Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Where is everyone hiding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Where is everyone hiding?

This board has had almost no activity lately.......................Where's everybody at? I find it hard to believe everyones working on their trucks in this 10 degree weather! If you are your crazier than I am. Oops, I lied. We're going to do my brother's pinion bearings in the driveway on thursday night! My better judgement says it's a bad idea in our current arctic temps, but oh well!

Old 02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm here Scott. Only a dedicated truck guy would do something like that. Snowstorm, Had to put a starter in my diesel while laying in the driveway. I had a two car garage but couldn't fit my truck in it. Now I call a tow truck and send them to the shop.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
03scf250
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have not posted in pa chapter much ,but i have followed the gtg with Del. Trying to see if I can make it or not. I feel for you having to work outside in the cold, done that way to many times. That's why I'm glad when I had my pole building put up I went 24x30 so my truck would fit in. When I get around to adding heat ,It'll be like my own paradise.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:32 PM
soondg
Postmaster
03scf250, we know who's house we're having a wrench party at.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:11 PM
03scf250
Mountain Pass
Smile

Well thats gotta be better than a basket party.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
soondg
Postmaster
You haven't seen some of the things I have. A basket may be the best way to transport them. May we plan a summer mud fest on your small farm in Easton? Monster Mudders and Super Swampers should really get that farm plowed. We can put salt spreaders on the back of our trucks and broadcast seed the whole area. Why have neat rows when you can create geometric patterns and have fun doing it.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:13 PM
03scf250
Mountain Pass
Sounds like a blast although the neighbor that leases fields may not have the same view. No muddin out here only thing that rips up the fields besides plows are the groundhogs. Slowly that problem is being knocked down (averaging around 30-40 a year),just seems like for every one that I shoot two more appear to see whats going on.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 AM
drbond
Junior User
Hey 03scf250, Pen Argyl here! Good to see another neighbor close by. Hear ya on the hogs. They do a number on our horse pastures too, but like you they are getting fewer each year, and my shooting is getting better! Keeping 550 plugged in and training all three horses each week getting ready for another season of endurance racing soon! Come on spring.....

Bondo©

Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by soondg
I'm here Scott. Only a dedicated truck guy would do something like that. Snowstorm, Had to put a starter in my diesel while laying in the driveway. I had a two car garage but couldn't fit my truck in it. Now I call a tow truck and send them to the shop.
We're heading up to tioga county next weekend, and since neither of our jeeps are trailable yet, he wants to take his truck up there to flog. It should be fun, but doing the pinion bearings is going to suck no matter how you look at it! Maybe we can get some good offroad shots of both trucks while we're there.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:47 PM
soondg
Postmaster
If you get the shots Scott post them or put them in photobucket and post the link(gotta save fte some bandwidth).

drbond and 03, you guys could have a little gtg in your area. When I can i'll get someone to help me set up a frapper map and have members post where they are. The whole purpose of the chapter is so we can meet one another and do stuff off line like helping with each others trucks, off roading, dragging or just hanging.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:47 PM
79modified
Senior User
I am here now I have been out of town for 3 weeks, I try to check in from the hotels but its hard to find time. I just saw the tread about paragon I cant believe that but, we still need to plan a 4 wheeling gtg.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
We got real lucky tonight. Pulled the driveshaft down and found the pinion nut backed off. We tightened it back up to 160, and gave it a road test. Good for now no more nose, much less chance of having a freeway yard sale on spit out parts! Couldn't really set turning torque, but we'll throw the new bearings in and do it right when it warms up, it's too cold to screw with now (any more than needed). I will post the pics up, and will be sure to get as many as I can. I may need to follow him on a quad to get them but I will (I don't scratch my truck, but his earns character dents all the time!).

Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by soondg
If you get the shots Scott post them or put them in photobucket and post the link(gotta save fte some bandwidth).
Didn't manage any pics this year. The snow up there was so light and fluffy that it stopped anything trying to enter it. My brother made it about 30 feet up the trail to the top of the mountain, but it was just drifted too deep. The quads were more useless than the truck. He couldn't even get up the plowed snowpile in the driveway, the frontend just pushed right into it. The snow was only passable on snowmobiles, and even they were getting stuck!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 AM
soondg
Postmaster
All we had to deal with down here Scott was slush, made it easy to shovel before anything froze up. I miss snow, lots of snow. I can't do much in it anymore, but I still like it. I do enjoy watching my grand children play in it.

On another note; are you going to come to the tri-state get together on the 21st of April?

Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Aye Ferguson...I'm still here! I read the posts every day time permittin' and generally pervue over the FTE posts as well. Lots of excellent reading! If anything ever does go wrong with my 86 F-150 I know where to go! HAW!HAW!HAW! Here in south-central Pa. we've had a few small snowfalls and a good bit of ice. 'Nuther ice storm headed our way this evening into Thursday...grrrrr! Haven't driven the truck much...Penn-Dot seems bound and determined to use up all their salt on our roads and I won't take the truck out on that stuff. Think it ate most of the paint off'n the van already. (sigh..) Might be going to the Carlise Truck show this year...need to find a piece of trim and a "D" to replace the missing parts on my truck. On the tailgate the "D" is missing in the FORD lettering on the tailgate...drives me crazy! Just behind the cab on drivers side theres a piece of black rubber trim missing off the chrome piece. That drives me crazy also! Good reason to go shopping..eh! Had some fun tormenting my daughter t'other day...story to follow! (Catfood) YMHS! Audie..the oldfart!