Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Junior User

The Kingfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
Would you use Wheel locks in Norfolk???

We just put 4 new BFG T/A AT KOs on our 1999 F-150.

It will be parked sometimes overnight on the street in Norfolk.

What steps would you take so that your new tires did not get stolen and sold for crack?

Are those wheel lock lug nuts any good?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:10 AM
Junior User

BoltBuster is starting off with a positive reputation.
yes, there is Crackheads everywhere now of days
Old 02-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
When you buy your locks for your wheels hide your key in a place different than your glove box or console it's the first place a theif will look after they bust out your glass. I knew a fellow who bought wheel locks and cut off one end of a 4 way lug wrench and had the key welded on.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Junior User

BoltBuster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Most if not all wheel locks can be defeated by a socket just larger than the lock lug. hammered on tight and use of a breaker bar. but this does slow the dumb thief's down or detours them long enough that they will move on to an easier target or plan ahead next tome through your street.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Junior User

I checked for a set at Auto Zone and Adavance Auto, neither had them for a 99 Ford!!!

Any suggestions?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Go to a Tire store the same place you bought your wheels and tires from they will have them.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Posting Guru

Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would have wheel locks on any set of wheels that you do not want stolen not matter where I lived. Leaving your truck overnight in Norfok is the same as leaving it in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk or Hampton. I'd be more worried if I had left it in Downtown Portsmouth overnight.

Lees Tires and Rims should sell wheel locks. They are located on Azalea Garden Rd. next to the Little Creek Rd. intersection.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat7742
I would have wheel locks on any set of wheels that you do not want stolen not matter where I lived. Leaving your truck overnight in Norfok is the same as leaving it in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk or Hampton. I'd be more worried if I had left it in Downtown Portsmouth overnight.

Lees Tires and Rims should sell wheel locks. They are located on Azalea Garden Rd. next to the Little Creek Rd. intersection.
What locks do you think are the best?

BTW, you must be a navy pilot . . . right?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Posting Guru

Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not a Navy pilot (just an enthusiasts) and have no clue who makes the best locks. My rims are stock and have never really worried about putting locks on

When are you leaving your truck down here? Maybe I can buy you a beer or something.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Junior User

I'm an old Ghent boy from way back, just moved out of the big city and up to the family farm about ten years ago. My wife still works there because she's close to retirement. I KNOW Norfolk and that's why I wants me some wheel locks!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Posting Guru

Haha, I've lived here 90% of my life, I just don't think it's that bad. Portsmouth, Hampton and Newport News are much worse IMO. The only place in Norfolk that I would worry about would be Berkley or Bay View around Tidewater Dr.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter

Tags
02, beach, chesapeake, crackhead, f150, ghent, locking, locks, lug, norfolk, nuts, va, virginia, wheel