Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Wanted and For Sale Thread

Looking for a 5 speed manual trans for a 1990 F-350 with 7.3 Diesel. Need everything, bellhousing, flywheel etc.

How about one of the Mods "stickie" this thread....................
Old 02-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Senior User

Oregon-Mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
It kind of seems like a (reasonably) local classifieds would be a good idea...I know I wouldn't want to deal with paying for shipping on a tranny from the east coast. I guess local is relative too....fabmandelux is 250 miles from me, but he's also on the way up to Spokane/Sandpoint and I make that trip every year or so.

Can't help you in your search for a ZF5 fabmandelux, but if I see one local I'll send the info your way. I have to think that this conversion will be on my list at some point as well.

I'll start posting with a sig as soon as this site lets me....'til then:
93 F350 CC DRW, 7.3 NA, 4:10, 4x2, E4OD.

Mike
Old 02-05-2007, 10:53 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon-Mike
It kind of seems like a (reasonably) local classifieds would be a good idea...I know I wouldn't want to deal with paying for shipping on a tranny from the east coast. I guess local is relative too....fabmandelux is 250 miles from me, but he's also on the way up to Spokane/Sandpoint and I make that trip every year or so.

Can't help you in your search for a ZF5 fabmandelux, but if I see one local I'll send the info your way. I have to think that this conversion will be on my list at some point as well.

I'll start posting with a sig as soon as this site lets me....'til then:
93 F350 CC DRW, 7.3 NA, 4:10, 4x2, E4OD.

Mike
Local ads won't work here, I live 16 miles South of a town with only 350 people. The reason I posted here is so I won't get any responses from to far away. I do a lot of traveling in Oregon and Washington promoting Biodiesel, so finding one in the Northwest works for me!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Senior User

Fabmandelux,
That's essentially what I was getting at in my post with "reasonably local" classifieds. An Oregon ads list or a NW list. I guess it's not that difficult to browse through the ads here and disregard the way out of the area ads.

I've read a bit on the biodiesel forum and noticed that you're big into that. That's awesome! My goal at one point was to set up a processing plant in my garage but I think I'm going to hold off on that until we move out of town (if that ever happens). I may end up doing an SVO conversion on the Ford, not sure exactly which direction I'll head. Sequential has a station in town so I can actually buy B100 nowadays. Haven't ran any in the Ford yet as it's not on the road just yet. I will be soon, and I'll have spare fuel filters with me when I do :-)

Hasta,
Mike
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 AM

The "old" chapter had a long running thread that worked great. One of our members gave me a sweet running engine, Another sold me a reman C-6 for a 460 for $50. I also gave away parts I didn't need. I would rather deal with a fellow FTE'er, than any "regular" people. Must be the Ford that brings out the best in us
Old 02-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Senior User

1984 f-250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
fabman... have you ever checked craigslist for a cheap tranny
Old 02-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Posting Guru

Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.
Dang I sold one just a few months ago. I even had a 6 sp diesel trans. I'll keep my eyes open. If you find one that needs rebuilt I can help you with that. I am a past Factory Ford Master Technician from Kendall in Eugene. Most of my friends are still there so I get discounts as if I am an employee.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Senior User

1984 f-250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does that mean you get all Ford parts cheap
Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Posting Guru

Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.
its like cost plus a small percentage. cheaper than having a business account. I also still get cash discounts at places they do business with. I dont pay full price for much these days with my friends in the right places.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Senior User

That's my kind of shopping Ponyracer !

I *hate* paying full price for anything. There are a few places in town where I can use my work account for items, but not many. I do 90% of my ordering (computer parts/electronic parts/machine shop tools etc.) online.

Mike
Old 02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Postmaster

FTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to allFTE Trigger is a name known to all
Idunthave1yet
...and to make sure this one doesn't accidently start back up... I'll jus' lock and stow this one away...

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 02-06-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Forgot "smiley" again...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
1935, ford, oregon, sale, truck, trucks, wanted, washington