Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fire240

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Lightbulb Computer And Operating System Software

Members, what kind of computer and operating system software are you using?

Can your computer read Microsoft Office files like Word and Excel?

Do you have WordPad installed?

Do you have Wordperfect installed?

Just trying to get a handle on how to send information to you and in what format it needs to be sent.

Last edited by glruff; 02-06-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

dawgs150 has a great reputation on FTE.dawgs150 has a great reputation on FTE.dawgs150 has a great reputation on FTE.dawgs150 has a great reputation on FTE.
lets see...i have a dell with xp professional...i have excel, word and word pad...not sure if i have word perfect
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Thanks Lew, Excel and word is what I am hoping to see everyone has available.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
I run 4 different hard drives depending on what I'm working on, 2 are on Windows ME one is on Windows XP Pro and the other is on Windows XP home. I also have Office 03 on one which has word and all that and one has Office 07 on it.

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4 4WD
1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB

Last edited by SCRWDRVR; 02-06-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:37 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
gateway/emachines with windows XP.
and i can read what you send me, but not what my sister sends from her work computer.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Post Fiend

phil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant futurephil6608 has a brilliant future
I have a Gateway with Windows XP
It has word but will not display graphics I tried saving but still wont work.
Sorry but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the PC.All I can do is point and click,,lol.
Join the the Delaware Chapter, HERE
Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Junior User

Pendor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff
Members, what kind of computer and operating system software are you using?

Can your computer read Microsoft Office files like Word and Excel?

Do you have WordPad installed?

Do you have Wordperfect installed?

Just trying to get a handle on how to send information to you and in what format it needs to be sent.
You name an Operating System, and I probably have a PC running it.
You name a Document File Extension (.pdf, .doc, .wks) and I have a program to open it.

Remember, this is what I do for a living.
-Pleasure Driver
1990 Thunderbird 3.8L
-Work Driver
Old 02-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Pendor can you help Phil determine why he cannot display the graphics he mentioned in his post.

Also did you get the flyer emailed to you and can you open it?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Junior User

Pendor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes I got it, and I'm working on modifying it for more details and such. It's good, but I know some of the guys I want to recruit might want to know more before signing on. I need to hold thier attention, or they may never rememeber.

As far as the pictures not openning up. It's probably a security issue. Emailing documents is often a popular way of spreading viruses, so Microsoft Office and other packages like to lock you out of viewing downloaded images by default.

I didn't see his post, but that is my initial instinct.
-Pleasure Driver
1990 Thunderbird 3.8L
-Work Driver
Old 02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
Pendor do you know how to build PC's also? That's something I've been wanting to learn for a while now but I want some instruction. I don't want to jump in blind so to speak.

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4 4WD
1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 02-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Freshman User

renegade734 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have Mac OS-X. I have Notepad. I have Safari. I have AppleWorks. And I have MS Office. I can handle anything you can throw at me.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Anybody know renegade734? Better sign him up before he gets away.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 PM