Power heated, power-folding with turn-signal
indicator and auto-dimming driver’s-side feature (SuperCrew only)

You're missing the power-folding part on your printout. We're all just human. You know in your head what you want, they hear what you say and think they know what you want but are biased by their previous experiences, so it still gets fooked in the end.

If they didn't show you a printout with the list and invoice prices for each option, I can see how it got missed. If they did, and you didn't notice there was no additional cost adder for the mirrors, then I think you'll have to kick yourself too.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 AM
jenerator
Freshman User
VFRMan, I agree it probabley is a semantics issue.

But I did order the upgraded mirrors. I selected the deluxe mirror package.

The Power Heated Black Mirrors w/ Signal (according to the website) are supposed to be power folding.

I think Ford installed the wrong mirrors.

If they did not, then they will change their website.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:40 PM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Your a little late to be chasing this problem. That needed to be done before you signed all the paperwork at time of purchase.

Now if you look on your window sticker and it shows you paid for the power folding mirror, drivers side. Then you have something to complain about.

FWIW, my 2007 F150 brochure states late availability on these mirrors. So even if you ordered them you might have been too early for that to actually go thru. My guess is if you look at the fine print, associated with the order, Ford probably has a statement that they have the right to make changes to the order based on availability or other reasons.

Give it a while, start searching ebay for the mirror and install it. I'm sure, like most everything, it will show up on ebay.

Enjoy your 07. They are nice trucks!!!. I know I'm enjoying mine

Old 02-25-2007, 12:16 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by jenerator
VFRMan, I agree it probabley is a semantics issue.

But I did order the upgraded mirrors. I selected the deluxe mirror package.

The Power Heated Black Mirrors w/ Signal (according to the website) are supposed to be power folding.

I think Ford installed the wrong mirrors.

If they did not, then they will change their website.

when I goto the Ford website, it says the Lariat screw comes standard with the deluxe mirror package. The package is just the power heated side mirrors with turn signals and self-dimming driver's side mirror, and self-dimming rear view mirror. (self-dimming driver's side mirror is new for 2007).

To get the Power fold mirrors, they are listed as a $160 option, specifically listed as "Power Fold Side Mirrors." It says the mirrors include heat, turn signal, puddle lamps, and self-dimming feature (driver's side only).

Seems pretty clear to me. Either they changed the wording, or you just simply did not chose that option.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 02-25-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:51 PM
jenerator
Freshman User
Steve, I see where your coming from.

The problem is that I selected the options form the Ford Canada website. The wording is a little different.

I dont have the window sticker, but I do have the order sheet that I printed out. That is what i am going to go with.

I will let you guys know how I make out.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 AM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to throw in a wrench, but why not just manually fold the ones you have?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Jenerator, I think you're right. If I were you I'd bug the hell out of Ford Corporate and the dealer and bring whatever proof of your initial request you can. After all, this is only a $160 option and for the price you paid for the truck you should be COMPLETELY satisfied, whether or not you caught the oversight before or after you signed to accept the truck. Ford Co. is in a lot of trouble financially and it's issues like this that cost them repeat customers. I'm on my fourth Ford since 2001, so obviously I've been fairly pleased. But something like an overlooked option would really chap my hide every time I made a payment.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 PM
edgl
Elder User
I think he should have his mirrors. He wanted an option, and was denied.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Dozier
New User
I have a 2007 F150 S-Crew Lariat. The Power Folding Mirror function no longer works. The adjustment functions do work. Is the problem isolated to the Driver Side Control Switch or could there be a relay or fuse issue?

Also, I can only operate the power windows from the driver side Master Control Switch. I replaced the Driver Master Control Switch and the condition did not change. I checked all related fuses and rotated Relays and was unable to isolate the problem into the Fuse/Relay Box. What else could be blocking power from getting to the other windows when the Driver Side Window Lock Switch is off?

Last edited by Dozier; 06-23-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 06-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Dozier
New User
2007 F150 Power Window and Folding Mirror Problems

I have a 2007 F150 S-Crew Lariat. The Power Folding Mirror function no longer works. The adjustment functions do work. Is the problem isolated to the Driver Side Control Switch or could there be a relay or fuse issue?

Also, I can only operate the power windows from the driver side Master Control Switch. I replaced the Driver Master Control Switch and the condition did not change. I checked all related fuses and rotated Relays and was unable to isolate the problem into the Fuse/Relay Box. What else could be blocking power from getting to the other windows when the Driver Side Window Lock Switch is off?