Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Seen A 2008 F-450!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:59 PM
OffRoadBandit
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC, already has his pampers on that's for sure.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Ford4-life
Senior User
Ive noticed that in the pass couple months the ford vs competition has been just a huge argument between all the members, lol Im loving it its so funny to read some of these. But the truck, I love it and cant wait to c 1.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
^^^^ i totally agree it seems like you can't even make a post here with out being post with-out get personally attacted .. i was thinking about joining club FTE but i'm starting to wonder if its really worth it

Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by linkinluver07
^^^^ i totally agree it seems like you can't even make a post here with out being post with-out get personally attacted .. i was thinking about joining club FTE but i'm starting to wonder if its really worth it
The Ford vs The Competition forum used to have a link to a set of specific guidelines. One excerpt read (I believe) thus:

"The purpose of this forum is to make intelligent posts. They don't have to be in favor of the thread's author, but they must be reasonable in any matter or direction. NO BRAND BASHING WILL BE ALLOWED! PERIOD!!"

The key words here in my opinion being "....to make intelligent posts...."

For what it's worth, maybe if these guidelines were reinstated, a few choice Users here would take heed.............I know, I know, just wishful thinking.

Fred?

Last edited by RocketScience; 02-14-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:27 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by linkinluver07
I try to read over every post in here... and I can't recall any personal attacks that I let slide.
If in the future you do happen to get "personally attacked" please use the report post button at the top right hand corner of the offending post - it sends an e-mail to me alerting me.

I have attempted to "ease off" on the moderation of this forum, primarily to allow more freedom (annecdotally there has been a lot more posts in this forum as of late), but, you ladies and gents are the users, so if at any point you are unhappy with the way its moderated, or you see areas of improvement, feel free to contact me (PM or e-mail) and hopefully we can accomodate you.
If you feel uncomfortable contacting me, feel free to contact one of the other moderators/admins, but I will attempt to assist as much as I can.
Originally Posted by RocketScience
The Ford vs The Competition forum used to have a link to a set of specific guidelines. One excerpt read (I believe) thus:

"The purpose of this forum is to make intelligent posts. They don't have to be in favor of the thread's author, but they must be reasonable in any matter or direction. NO BRAND BASHING WILL BE ALLOWED! PERIOD!!"

The key words here in my opinion being "....to make intelligent posts...."

For what it's worth, maybe if these guidelines were reinstated, a few choice Users here would take heed.............I know, I know, just wishful thinking.

Fred?
I think some people recieve enough punishment, be it on this forum, or life in general

DOHC and others - I removed your post, funny yes, deserved, maybe, inappropriate, and extremely harsh, most certain.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
xtrford
Posting Guru
I understand where you are coming from, some posts have been on the personal side, but others have been in a joking fashion. We have all been targeted at one point or another, and usually post counts seem to determine whether how harsh your comments are recieved.

I will apologize for what looks like to you, a personal attack, but really it was just a joke, maybe the timing sucked also. I also gave 93ranger a rep point for taking the amount of abuse he has endured after and before my last post.

No hard feelings alrighty.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:30 PM
tdister
Posting Guru
As much as I hate to be associated...

I was driving through Lampasas a couple times yesterday and spotted what I would guess were 2 2008 F250's (SRW anyway, 1 red and 1 black or dark gray) and 1 f350 (DRW couldn't read badge as it was behind me). All had very similar trailers and yellow front dealer advertising (looking) plates. They were definitely 08's, the grill and lights left no question.

Are they for sale or did I see some test trucks? I got some cell phone pics of the DRW, but they were by way of my drivers side mirror.

Last edited by tdister; 02-15-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Stalwart
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tdister
Are they for sale or did I see some test trucks? I got some cell phone pics of the DRW, but they were by way of my drivers side mirror.
I can't comment to what YOU saw, but I do know that they are out there and available. If I wasn't such a picky *******, and had to order one "my way," I could be driving one right now.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 PM
tdister
Posting Guru
Hey, you're right. Thanks for the info. There are quite a few on ebay right now, even one with a lift and tires. I just didn't expect them out so soon.

So, what is the bar that sticks straight up with the tailgate down? Is it just a rail to ease using the pull down step?

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Stalwart
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tdister
So, what is the bar that sticks straight up with the tailgate down? Is it just a rail to ease using the pull down step?
Just a grab bar, especially helpful the vertically challenged, like my wife. Sorry for the "bad" word, I was unaware that using a word that can be broadcast here in the States, and referring to myself, would be a problem.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
Originally Posted by BigF350
I try to read over every post in here... and I can't recall any personal attacks that I let slide.
If in the future you do happen to get "personally attacked" please use the report post button at the top right hand corner of the offending post - it sends an e-mail to me alerting me.

I have attempted to "ease off" on the moderation of this forum, primarily to allow more freedom (annecdotally there has been a lot more posts in this forum as of late), but, you ladies and gents are the users, so if at any point you are unhappy with the way its moderated, or you see areas of improvement, feel free to contact me (PM or e-mail) and hopefully we can accomodate you.
If you feel uncomfortable contacting me, feel free to contact one of the other moderators/admins, but I will attempt to assist as much as I can.
I think some people recieve enough punishment, be it on this forum, or life in general

DOHC and others - I removed your post, funny yes, deserved, maybe, inappropriate, and extremely harsh, most certain.

First off fred please feel free to back off more .. You are doing a great job and i like unlike some of the other sections of the site where threads get locked way too fast for sometimes petty reasons . but anyway xtrford dont take this to offense but i haven't the slightest idea who the hell you are or what you are even talking bout but anyways .. my post was aimed at 2 people and those 2 persons know exactly who i was talking about as soon as they read the post .. so don't take any kind of offense. still this is the best autosite out of the 6 others that i am a member of. although i'm not as.... how should I say "Loud" as I am on this one

Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
xtrford
Posting Guru
Not very observant are you linkinlover07 Fred our moderator has removed some questionable posts from this topic regarding posts made by me and some others. If you pay a little more attention to what you read you SEE at the bottom "DOHC and others - I removed your post, funny yes, deserved maybe, inappropriate, and extremely harsh, most certain." So ease up on the guy who takes responsibility for his actions and not jump to conclusions as you have so done. You can plainly see my post was directed to 93ranger and not you.

And take no offence either to what I am gonna say but you should "practice what you preach"