Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Lightbulb Member created Directory

I got this idea, because I am new to the area, and I did not know where were the best places to go to get used parts or get work done if needed. I am hoping members will use this thread to help create a directory of good and bad places to go.

Example: Spokane, WA - Bubba's Junkyard 2950 Junkyard RD, Spokane, WA (555) 555-5555 is a great source for older F150 parts. Stay away from Howie's U Pick-em the prices are twice that of the dealer.

Eventually, it would be possible to solicit discounts for Chapter members from the businesses.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
I highly recommend Eastside Auto Wrecking in Bremerton ((360) 377-7651), they have (or at least had) a decent selection of older Ford truck parts.
I also recommend Belfair Auto Wrecking ((360) 275-6677), they are nice guys with good prices, decent selection.
Airport Auto in Port Orchard used to have a decent selection, but they scrapped out a ton of stuff, and they are a pain to deal with.
I have had a lot of success with car-part.com, they are an online junkyard resource, withy nationwide search. But, all yards aren't on it, so if anybody else has places to recommend, speak up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport
but i can't tell you where i am, i don't want the nice men in the white suits and hug me jackets finding me

Last edited by Ford_Six; 02-12-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
On Whidbey, the one and only real parts salvage is Christian's by Oak Harbor. Reasonable cost on prices, considering they have a monopoly. It's a final resting place for quite a few old Ford trucks, and all others too, to be parted out. But they don't keep many intact hulks for long.

Three generations of family own and operate it -- Grandpa makes the big deals, and a granddaughter runs the tractor and scrap steel yard.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
I knew it

Somehow I knew that you two would be the first respondants.

I am adding all input to an Excel spreadsheet. Eventually I hope to have it divided by repair section and area of the state. Once large enough, I will create a zip file that any member can request.

If anyone has other ideas on making this workable, please let me know.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Posting Guru

RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RexB is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Somehow I knew that you two would be the first respondants.
Yea, coming here is getting to be part of the morning routine to go with reading the news and the first cup of coffee.

Or maybe we're the only ones that have had to look for spare parts?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Postmaster

Ya can''t be the only two looking for parts...I prefer First On Race Day, but Ford trucks owners refuse to let them die and run them until they are broke, then fix'em. I guess that is where Fix Or Repair Daily comes in. LOL
Old 02-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Junior User

hackwillie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dealers and diesel techs

Okay, placermike suggested I post this question on this thread. I am looking for any info or advise on Ford dealers and their diesel techs in western wa. I've been looking at some trucks at Fugate Ford in Enumclaw and some others in that area. Wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Fugate or if there are any others you would recommend going to or advise staying away from.

Thanks placermike, you're doing a great job trying to get this chapter on its feet.

Rob
Old 02-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Posting Guru

Hi hackwillie, a new thread "Diesel Mech by Enumclaw?" or name your city might've worked better, it's hidden in here. I see your "Local dealers" thread. It doesn't look like there's a lot of diesel owners active in this chapter so any post will be shy on answers.

Anyhoo, you're pretty far away but here on Whidbey the best diesel and hydraulic mech is Rocky's Diesel on East Bay Dr. outside of Freeland. Trucks, boats, 'dozers, anything with a diesel in it.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Junior User

hackwillie is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks rex. Yeah, I kind of figured I was barking up the wrong tree in here since there isn't a whole lot of activity yet. Not a whole lot of WA guys in the diesel forum either.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:07 AM
Elder User

Eric C. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Only knowledge I got for the diesels is the prePowerStrokes and that's left over from the U-Haul mechanics time I did. I don't have the equipment to do PowerStrokes due to all the electronics they added.

I know there's a lot of good info in the diesel forums so you might try there.

I Love the smell of Diesel in the Morning, It's the smell of $$$$$$$
Old 02-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Postmaster

Exclamation

Unless any members are opposed, I am going to request that this thread is deleted. I created a new thread that is more seachable, and serves the original intent of this thread.

If you wish to recommend a shop or store, please go to 'Good Shops in the Evergreen State'.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Last edited by Placermike; 02-25-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwillie
thanks rex. Yeah, I kind of figured I was barking up the wrong tree in here since there isn't a whole lot of activity yet. Not a whole lot of WA guys in the diesel forum either.
Per chance it would be a good idea to start a Diesel thread in our chapter, then get members from the main forums.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placermike
Unless any members are opposed, I am going to request that this thread is deleted. I created a new thread that is more seachable... please go to 'Good Shops in the Evergreen State'.
Per chance it would be a good idea to start a Diesel thread in our chapter..
Good ideas; or just Close this one.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexB
Good ideas; or just Close this one.
Trigger informed me that I can let it die or request it to be closed. He also suggested that it can be a good idea to leave a slow thread open, because it may become a topic in the future. In this case, I think I will just let the thread die.

I started a 'more specific' thread and have pasted the posts that you and Ford_Six made. Hopefully that thread will will acheive the intended results.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter