6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

I drove it!!!!!!!!! fx4 crew cab short bed 250

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:57 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats alot for a new 1.5 ton, 40 k for a work truck, dang!!!!

our new 07 6.7 cummins was only like 34k and its loaded for a chassie cab, cd and nice seats chrome wheels.......6spd..

6k is a big diff for the working man.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:30 AM
ffdemoss
Senior User
Did the 2006 KR have an audio adapter in the dash? Did the 06 have 8 speaker stereo with subwoofer? Did the 06 meet 07 emissions? Did the 06...you could play this game all day. Two KR's of different years will not cost the same...ever. More options become standard everyday. Did you know in 1989 you could buy a F150 Lariat with bench cloth seats and a 4.9L I6 and 5spd? Now Lariat comes standard with the big V8 and leather buckets with a floor shift (no stick is even offered). Sure, it costs more than it did in 1989...but it is not comparing apples to apples. That same 1989 truck would be equvilant to an XL truck today.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:35 AM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Once you get all the options, high price is kinda moot as it's going to cost an arm and a leg anyway.

But a stripped down XL for 40K is rediculous.

Mike

Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
jaybird
Senior User
Comparing apples to apples(lol):
Which would you choose :
A fully loaded CC 4x4 NEW 06 lariat pkg or KR or
A plain jane no optioned 08 4x4 cc cloth interior ?

Lesser expensive fully loaded older model versus a dull ugly non-optioned 08 if I had to choose 1 Iguess I would have to choose all the bells and whistles over the newer model;the 6.4 is wow but it ain't worth buying too me unless I can get a dressed up one .

My point is no one that is buying an 08 for personal use/taste is going to be wanting a plain boring no thrills 08 when they have been previously used to owning an optioned out KR or lariat versions standard..That means we are left at the mercy of the price that a lariat or king ranch will cost and 55,000 dollars is the going price right now for a nicely optioned 08 that we are used to desiring and demanding nowadays..900-1100 A MONTH IS THE AVERAGE MONTHLY PAYMENT FOR 55,000 -60,000 ON THESE LUXURY TRUCKS.
How bout a 08 lariat 4x4 6.4 cc for 41,000-43,000 thats more appropriate for todays economy!! Forget about the options its got its more about what a lariat pkg or KR pkg cost now versus just a few years ago when we were still making the same wages we are now.

What would be the point of buying the 08 if you could not get to actually enjoy its perks.Personal use not buisness use guys..
To each his on take but I know those 08 prices are getting on up there in a hurry price wise..

Last edited by jaybird; 02-16-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:23 AM
ffdemoss
Senior User
Originally Posted by jaybird
Comparing apples to apples(lol):
How bout a 08 lariat 4x4 6.4 cc for 41,000-43,000 thats more appropriate for todays economy!! Forget about the options its got its more about what a lariat pkg or KR pkg cost now versus just a few years ago when we were still making the same wages we are now.
You can price out a Lariat on Edmunds for a MSRP of $50,000 (well eqquiped) which mean you'll only pay $45,000. With 3% inflation that is almost right in-line with what you want (compared to last year). And in todays economy where the stock market is setting new records every day and growth has been avaeraging above 3% per year and taxes are lower than ever $45,000 for a luxury truck sounds pretty good. I am sorry your wages are not increasing but a lot of peoples are and therefore a lot of people can afford a $45,000 luxury pick-up. If your wages aren't increasing maybe you don't need seat warmers or an 8 speaker stereo system in the first place.

I love how people think luxury items cost too much. Luxury items...as if the bare minimum is not good enough for them so manufacturers should make luxury more affordable.

"Damn you to hell Ford, I need leather and I want it cheap. None of that cloth for my ***!"

Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 PM
OTTOMATIC
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The price of Fords and the reliability of the 6.0 is why I bought an 06 Duramax . The Duramax had 0% financing and was $5,000.00 less.

FYI you can write the FULL purchase price of a truck over a certain GVW so in reality if you make 80 grand a year you can take the truck price off the top and only pay taxes on the balance. Talk to an accountant

one other thing , when I paid 16 grand for my brand new 86 6.9 XLT Supercab everyone thought I was crazy. but I did get 450,000 mi out of it

Last edited by OTTOMATIC; 02-16-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:19 PM
jaybird
Senior User
Originally Posted by ffdemoss
You can price out a Lariat on Edmunds for a MSRP of $50,000 (well eqquiped) which mean you'll only pay $45,000. With 3% inflation that is almost right in-line with what you want (compared to last year). And in todays economy where the stock market is setting new records every day and growth has been avaeraging above 3% per year and taxes are lower than ever $45,000 for a luxury truck sounds pretty good. I am sorry your wages are not increasing but a lot of peoples are and therefore a lot of people can afford a $45,000 luxury pick-up. If your wages aren't increasing maybe you don't need seat warmers or an 8 speaker stereo system in the first place.

I love how people think luxury items cost too much. Luxury items...as if the bare minimum is not good enough for them so manufacturers should make luxury more affordable.

"Damn you to hell Ford, I need leather and I want it cheap. None of that cloth for my ***!"
Actually my wages are increasing with a cola every year but not enough to pay for everything maybe enough to pay for the 55,000 truck and then what about all the other bull crap that the states,fed,gov,and living commerce is demanding to stay together nowadys..
Yes I do agree that the 08 is actually only about 3,000 more than an 07 but we are getting a navigation,sirrus,mp3 port,tailgate,etc..
So yes the 08 is actually alot better deal than the 07's
My beef is that these truck prices have sky rocketted over the last 3yrs compared to beyond those 3 years..
I think a fact that I make is the fact that there are still so many 51,000 msrp 07 6.0 laraits still not sold sitting on lots all across the us to this day..
I see 07 6.0 lariats on lots for 51,000 without nav,6.4tt,sirrus,tailgate,etc
and yet an 08 is 6.4 lariat msrp is 53,000 so yes the 08 is the better deal with more googoo gahgah toys than the 07's but they are still priced as high as a LUXURY VEHICLE we lariat owners should be able to continue to get a fully optioned 08 lariat for about 41-43,000MSRP not 53-55,000 msrp figures(these are msrp so everything else follows accordingly)..
New duramax allison cc 4x4's are priced to sell at 41-43 loaded right now thats why there are so many new duramaxes out there ;they are priced well and optioned too with the middle wage income bracket in mind not higher wage bracket.
I can't seem to make more than fed cola will give me if you want to know I net 59,640 this current year with the current oct cola set..
Thats my net wages not my wifes..
I believe that its my truck not my wifes so we should not have to take from two wages to make a monthly truck payment and raise 4 children comfortably..
Thats what it comes down too I do the literally unthinkable and buy a 55,000 truck and deprive my children from their childhoods?
So many other family's have been placed in that position and live with nice luxury vehicles and yet they can't afford to take there children anywhere or buy them too much because of indebtness to the masses of dictatorship..
It just happens to be that I don't want a new duramax but I have thought about the reality that if I don't trade up soon then my truck will be getting older and could present unwarrantied repairs just cause its old and more vulnerable too natural wear and tear..
I don't want a duramax I want a 6.4 but hey I can afford a new 6.4 but I can't afford what impact it would have on my family's very comfortable livelyhood ..
What gets me is that dealers are hurting too and so is ford and so you guessed it so are we..
HMM,,Why is that???

Last edited by jaybird; 02-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:21 AM
sjprice
Senior User
Reality is, a Super Duty Lariat IS a luxury vehicle! Just compare options to any Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Cadillac etc. Same features, now let's compare cost, and then lets look at what the vehicle is capable of. Okay a four door one ton truck that will pull up to 24,500 pounds and seats 4 adults comfortably vs a four door sedan that seats 4 adults comfortably and will fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk. Oh and have you tried to get a loaded luxury sedan for under 50K.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 AM
ffdemoss
Senior User
All I am saying is if the main reason you choose a truck is because it had heated seats and navigation system then you really needed a luxury car. If you buy a truck to tow 24,500 then you most likely don't need heated seats or navigation. If you want those items then you must pony up the cash for them. So if the decision becomes heated seats and navigation system or college for the kid that should be a no brainer. But blaming Ford and their high prices for makng you make that decision is stupid. Sure, all American automakers are hurting. But that is because they have failed to provide the consumer with what they want...reliability and a good price. You can get a good price on a Ford...but reliability is sometimes questionable.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
These 08 prices will seem like a steal when you price out a 2010.