Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Postmaster

rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.
Lucas UCL and Techron

Just added LUCL to my two cars (waiting on the truck)...would it be a "waste" to throw in 24 oz of Techron Concentrate into my next tank of gas?
2001 SCrew Lariat 4x4 5.4L 4R70W 3.55 's LS
Conti eco tires, K&N Series 77 CAI
Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Post Fiend

Rockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to behold
Both products profess to do pretty much the same thing. So why not wait the recommended 3K or so until the next treatment?
Ford Pics
Old 02-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Postmaster

rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockledge
Both products profess to do pretty much the same thing. So why not wait the recommended 3K or so until the next treatment?
great point/question.....i've just been reading that the Techron is stronger/better.
2001 SCrew Lariat 4x4 5.4L 4R70W 3.55 's LS
Conti eco tires, K&N Series 77 CAI
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Post Fiend

Rockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsylvstr
great point/question.....i've just been reading that the Techron is stronger/better.
Actually, I use both Lucas and Techron, I think they both are products that in fact do what they say they will do. I feel they work well in my vehicles, in any case.

FWIW, I tend to use the Lucas more during the warmer weather, it seems to be a little thicker in consistency when it's cold. The Techron, on the other hand, is always the same liquid form, even when cold. Just my preference.
Ford Pics

Last edited by Rockledge; 02-19-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
I agree. I add one at every oil change.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System

Tags
chevron, clubrsx, concentrate, explorer, ford, lucas, lucus, products, review, reviews, techron, treatment, ucl, versus, vs