Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wooddyusa

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Let's get some action going in here!!!

Come on... Let's hear from some people. I''m sure we have some things we can talk about...

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Senior User

kcidmil is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well maybe a tentative plan could be started up for a meet or something? I would jump straight in, but I haven't been there in quite a few years, so I don't know what all areas there are for open spots and such.

00 F-250 XLT 7.3L, 6 Spd 4x4, 3.73
2.5" Cage Offroad Leveling kit
16x10 Ion Alloy 165
Super Swamper Truxus A/T 35"s
www.cardomain.com/id/kcidmil
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
We had a good time a few years ago at an Iggy's in Layton. There was plenty of parking and right off of I-15. Might be something to think about again. I don't know too many places in Ogden or in the surrounding areas, but it would be nice to find a place we can all meet and do a photo, etc, of the group.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Senior User

I would be gamed, provided I'm there in time for it. Here's a small suggestion. I'm a moderator over on the Nissanfrontier.org forum. I posted up a a link to a Frapper map allowing everyone to put on there where they lived, Zip Code only of course.

That would help in showing where people are at in the state, and give a good idea where to locate everything centrally. Otherwise the logical place would be just south of SLC. Which would be fine by me. I'll just have to push all the little cars out of my when I'm driving down there... LOL.

Layton's fine, since I'll be working Hill anyway. Where I'm at now I have to drive 15 minutes into town, so small road trips are nothing to me.

16x10 Ion Alloy 165
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Senior User

exposition is starting off with a positive reputation.
New Guy

I live in Houston but maintain a residence in SLC . I keep my Xcursion up there permanently . We have skied ,camped , Canoe'd , fished ,fossil digging up there all the time over the past 40 yrs.
We're looking forward to doing more exploring in the Moab region . We love our X . I'm a member here in Texas .
Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Junior User

utahstroke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

I'm game, the Iggy's idea sounds good. Snowing like mad in the Upper Weber Canyon at the moment. I pray we don't loose any one to an avalanche this weekend. Best wishes to all.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Been a while since I've been on here but I'm still game for a get together. Although I am in Oklahoma city for a couple more weeks. I'll get back around the 16th of March, then I have to see what my work schedule is going to be. Then I leave again in May for 2 weeks, then again in June for another 2 weeks.

There is a new place in Layton called Maccools. Its an Irish type pub. Right around the corner from Iggy's. Parking isn't great but is sufficient. Or Iggy's, or Roosters, or down to Hooters in Sandy, or Q4U.......
Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Senior User

sltrrco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just wait Q4U is buying the old JB restaurant in Kearns. Let wait tell they get it remodel and have a meet there.

2004 Ford Excursion V-10 6.8L. SOSC EFI, 3.73 Non-limited Slip Rear Axle, 137" Wheelbase
Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Postmaster

It's about time you show up around here Mike...

Hurry up and get back in town. I've got a new family member that will be here in September, so I need a hand getting the basement finished....

Old 02-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Senior User

Just talking about places to eat is driving me nuts. It's been so long. Carl's Jr, A little place outside Brigham called "Calls Burger" I believe? Little burger joint there in Roy that if you tried sucking their shakes through a straw, you'd suck down the straw first.

Just Carl's Jr alone has me jumping around ready to go. It's amazing just what 2 more burgers than Hardees will do. MMMMM STAR BURGER!

I had heard they closed down the Fun Dome and put in a restruant?!?! Any truth to this?

16x10 Ion Alloy 165
Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Granny Annies up in Kaysville might be an option. It's right off the Kaysville 2nd North exit of I-15. Kind of a sit-down home-town cafe type of place. Depending on how many people want to go eat, they can open up a larger banquet area to keep everyone in the same area.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 02-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXP
It's about time you show up around here Mike...

Hurry up and get back in town. I've got a new family member that will be here in September, so I need a hand getting the basement finished....
New family member? At your age? I guess congratulations are in order for you and Anne.
Sure you want my help finishing the basement? Took me a year just to finish one room. Can't stand mudding and taping. But I'm game once I get back.

Ben, are you talking about Burger Bar in Roy. Last time I had one of their shakes I think I about blew a gasket. Jaw hurts just thinking about it. If you want a big burger you should try a quadruple ben .

Last edited by mjwhip2; 02-24-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Senior User

It's been a few years since I been there, but I believe that's the place. I remember we had to walk up to the window to order everything.

16x10 Ion Alloy 165
Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
New family member? At your age? I guess congratulations are in order for you and Anne.
Sure you want my help finishing the basement? Took me a year just to finish one room. Can't stand mudding and taping. But I'm game once I get back.
At my age..... you ***.....

Yeah... I remember seeing your tape and mud job...
Did you ever fix that wall?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm good for anything and anywhere we decide. Sounds like we have plenty of choices for where to go - how about a date? Mike won't be back until the 16th (even though we don't need him to have a good time ) - what does everyone else have on their calendar?

Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Senior User

Well I won't be there till end of June... and probably won't be settled into a house till mid July.

But if you planned on somethign earlier, go ahead.

16x10 Ion Alloy 165
Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter

Tags
165, alloy, cardomain, ion