Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Newark Chrysler Plant Closing??????

Is it really going to happen this time?

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...INESS/70214013

Doesn't look good for Delaware. Dupont sells Nylon plant in Seaford, MBNA sells to Bank of America, now Diamler--Chrysler.......

What's in store for us next?

Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
dawgs150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i read that and it doesnt look good...i kinda think last year when ford and chevy were struggling chrysler should have been looking to prepare itself for this to happen... i think they got too high on themselves...unfortunately i know several people who work there and its never good when this type of thing happens

Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 PM
BigBlueMacDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sad to see what is happening, I have worked in there during model change-overs, adding, removing and altering the conveyor lines. Before retiring, I was a Union Millwright, and that plant was a GodSend to a lot of working people, even outside of those who were Chrysler employees. I have been watching the BIG Three continue to build formerly profitable big vehicles, and not want to adapt, even after they became unprofitable. Chrysler went through this same deal in the eighties. In the seventies, Chrysler was building cars people didn't want anymore. They were still paying their stockholders dividends, and they refused to change as Ford and Chevy had already started to do. The Durango was built with problems even before it left the factory, believe it. They stayed at the dance too long again, and it is costing them. I HOPE they survive. Chrysler has been part of the fabric of our manufacturing, economy and history too long to lose it. This is what happens when "Bean-Counters" run companies, and take the "Gear-heads" out of the business. You have to build a car, truck, whatever, that people want, or you die. ......Hope I didn't step on any toes, but that is the way I see this......If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know........

Last edited by BigBlueMacDaddy; 02-14-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
SCRWDRVR
"Obsessed"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work right on the other side of the tracks for there and man theres a lot of vehicles there everyday that leads to a lot of jobless folks. I sure hope they come up with a way to keep it open