General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Got 2 parking tickets

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:03 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got 2 parking tickets

Heres one that has me as upset as a wet hen. The city inspector came on to my property when I wasnt home and gave me one ticket for parking beside my driveway on my grass, an another ticket for having my fairlane (being preped for paint) parked in front of my garage because it had a flat tire. The first thing I did was remove the muffler so now I guess they can come and give me another ticket for noise,,,,,LORD. I just took the fairlane out of my shop 3 days ago too....What a friggin joke........Im not moving anything till they send the cops......

Old 02-14-2007, 04:20 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A ticket for parking in the grass beside your driveway??

What does the law for that city state? I'm sure there are laws like this in most major cities but they probably aren't enforced mainly because no one complains and the city inspectors have better things to do.

Makes me glad I have to drive 4 miles to the nearest town.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:23 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
That would seem to be pretty draconian. In fact, it almost sounds like you've made some enemies at some point.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:25 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
hey, its those great property rights everyone keeps talking about.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 PM
cdrmotorsports
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, I'm so glad I live out in the country. I'd have so many fines.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
You should take the ticket to court...

Old 02-14-2007, 05:34 PM
seadoo
Senior User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Unless these are legitimate code violations, the one for parking on the grass is one that many localities have. We have that one here, before it was put into effect there were many homes that had front yards that were partial dirt pits from people parking all over them.

The flat tire one I would be upset with, but as stated the car is being preped for paint so it probaly dosen't look all that good and maybe the code enforcement officer thought it was a inop vehicle, which again many areas have rules against.

Now the question is how did code enforecment find out about this, where they just driving through looking for violations as they do here monthly, or have you annoyed on of your neighbors and one of them reported you, my feeling is the latter might be the case

Old 02-14-2007, 06:01 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by seadoo
Unless these are legitimate code violations, the one for parking on the grass is one that many localities have. We have that one here, before it was put into effect there were many homes that had front yards that were partial dirt pits from people parking all over them.

The flat tire one I would be upset with, but as stated the car is being preped for paint so it probaly dosen't look all that good and maybe the code enforcement officer thought it was a inop vehicle, which again many areas have rules against.

Now the question is how did code enforecment find out about this, where they just driving through looking for violations as they do here monthly, or have you annoyed on of your neighbors and one of them reported you, my feeling is the latter might be the case
.I called the inspector and he said there had been no complaint, that while in my neighborhood on another matter he spoted my cars........He said the city rules say that you can not park on the grass in front of your house and that the only problem with the fairlane was the flat tire making it appear undriveable. I quickly told him the fairlane WASNT A JUNKER BUT A VERY VALUABLE CAR. Solution= pump up the tire and put the other car BESIDE the house or on gravel not the grass. Im glade it wasnt a neighbor but I also told him that there were many violations worse than mine near by and I couldnt understand why I was singled out. He said he would be on the look out for the others.....Thank GOD he doesnt know about my other 5 cars and boat parked across town....

Last edited by thefarelaneman; 02-14-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by seadoo
Even if they are legitimate violations it is worth it to take the ticket to court. First of all, you are exercising your right to a trial. Second, the guy that gave you the ticket must show up to court and prove that you broke the law. Innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof is on him.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:19 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by thefarelaneman
.Thank GOD he doesnt know about my other 5 cars and boat parked across town....
He does now. I've got to tell you, I just depise people like you. We have these rules for a reason, we don't need white trash like you keeping these junkers around dragging down our property values.

KIDDING, I'M JUST KIDDING!

But did I have you going for a moment?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:30 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I got a ticket for my sons car a while back. I just moved it in the 10 day limit & avoided court. I let my 68 Falcon sit in my driveway 10 yrs by keeping current tags & ins on it. I can't wait to retire & move to my 60 acres in north Louisiana. I hate living in the city.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
I had a code enforcement officer after me one time ("no parking on front yard unless established driveway") So I "established" a driveway by puting white painted rocks at end of property lines.The officer didn't like it but, never came back.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 PM
smokestone52
Elder User
Yessir, many citys (read Sh#ties) have laws on the books, stating you may not park or even pull a automobile onto any grass, gravel, dirt, or other. In the land of the great liberel, Las Vegas. You can only park a vechicle on concrete, or asphalt. He he

I have a small property. I ripped out ALL my grass and cut down two big trees. Because they fined me for parking on MY grass and washing my vehicles. Now I have pea gravel, mixed with sand, and compacted.

Yep that is the city of Las Vegas, standard to park your vehile on your property.

Looks like hell I might add, but Las Vegas is hell! As most cities are! Dumb people, who think thery are smart. And they stand on 6 inch centers!

Oh, I ain't from the city. And I ain't gonna be here much longer.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:02 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
In most municipalities across the country they have decriminalized parking tickets. Meaning there is no day in court to be had. Most allow for an appeals process but the same people that wrote you the ticket are responsible for reading the appeals.

I caution you about not paying the tickets as the city can and will lein your property if they so desire and or make it so you can not register until the fine is paid.

Your state/city may be different so read the back of the ticket

Old 02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
We have similar laws where I live. In a city near me you can only have your garage door open during certain hours and only for so long at a time (like 30 minutes) during those times. I end up with a car on the grass occasionally but with kids home for the holidays and relatives coming and going what else can I do. Parking is not allowed on the street either, nor on any street near me. I can fit 6 cars in the drive tho. I wonder what the law would say if I placed concrete on the entire front yard and covered it with astro-turf? Would I still be parking on the grass?

Quick Reply: Got 2 parking tickets