Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2007, 08:27 PM
New User

bigfiretruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question bicycle rack for hard tonneau cover

I have ahard tonneau cover on my '05 F150 screw. Does anyone of any bicycle racks similar to roof-top carriers for hard tonneau covers?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Elder User

Y-Blockhead is starting off with a positive reputation.
That would be awesome, but I haven't seen any. I'm going to watch this thread for responses... anybody??
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior User

rpxr400 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i don't know how you could get away with it without drilling holes into the cover. If you're ok with that, take a look at these links...

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...20Acce ssories

Another place is Performance Bike
http://www.performancebike.com/shop...ategory_ID=4414
Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Posting Guru

KevinM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Why not just use a hitch mount, and keep from drilling into the hard cover. Keep in mind these are fiberglass covers and could start getting stress cracks from the vibration of wind buffeting along with chasis vibrations. Boats get them all the time.

I have an A.R.E whichare pretty thick and heavy painted to match the truck, and even though they have one as an option, I wouldn'tdo it. I use a Thule hitch mount.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Senior User

Big is starting off with a positive reputation.
I couldn't open the links above so I did a quick search on the sites. I used to frequent them, uhh frequently. I didn't find anything quickly but I know I have seen ways to mount roof racks on top of a hard toneau or a pop up camper. I really like roof racks over hitch racks especially on top of a tonneau because they are out of the way of getting backed into. However they are in the wind more, but on a tonneau, the bikes are partly blocked by the cab. Plus, if you are pulling a camper or other trailer, a hitch mount won't fly.

Big
Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 PM
New User

RusherRacing is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trac Rack makes one designed for toppers. I would think it would work with a hard tonneau.
http://www.tracrac.com/caprac/caprac.html
Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 PM