2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prewired for fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:30 PM
rickschramm
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prewired for fog lights?

I was wondering if my 2006 F-150 was prewired for fog lights. I found the relay installed and then I traced the wiring here. Can anyone tell me if this is where they plug in at? The part between my thumb and index finger is just a plastic terminating plug. I am unsure what the plastic block is that has the bar code on it but the plug is wired into it prior to the wire running over to the right side of the truck behind the headlight. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:50 PM
db_tanker
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heh I was just getting ready to ask that question...

got the wiring diagram printed out and was looking at the back of the dash switch and found it completely wired...

I assume from your statement that the relay is already installed? I will have to check this on mine...

I already have a light bar and fog-lights on the way so it will be a little bit easier than I thought to set this up.

D

Old 02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
SNOWMAN34
Freshman User
I think that block your talking about may be for the daytime running lights. Just a thought. On my 350 the fog lights run off the headlamp switch.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
db_tanker
Elder User
rickschramm,

what plug did you find and where at?

I double-checked my wiring on the back-side of the switch as well as the fuse/relay block on the pass side...all is there I just need to find where the wires are under the hood.

D

Old 02-20-2007, 02:55 PM
rickschramm
Freshman User
Here you go if this lousey web site will keep the picture up. I already had it up once in the first post now all you can see is the place holder. I tried to put it back up but now the edit icon is gone....so, that said let me try again. I have a couple of pictures but the message program doesn't want to let me put on any more than one at a time. I tried to send you my email address in a private message but the program thinks it's a web site and kills it. So, here is what I have. This is the front post of my 2006 screw. By the way, any chance I can get ahold of a copy of the wiring diagram you are using?

Good luck and let me know how it goes because I am right behind you.....

Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 AM
rickschramm
Freshman User
Here we go....I'll try it again

Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 AM
db_tanker
Elder User
tell you what...I am going to PM you with my email address...I will send you the Wiring diag. on the return.

D

Old 02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
rickschramm
Freshman User
Right on...please keep in touch and let me know how it goes. By the way, I was with 1st Tanks, 1st Div., CAMPEN and 1st Tracks, 3rd Div, Okinawa. M60 A1s

Old 02-26-2007, 01:17 PM
db_tanker
Elder User
little update...

OKAY...light bar and foglights are mounted (Ellis design bar and some 7" lights).

Switch that got sent to me was the wrong one, but Millenium Ford did me right and should have the proper one today.

Had to go to a junk yard to get an old plug. CJB # C270A is the one I found that has the output from the relay...12 pin black plug...pin 12...it is the Fog lamp relay switched power line. I am just going to run this single wire to the relay that came with the aftermarket lights. Run it to THAT relay and all should be well.

Last thing now I need to do is modify the relay so that it will stay on with the brights.

Almost there!

D

Old 02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
db_tanker
Elder User
ALLRIGHTY then.

Got my new headlight switch today (thanks Y2K Ford!!!) and plugs right up to the existing switch.

Mind you now, this may be a stumbling block for some out there...my truck as auto-headlights. Fog light capable switches might be only for those types of setups...so proceed at your own risk!

The vehicle is wired for fogs all the way up to the Central Junction Box on the inner kick panel passenger side front. Plug you will need to know about is C270A (already ID'd in a previous post). From here is where you have to start wiring...I got an old plug via a donor in the junkyard to salvage some of the wires/connectors out of the old plug. Use a small dental pick to disengage the keeper inside the plug. I wanted the WHOLE thing as it gives you several chances... Once I got the wire/connector out, I spliced on several feet of new wire. (I solder connectors for a living and thats what I did here, but a simple butt-splice terminal will work) I then ran the new wire across the lower section of the dash to the driver-side area...there is a rubber grommet above where the accelerator pedal is...I put a slit in the grommet so that it would seal back up after the wire was pushed through (easier to remove said grommet, then run wire, and slide grommet onto wire... ) Then take the feed wire and check for fire when the fogs come on, as well as when fogs/brights are on if you have done that mod as well (Which I did and its bueno). Most fog light kits you buy that are aftermarket will come with their own relay...I decided to use this as I plan on adding a second set of lights to the bar when my bonus comes around. That way, your not drawing too much current through that relay. its only rated for about 15 amps, IIRC, so be careful!!! Don't put in a higher rated fuse as thats asking for lots of melted wires!!!

hope this helps out some folks!

Darrell

Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by db_tanker

Switch that got sent to me was the wrong one, but Millenium Ford did me right and should have the proper one today.

D
YEA, SORRY ABOUT THAT! had my head up my **** on that one.

Ed

Old 06-22-2015, 03:22 PM
RAVILA
New User
Wondering

Originally Posted by rickschramm
Here we go....I'll try it again
Just curios if you ever found out what the item was you wondered about?

Thanx

Old 06-27-2015, 10:00 PM
air1jpg
Tuned
Originally Posted by RAVILA
Just curios if you ever found out what the item was you wondered about?

Thanx
I think that plug is for a temp sensor used on trucks with clusters that display the outside temp.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 AM
db_tanker
Elder User
wow...talk about some serious grave digging. I remember this!
the old 7" lights got swapped for some KC's...still work though.