Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Question Is everyone doing alright with the snow???

Just wanted to see how those of you who are getting snow are dealing with it? I know that some of you are getting dumped on so I hope you are doing alright. Please post up on how you are doing and if there is anything other members of the NY Chapter can do for you.

I hope everyone is doing well and be safe if you have to venture out in it.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
I believe Ronin was talking about the lake effect snow that BURIED Oswego county and surronding areas. How would you like to be in Redfield ????? According to the National Weather Service, they received 141" of snow over the 10 day event

On a similar note, is everyone getting ready for this storm that is heading this way???? I know that in my area I could be looking at 14" - 24" by the time this finishes tommorrow afternoon, and then we can get more from lake effect. Looks like it maybe time to put the truck in 4HI and have some fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Wallace 9/6/14 & Annabelle 10/15/14, man's best friends
Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Freshman User

cpf0300 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am not sure but if you guys or anyone you know needs help with the storm I am available to go to the buffalo area. I am from PA and have family in Buffalo and they keep telling me to come out and plow snow they are in desperate need. If anyone knows and needs help I am available to come up this afternoon. Thank you guys don't mean to sabatoge the thread.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Postmaster

rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.
yes, they can stop by and tow the New Holland TC35 tractor out for me LOL...got her stuck 3 times....she's out and plugged in, ready for the next wave...better install those chains!

'bout ready to install a plow on my F150 Screw
2001 SCrew Lariat 4x4 5.4L 4R70W 3.55 's LS
Conti eco tires, K&N Series 77 CAI
Old 02-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
we survived the valentines day storm. took 2 1/2 days to clean up the mess. at 9am i had to clean a path for sassy to pee
Click the image to open in full size.

NY problem solver dammit. R.I.P. Dono
Old 02-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
It seems everyone has survived the winter storm or storms depending on how you want to look at it. Being that I work for a non-profit that services people with disabilities we never close so I had to work. I would go out and plow both before and after work so that is why I have not been online. I have to head out here in a little bit and do some clean up work. Hopefully that be the end of it as I am so behind on things.

Hope everyone is well and didn't over do it with plowing, snow blowing, and shoveling!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior User

Jack_99V10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
GhostSquid
See... I complained about not being able to use my snow tires... and look what happens I love it.

I went to Charlotte on business last week while we got his with another foot. So I get a call from my fiance...
"I got my Jeep stuck in the driveway"
"Hook my truck up to it and pull it out."
"No way... how can I drive both of them?"
"You can leave it in park... just slide it back into the road and then make a path with my truck"
"NO"

I told her that her little Jeepers Creepers wasn't anything amazing in the snow, but she didn't listen. So I called a friend of mine for a favor. Diesel Dodge, front and rear plows. He pulls her out, and starts cleaning up the driveway... he gets stuck. Call #2:
"Luke got his truck stuck, but he got my Jeep out."
"Tell Luke to use my strap and my truck to get his POS out of the driveway"
"He is digging it out with a shovel"
"The keys are on the hook... tell him I don't care"
"He said that if he pulled his Dodge out with your Ford, you'd never let him live it down."
"Give him a hat and gloves then."

HAHA
I still won't let him live it down. He ended up moving my truck and parking it in my front lawn to plow where I was parked... he thought he got her stuck. When she jumped in to put it back and got out with 1/2 a spin, he just left with a smirk.

Thats my story... had to tell it to:
a. people who know what kind of snow we are dealing with
b. Ford Truck Men.

BTW - I'm up to about 20 vehicles I've gotten out of drifts and ditches... only 1 casualty.. and that was the hitch on the back of a utility truck. We still got him out though
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Senior User

gomersinner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Snowing tonight. Who else besides me, Lenny and Rsylvstr are getting it?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Postmaster

rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.rsylvstr has a very good reputation on FTE.
'bout 3" is all....of snow that is
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Post Fiend

lenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputationlenny1carl has a superb reputation
4" more here. went out to move the trucks, the f150 right out, try to start the van, hear a clunk, and find a broken starter bolt on the ground. time to shovel around that....

NY problem solver dammit. R.I.P. Dono
Old 02-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Senior User

gomersinner is starting off with a positive reputation.
4" in the driveway this morning.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
4-5" of the light fluffy lake snow on the ground this morning.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Senior User

Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.
best A/T tires for Western NY?

Hi all

looks like a lot of us got a small dusting of 4" or so last night.. Not much of a burden compared to those east of us...

While I am here.. I wonder if I can get some votes for good A/T tires for our part of the country.. I have another post going in another forum but thought you all might have some good ideas for me..

I have REVOs and was in love with 'em till this winter.. with about 38K miles they slide my "X" sideways and spin like they were bald.. I was looking at Goodyear wrangler silent guards.. any other input?

BTW I dont want to have to swap tires from summer to winter.. so need something that doesnt drown out conversation when cruising on the thruway..

Be safe and stay warm!

Bill
Prodigy Controller
Limo Tint/silver stars
Goodyear Silent Armor - Pro Grade (E)
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_T
Hi all

looks like a lot of us got a small dusting of 4" or so last night.. Not much of a burden compared to those east of us...

While I am here.. I wonder if I can get some votes for good A/T tires for our part of the country.. I have another post going in another forum but thought you all might have some good ideas for me..

I have REVOs and was in love with 'em till this winter.. with about 38K miles they slide my "X" sideways and spin like they were bald.. I was looking at Goodyear wrangler silent guards.. any other input?

BTW I dont want to have to swap tires from summer to winter.. so need something that doesnt drown out conversation when cruising on the thruway..

Be safe and stay warm!

Bill
well, since you already voted out the Revo's (which most will tell you that or the BFG TKO's are the best)...I can tell you I love my Cooper Discoverer ATR's, they are suprisingly QUIET, wear well and make the truck handle better than I imagined........and there are about 3 other models of Coopers that are even more aggresive...

BUT, then again, with 38k on your tires, aren't you expecting a bit much?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:28 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

+1 on the Cooper ATR's. I put them on my truck November 2005 and love them. Very quite and they give very good traction in the snow and on wet roads. Most of the time I will run around in 2 wheel with snow on the roads with very little slipping and spinning (I also have 4 tube sand bags in the bed). I had originally planned on putting Revo's on.... but for $200 more I just could not justify the cost.

FYI- I had prior to the ATR's the Discoverer AT's which worked well, but they are no longer made. The AT's are similar to the Discoverer HT's that are available. Good luck with your search

Old 02-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter

Tags
gets, holland, new, stuck, tc35