Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Junior User

79muddbug is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool sad day in fordcountry ....

When will someone at ford wake up,and do something. The other truck manf. have stepped up (namely toyota) they have thrown millions of dollars in this new full size truck and also in their upcoming run in nascar. I have been a ford man from day 1, like most of you ,but i just wanted to see if im the only one who fells out in the cold? Why hasnt ford got into the horsepower race with fullsized trucks and show this toy trucks how not to mess with the king! Maybe im alone in my thoughs, i like to hear from someone who can help me with this!

P>S toyota>>>>stock>>>v8>>385hp

dodge>>>>stock>>>v8 >>335hp
5.7 hemi >>425hp

best of all>>>damn chevy>>>v8>>360hp
Old 02-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Post Fiend

captain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud of
The hurrican is coming soon.. rumors have it 6.2 sohc making a minimum of 400hp.

there will also be dohc applications and direct injection on some models. there will also be a 4.4 liter CGI Diesel engine coming. all with the new f150.. interesting times coming up.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
I agree, for the mostpart, minus the horsepower race. And it's probably because they are hemmoraging from their repeated failed attempts at recapturing the car markets. It seems every time they come out with a new car model(every other year or so) it is obsolete and a new one is there to take it's place. And their car quality has gone down the hole, imo. Whatever happened to the car models that lasted a few years and just had improvements and updates every year? sigh.......

I'll still drive Ford trucks, but I gotta agree....the new full size Toy**ta truck commercials have gotten my attention. But don't tell my FTE buddies. lol.

Previously Owned; 1978 F150, 2000 Ford F150, and a 1950 Ford F1
Old 02-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior User

mred33 is starting off with a positive reputation.
what ever happened to choosing a truck based on its looks vs hp?? I think the toy looks like crap, and i dunno what chevy was thinking.....
Old 02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Freshman User

RickyRocket is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79muddbug

best of all>>>damn chevy>>>v8>>360hp
Don't cut the chevy 6.0L short it's 367hp
Old 02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Junior User

Cool

what ever happened to choosing a truck based on its looks vs hp??

Your right looks has something to do with it but looks anit going to make you fell better when that yoyo leaves you sitting at the light! thx for the pick up and i also agree about the cars to. but i hope they dont wait til 2010 for this new hp or we will be back at square 1! THX ricky for the fill in!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Posting Guru

Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain p4
The hurrican is coming soon.. rumors have it 6.2 sohc making a minimum of 400hp.
It won't be availble at least until late 2008.

Ford should be leader, not follower.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Postmaster

fordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to behold
ya know i see all these new trucks with all there horsepower, and i think ooooowweeee whats ford gonna do next, ya know i think this is a great day for ford, ford is gonna have to do something to be the same if not better then the new generations of trucks and for us ford owners that means nothing but good things. Who knows my next f150 could have 400hp and a six speed tranny, wouldn't that be sweet!

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/MatthewSimmons08/f150]
Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Posting Guru

92f150I6 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain p4

there will also be dohc applications and direct injection on some models. there will also be a 4.4 liter CGI Diesel engine coming. all with the new f150.. interesting times coming up.
I have also heard rumors of Ford going back to pushrods too. I guess we will have to wait and see.
2003 F250 SD 4X4 5.4L 4:10 Arizona Beige
1987 Mustang GT (sold)
09 Challenger RT
07 BMW 328Xi E92
A bunch of motorcycles and a Quad.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Senior User

linkinluver07 is starting off with a positive reputation.
^^^ I 100% agree with your post.

I really do thank toy and gm because ford is going to have to really going to have to step it up next year.. I'm sorry but i seriously DOUBT FORD is going to lay down and take the beating like they did in the car market and lose.. NONE of the big 3 are going to lay down easily ... i'm sorry but toy is going to have to do that to win over the truck market. (TRUCK STYLING ).. so i thank you toy and GM .. cause You just gave ford the little push it needs which means all going to get a better quality/dependable/long lasting pickup

WARNING: For all you "Foreign'' car lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lariat79sc
This is "FORD" truck enthusiasts. You fellas that want to defend asian crap, don't let the door hit you on the way out! Please turn over your keys to someone that still has some American Pride.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Junior User

i agree they should be a leader and i hope yall are right! If not it will be bad days. Also to fordman post( the yoyo truck already has a 6 speed i think and at 385 ) if we were playing horse shoes or handgradnes it would be a closer winner than we are!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Senior User

AB328 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also agree with some, that like it or not there is a HP/Torque war occuring that will always be. Ford's new Hurricane/Boss will need to be a huge success and make close to, or more numbers than Nissan, Toyota, GM and Dodge. They will also need to fine tune things such as: fit/finish, ride/handling, and ammenities offered. I myself will never stray from Ford, despite a few gripes here and there. Compared to some of my friends' trucks my few issues are minor.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Elder User

V10_Cougar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRocket
Don't cut the chevy 6.0L short it's 367hp
The V10 has 367HP and more torque then the GM 6.0L wishes it had.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Elder User

V10_Cougar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB328
I also agree with some, that like it or not there is a HP/Torque war occuring that will always be. Ford's new Hurricane/Boss will need to be a huge success and make close to, or more numbers than Nissan, Toyota, GM and Dodge. They will also need to fine tune things such as: fit/finish, ride/handling, and ammenities offered. I myself will never stray from Ford, despite a few gripes here and there. Compared to some of my friends' trucks my few issues are minor.
I totally agree. This is one of the best post I've read on this site. (So Far)
Junior User

hey v10 you need to check up on a thing called lightin that doge looks poor compared to just V8. Anyone who know fords knows that with a little performance ford rules but starting at stock whippin as* dont hurt either